Horn section in "You Should Have Been Nice To Me" is from Schubert Symphony No.9

I never knew Morrissey's horn section in 'You Should Have Been Nice To Me' is from Schubert Symphony No.9

Was this ever mentioned before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6XpzjfOUQ0

sweet, i dont know classical very well but appreciate it when i hear it. ive never heard that but i wouldnt take my word that it hasnt been. i dont pay much attention to things like that unless i happen to just over hear of see it mentioned like in your post

well every note, is been played before somewhere, yeah
Talent borrows,Genius steals

did you know the last line of get of the stage, is from Ernist Hemmingway

whom the bell tolls

wonderfull song this, nice catch, he should've mentioned it on the record

whom the bell tolls

wonderfull song this, nice catch, he should've mentioned it on the record

Yes but not in a specific order. That's like saying 'Every lotto ball has been drawn at least once'.

The horn section was neither borrowed or stolen, simply copied.

Everyone in the world, English-speaking or otherwise, knows 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' was written by Hemingway. The phrase actually derives from the work of John Donne.

whom the bell tolls

I suspect a Boz (perhaps Alain) input here, though. Can't really imagine Morrissey as a classical music listener, plsu remember, it was composed/recorded around the same time as "Teachers".

I suspect a Boz (perhaps Alain) input here, though. Can't really imagine Morrissey as a classical music listener, plsu remember, it was composed/recorded around the same time as "Teachers".

I remember that he played Chopins "Nocturnes" through the PA every night on the Ringleader tour - before the support act (who were then followed by the intermission tape).

I remember that he played Chopins "Nocturnes" through the PA every night on the Ringleader tour - before the support act (who were then followed by the intermission tape).
The Smiths also used Prokofiev's "Romeo and Juliet" as intro music during the Meat Is Murder and The Queen Is Dead tours, iirc.

From Goddard's Mozipedia entry for "The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils": The backing track closely followed Boorer's demo, a slowly spiralling descent into hell engined by a looped sample of the opening bars of Shostakovich's Sympony No. 5 in D Minor; according to Jonny Bridgwood, Boorer had experimented with various classical samples during this period, demoing another instrumental featuring a different orchestral work during the preliminary Southpaw Grammar sessions at Miraval studios in France.

This would strongly suggest the impetus came from Boz.

yes, true. He does have a ear for classical. Remember hearing Jacqueline du pre before the intermission tape on the ' Arsenal 'tour.

- - - Updated - - -

sounds right.

well hes credited for the song isnt he but why does it surprise people that moz would have an ear and appreciation for the classical. i remember when i found out that the drums on loop was a sample of drums run on a loop

well hes credited for the song isnt he but why does it surprise people that moz would have an ear and appreciation for the classical. i remember when i found out that the drums on loop was a sample of drums run on a loop

... guess they think he's all 'punk' with no edges soft to the touch. Oh so that's why it's called 'the loop' , Makes sense... but is that true?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom