Lausanne - Le Metropole (Oct. 4, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / How Soon Is Now? / Reader Meet Author / The Bullfighter Dies / Oboe Concerto / You Have Killed Me / Meat Is Murder / Yes, I Am Blind / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Riccardo De Dominicis's / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out Facebook group, link from an anonymous person.

• I'm throwing my arms around Lausanne by David Glaser - Suississimo. Link from David.
  • Morrissey, légende light pour dimanche sage by François Barras - 24heures.ch. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Photo posted by terryjak:

lausanne.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, that is exactly what I mean, and what has been missing in large part from his recent output. I am not saying others are wrong for liking this new direction, but I don't. I keep hoping he will awaken from this mariachi, dirge filled haze and embrace a more upbeat pop/rock influenced sound like he did with YATQ. Production quality arguments aside, I loved that album from start to finish (even the obligatory "I hate the record business" song). I listened to that CD regularly for months, and was the reason why I loved the Who Put the M in Manchester DVD so much because I got to see him perform many of those songs.

From there You Have Killed Me and then flat line. I agree with you that 2 albums a year for a number of years dilutes the feeling one gets when listening to an artist's music, but songs about bullfighters, and kissy face, and cities/countries have pretty much done the same for me. He has to have one brilliant album left in him. He just needs to get musicians that can write music and not just play it.

See I happen to like mariachi music. But I think I understand what you're saying. I'm coming from the angle, "Enjoy it while it lasts..." So with that in view, I'm just happy he releases anything. Also, I can't really listen to Quarry anymore except on rare occasions. My favorite song right now from that album is, "All The Lazy Dykes", I guess I like the odd stuff. I've always loved his B-sides, typically better than the singles, or shall I say, I enjoy them more? Anyway, love you, baby.

See I happen to like mariachi music. But I think I understand what you're saying. I'm coming from the angle, "Enjoy it while it lasts..." So with that in view, I'm just happy he releases anything. Also, I can't really listen to Quarry anymore except on rare occasions. My favorite song right now from that album is, "All The Lazy Dykes", I guess I like the odd stuff. I've always loved his B-sides, typically better than the singles, or shall I say, I enjoy them more? Anyway, love you, baby.

If by "it" you mean his band's recent attempts at music, then there is no enjoyment for me so it might as well end. If I had to pick my least favorite YATQ song it would be the one that is your favorite. Music hits everyone differently, which is why there are so many bands and styles of music.

When I see people post about liking WPINOYB I notice many times them referencing older songs that I also don't like. For example, Ambitious Outsiders and Sorrow Will Come in the End are the only two songs on Maladjusted that I skip and they are named here and even on this thread I believe as favorites. So liking the odd stuff makes sense to me when it comes to WPINOYB supporters.

For me the sweet spot were the Bona Drag days. We can't live in the past, but I will continue to hope for a breath of fresh pop inspired air into any new music he publishes. Don't you know....love is a four letter word deary ;)

Yes, that is exactly what I mean, and what has been missing in large part from his recent output. I am not saying others are wrong for liking this new direction, but I don't. I keep hoping he will awaken from this mariachi, dirge filled haze and embrace a more upbeat pop/rock influenced sound like he did with YATQ. Production quality arguments aside, I loved that album from start to finish (even the obligatory "I hate the record business" song). I listened to that CD regularly for months, and was the reason why I loved the Who Put the M in Manchester DVD so much because I got to see him perform many of those songs.

From there You Have Killed Me and then flat line. I agree with you that 2 albums a year for a number of years dilutes the feeling one gets when listening to an artist's music, but songs about bullfighters, and kissy face, and cities/countries have pretty much done the same for me. He has to have one brilliant album left in him. He just needs to get musicians that can write music and not just play it.

i like the songs subjects on world peace myself as i enjoy him when hes singing more about the world and not his own feelings alone such as dealing with loneliness or love though to be honest i still enjoy both very much. i loved quarry even though im generally not as big a fan of electro influences in general which is why i seem to be so at odds with the new order fans here reality bites aside but also loved refusal. both had good production to me but finn has made many albums i love over the years from greenday to jawbreaker (god i love that album which you would hate im assuming) to the living end the suicide machines all the way to alkaline trio etc. i like and see myself in lots of musical styles and appreciate many different types of band even stuff like the first slipknot album. i think my issue with fans of morrissey is when people equate not liking a certain type of music with the band being poor writers or players which is hard for me to agree with and that he needs real writers or better ones and dont make the distinction that they just want writers who write in styles that they like. i dont want moz to cater even if its to me so trying to say he needs to do this because this is what i like or just to maintain some level of popular success is imo wrong and would have me overall respect him less as an artist. he for sure wants to be loved by the pubic but i love the fact that he doesnt want it so bad as to cater

You are wrong. Julie In The Weeds, Istanbul, I Will See You In Far Off Places, At Last I Am Born, Something Is Squeezing My Skull, Shame Is The Name, and there are many more... Seriously, are you f***ing crazy?

I think he meant good song as in one which people who aren't fans will like it too. Of my friends who aren't Morrissey fans, the last song I know they knew of was Paris (Before that You Have Killed Me, First of the Gang, Irish Blood) and I think if a single version of Staircase was made (perhaps 4 minutes long) and marketed then it could have done OK, but I didn't hear a song on World Peace with the potential to be a single. There was no song which combined a short enough length, music which was catchy and strong lyrics. Moz lost a 3 minute pop-song writer in Alain, and a very good one, but that doesn't put down Boz, Jesse, and Gustavo. Both Boz and Jesse have written tunes which have charted as relatively popular singles, and the music which Gus came up with for World Peace was strong and catchy (The lyrics let down Earth is the Loneliest Planet big time). I think the next album is promising, musically at the very least, if it ever sees the light of day...

I think he meant good song as in one which people who aren't fans will like it too. Of my friends who aren't Morrissey fans, the last song I know they knew of was Paris (Before that You Have Killed Me, First of the Gang, Irish Blood) and I think if a single version of Staircase was made (perhaps 4 minutes long) and marketed then it could have done OK, but I didn't hear a song on World Peace with the potential to be a single. There was no song which combined a short enough length, music which was catchy and strong lyrics. Moz lost a 3 minute pop-song writer in Alain, and a very good one, but that doesn't put down Boz, Jesse, and Gustavo. Both Boz and Jesse have written tunes which have charted as relatively popular singles, and the music which Gus came up with for World Peace was strong and catchy (The lyrics let down Earth is the Loneliest Planet big time). I think the next album is promising, musically at the very least, if it ever sees the light of day...

i like the lyrics to earth is but can agree that theyre not very expansive in the way a single should have been. releasing world peace first was also a mistake i think in that any political song thats super explicit and obvious is just going to be trouble. i thought the lyrics video were a rgeat idea but should have released kiss me a lot as a free teaser to set the mood and then released a digital single. dont know really what song id make that single be though staircase does work in the sense that its got that beat (which i hate myself) which would have worked for general radio though here in the u.s radio be dead. seems different in the u.k i dont know. bullfighter is very catchy but like world peace the lyrics wouldnt have worked for a single and would have just caused contention and false contempt. maybe neil cassady as here the beats are still big and i love that song and it might have corresponded with the find of the golden letter that made news not to long ago

i like the lyrics to earth is but can agree that theyre not very expansive in the way a single should have been. releasing world peace first was also a mistake i think in that any political song thats super explicit and obvious is just going to be trouble. i thought the lyrics video were a rgeat idea but should have released kiss me a lot as a free teaser to set the mood and then released a digital single. dont know really what song id make that single be though staircase does work in the sense that its got that beat (which i hate myself) which would have worked for general radio though here in the u.s radio be dead. seems different in the u.k i dont know. bullfighter is very catchy but like world peace the lyrics wouldnt have worked for a single and would have just caused contention and false contempt. maybe neil cassady as here the beats are still big and i love that song and it might have corresponded with the find of the golden letter that made news not to long ago

sorry should read not super explicit and obvious. that mistke was left by accident

sorry should read not super explicit and obvious. that mistke was left by accident

I feel the same about Neal Cassady. It took me a lot of listens to work out my own understanding of it though, and I don't know whether many casual listeners would have enjoyed it as a single (most probably would have complained about the 'Babies full of rabies' section, not realising or ignoring that it actually says a lot about the Beats understanding of life). I don't know how we got onto World Peace singles from the Lausanne gig haha, but I have a lot of hope for Moz's future creations.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom