Lausanne - Le Metropole (Oct. 4, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / How Soon Is Now? / Reader Meet Author / The Bullfighter Dies / Oboe Concerto / You Have Killed Me / Meat Is Murder / Yes, I Am Blind / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Riccardo De Dominicis's / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out Facebook group, link from an anonymous person.

• I'm throwing my arms around Lausanne by David Glaser - Suississimo. Link from David.
  • Morrissey, légende light pour dimanche sage by François Barras - 24heures.ch. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Photo posted by terryjak:

lausanne.jpg

Last edited:
what's wrong with it? He does a good job.

Are you serious??
He ruins any song that wasn't written by him. He will never come close to Alain. Did you hear the version of Boxers at the last UK show?! Butchered is putting it nicely. What Morrissey sees in him I'll never figure out.

Are you serious??
He ruins any song that wasn't written by him. He will never come close to Alain. Did you hear the version of Boxers at the last UK show?! Butchered is putting it nicely. What Morrissey sees in him I'll never figure out.

No I think you're wrong. I'm quite picky with music and I think he does a good job.
Butchering? Total rubbish.

if people want to critisize his playing and be convincing they should say why its butchered. is the timing off and he comes in late, does he miss notes or is out of tune etc (none of which i can hear from the videos or when ive seen him live). one person didnt like his effects pedals as if thats a sign of poor playing

Quite a nice, mellow review here from the Lausanne paper: http://www.24heures.ch/culture/musique/morrissey-legende-light-dimanche-sage/story/30480831

I loved it, got to the front with no difficulty, enjoyed the setlist even with the nonsense of Gustavo singing the last and most powerful bit of Speedway, the low quality of WPINOYB songs compared to his older stuff, and the occasionally faltering chat.

I went to Bournemouth a few months back, but this gig was miles better. He was on good form and seemed happy to be in Lausanne, which I find extraordinary.

If you're concentrating on Jesse, you've missed the point of Morrissey. Morrissey is about Morrissey, not the band. The band are nice, but it's Morrissey we come to see, just like The Smiths. Jesse plays fine. He's actually gotten a lot better too, open up your tunnel vision and just enjoy. You're concentrating on the wrong things in life. My advice is to get laid or commit some crime, you'll feel better, I hope.

Why should anyone feel guilty for trying to enjoy Morrissey's MUSIC, especially if he plays live? He's supposed to be a SINGER, singing SONGS, played by musicians. So if you go see a Shakespeare play, it's all right if the actors suck, you just give yourself to Shakespeare's beautiful written words?

Someone throw a bag on the stage with "f*** cancer" written on it. I didn't really understand Morrissey's emotions about it. What you guys think? I was a bit shocked and perceived it a bit rude and mean. Also noticed that Moz was quite dewey-eyed that evening.

The last three setlists, Lausanne, Köln and Frankfurt look fantastic! He's really got a good mix of his solo work while not totally ignoring World Peace.

Someone throw a bag on the stage with "f*** cancer" written on it.
Really? The intentions were certainly good, but if you attend a show just enjoy the music and the atmosphere. I understand how fans want to be supportive towards Morrissey and his health BUT these are personal problems that shouldn't be underlined during a show. I find it rude too.
Anyways, i really like the setlist and can't wait to see him live in a few days here in Italy!

If you're concentrating on Jesse, you've missed the point of Morrissey. Morrissey is about Morrissey, not the band. The band are nice, but it's Morrissey we come to see, just like The Smiths. Jesse plays fine. He's actually gotten a lot better too, open up your tunnel vision and just enjoy. You're concentrating on the wrong things in life. My advice is to get laid or commit some crime, you'll feel better, I hope.

That is a notion I do not subscribe to. Sure, it's great to see Morrissey. It's better to see him backed up by musicians who can actually do the songs justice and concentrate on playing rather than perfecting a good power stance and O face. Tunnel vision vs larger picture? It's this kind of goofy idle worship wherein everything that Morrissey does is expected to be free from critique that strikes me as tunnel vision.
No need to project on my sexual or criminal doings, either. I can assure you, any needs I have in those categories are being met.

That is a notion I do not subscribe to. Sure, it's great to see Morrissey. It's better to see him backed up by musicians who can actually do the songs justice and concentrate on playing rather than perfecting a good power stance and O face. Tunnel vision vs larger picture? It's this kind of goofy idle worship wherein everything that Morrissey does is expected to be free from critique that strikes me as tunnel vision.
No need to project on my sexual or criminal doings, either. I can assure you, any needs I have in those categories are being met.

I agree. Just because Morrissey is great doesn't give a free pass to sub-standard musicians. I do agree that Jesse is way better now and the band are fairly tight, but I think Moz has reached a stalemate. He can stay with his current band and do another few concerts and then retire, or he can start collaborating with other musicians and song writers. This does not mean he needs a Smiths reunion. That will never happen. The possibility of a Morrissey-Marr reunion is very slim too, so I would say he should look elsewhere such as Bernard Butler or anyone. I'm sure there are no end of good partners out there eager to embrace the Moz.
Morrissey's voice has never been better and I loved the last album, so I find it disheartening that he can't get a contract.
There was no call for Poet to be telling you to get a life and stop complaining and see the wider picture. You can't post anything on this site without being hounded into an early grave.

Compare,compare again. 'NEVER figure out' are the key words here... to never unlock and know the truth...the reason behind the genius that is HIM.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
really? He butchered the hell out of every solo. As for the reply below yours about having high standards, sure, why not?
When you take on the role of professional touring musician, you should have high standards and play well.
Given the incredible catalogue of music he has been hired to play, he should approach it with a lot more respect and finesse than he does.

^^^this ^^^

Delicate style and finesse are foreign concepts to Jesse Tobias.

He sonically mauls every Smiths and early Moz song he plays.

It's as if he has no idea how to play them so he just goes off on power-chords in hopes of coming close to somehow replicating the guitar parts.

Jesse has been the worst addition to Morrissey's band.

It's a shame fans have to put up with him.

Moz's music would be so much better if not for Jesse f***ing Tobias.

This really shows how spoiled we are in California and the USA regarding Morrissey shows. He was just here in August and people are saying "oh please come back" like all you desperate Brit, Euros, and South Americans.

Don't worry he'll be back within 24 months as usual or you could just hang out at any trendy Italian Restaurant in West Hollywood, the beach in Malibu, Rodeo Drive, the Beverly Center, or any Iggy Pop, Buster Poindexter, or Patti Smith concert in LA and you can get a selfie. Anonymous-

Are you serious??

I am serious. Truly. Maybe when he was new, he "roughed up" songs (from what I understand, at Morrissey's request), but not now. All the music is approved by Morrissey, so if you have a problem with it, lodge your complaints to P.O. Box No1GivesAf***, Burbank, California. If you know ANYTHING AT ALL about music, you'll find that there is more than ONE WAY to play a song, many times it's about feel. You nutjobs who want every single show to sound like the record have CLEARLY never played an instrument live. It's boring to play the song the exact same as the record. Jesse hits the notes and puts a twist on it, it's fine. He has HIS style and it's fine, especially for this late in the game. It gives a freshness to the songs. Some people like it, some don't. The people who don't are being snotty. Enjoy the damn show. I did listen to Boxers and it sounded fine, give me a link again and I'll listen to it again to see what you're talking about. Alain is my favorite songwriter, he always will be. He wrote most of the songs that mean the most to me, why bring him up though? HE IS GONE. Johnny is gone. Are you ever going to get over it? I have. What Morrissey sees in Jesse is probably friendship and good looks, what's wrong with that? Have you never had a friend? I'd rather be surrounded by friends, than that prick Joyce Michael or Johnny "Didn't Get As" Farr. Get over it and yourself. You're missing out on life complaining too much.

Last edited:
Why should anyone feel guilty for trying to enjoy Morrissey's MUSIC, especially if he plays live? He's supposed to be a SINGER, singing SONGS, played by musicians. So if you go see a Shakespeare play, it's all right if the actors suck, you just give yourself to Shakespeare's beautiful written words?

You make a good point. In my opinion, the musicians sound great! We can't argue opinions, but I don't go on Derek Baily's website and complain about his playing. Everything is a matter of taste. I get it, you care, you want Morrissey and the band to sound good because you love him and stuff, all I'm saying is, there's no need to nitpick at this point, is there? Enjoy the overall experience of seeing him live or on youtube, at least, that's what I do. The recent version of The Queen Is Dead is the absolute best I've EVER heard. So yes, I agree with what you're saying but the band sound fine, actually great.

i still have yet to hear any specifics as to what is wrong with the playing. like i said before is ti the timing key tuning incorrect notes or just that he uses a different setup. hard to take any of the complaints seriously unless they can say why

Back
Top Bottom