TTY: Morrissey to headline Primavera Fauna Festival in Santiago, Chile (Nov. 14, 2015)

rhye are also kinda awesome. this is from npr for those who know

"Last year, an unknown band called Rhye started posting exquisitely produced videos online. The clips were sexy — erotic even — and the music matched the images. The identities of the band members were a mystery, intentionally shielded from view.

Listeners started wondering: Who is that woman singing? Why don't they show her? Once information starting leaking about the band, admirers were shocked to learn: That's a dude!

"Personally, I don't view myself as sounding like a woman," says Toronto-born Mike Milosh, the voice behind Rhye's sensual songs and one-half of what has now been revealed as an all-male duo. "I think I just have a soft quality to my voice, and then people immediately associate that with something extremely feminine."

Rhye will release its debut album, Woman, this week. But even as Milosh and his collaborator, Danish songwriter-producer Robin Hannibal, have begun to surface in the media, they have remained visually enigmatic. Consenting to a photo shoot for a New York Times profile last month, the duo requested that their faces be obscured.

"I can't say it's not intentional because we made a conscious decision to stay out of things," Milosh says. "But it wasn't a PR scheme. It's not something that we created out of gimmickry, or whatever. We just didn't want to be in the imagery of it because we wanted people to have their own experience with the songs. Robin and I talked about it at great length. That's how we both love exploring music, especially when we were younger. You hear something, you're intrigued by it — but because of the song, not because of the image around the song."

Milosh and Hannibal spoke with guest host Celeste Headlee on Saturday's All Things Considered. To hear more of their conversation, click the audio link on this page."

From TTY:

Morrissey to headline Primavera Fauna Festival - true-to-you.net
3 October 2015

"Morrissey has now been added to headline the Primavera Fauna Festival in Santiago, Chile, on November 14 due to strong demand based on the overwhelming sales of tickets for his concert at Movistar Arena on November 11."

morrissey_to_headline_primavera_fauna_festival_on_14_november_2015.jpg

---

Maybe I'm getting old, maybe I don't read the right magazines, maybe I'm in the wrong country. I recognise one other than Morrissey on that list.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz is having a rough year with the novel, people not caring about the "World Peace" tracks at his live shows, and with Johnny Marr never coming back he needs to find someone to recapture his old magic.

He should have a chat with Wild Nothing at Primavera Fauna, they are the most "Smiths" sounding band out there, but still have a freshness about them. They would make great collaborators.

Sam, if you read this board, tell your uncle about them. All the hipster kids love them.

DIIV would actually make a great Moz backing band as well.

Mac Demarco is for Moz if he was stoned.

festivals are booked months in advance. the thought that movistar arena had anything do with this show is ridiculous.
he must be smarting from his publishing success lol

No need for the Murder vid, everybody will be able to see it live in the crowd. I think this is the place where they kill the cows and spread them open and bar b que them in mass 50 at a time or it may be Argentiniana.. or one one of those countries where Nazi War Criminals live. Anonymous-

Moz is having a rough year with the novel, people not caring about the "World Peace" tracks at his live shows, and with Johnny Marr never coming back he needs to find someone to recapture his old magic.

He should have a chat with Wild Nothing at Primavera Fauna, they are the most "Smiths" sounding band out there, but still have a freshness about them. They would make great collaborators.

Sam, if you read this board, tell your uncle about them. All the hipster kids love them.

Excellent band, I had never heard of them, thank you so much. I just got it on my phone and vacuumed the upstairs and was dancing around while listening. That is always a great indicator if the album will go on heavy rotation during long workouts.

Ok, I am officially old, as despite fond memories of taking home a Queen is Dead display on the bus.... I do not know or have ever heard of a single artist at this event except Moz.
Sigh,
FWD

DIIV would actually make a great Moz backing band as well.

Mac Demarco is for Moz if he was stoned.

i hate dIIV, not the people just the music. walking on a dream was pretty large here guys and the cardigans are an old band. really no one knows the sleepy jackson which was lukes from empires other less popular band. maybe this is a fest for the l.a crowd i dont know. empires first album hit 15 on the uk chart and there second single hit 14. second album hit 20 in the u.s which is a bit harder to do

Is this list of the lost festival animal friendly ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

All these groups, Rhye, Wild Nothing, and DIIV sound like Wire Train circa 1984 come guys try harder be more original

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom