Cut me some Moz

M

Musician

Just bumped into "Cut me some slack" by Paul McCartney on Spotify. I find it oddly similar to Istanbul. Discuss.

Just bumped into "Cut me some slack" by Paul McCartney on Spotify. I find it oddly similar to Istanbul. Discuss.

never heard it. what parts sounds alike. imagine it to be the lilting part and not the down stroking crunchy part

Yeah, I guess the rhythm. Neither song is the greatest either artist ever did. The McCartney/Nirvana song is literally just both of them resting on their laurels and 'jamming,' which any fan of theirs would lap up. At the bottom of "Istanbul" is a pretty basic Boorer chord progression - which was no doubt what Morrissey asked for. Matt Walker's percussion and Morrissey's lyrics are really the only things that save the song.

Yeah, I guess the rhythm. Neither song is the greatest either artist ever did. The McCartney/Nirvana song is literally just both of them resting on their laurels and 'jamming,' which any fan of theirs would lap up. At the bottom of "Istanbul" is a pretty basic Boorer chord progression - which was no doubt what Morrissey asked for. Matt Walker's percussion and Morrissey's lyrics are really the only things that save the song.

i dont knwo about the mccartney song or what connection it would have to nirvana but i liked the contresting quality of the verse with crunchy part and the contrast myself

Back
Top Bottom