Frankfurt - Neu-Isenburg Hugenottenhalle (Sep. 30, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Speedway / Ganglord / Alma Matters / Kiss Me A Lot / Reader Meet Author / Oboe Concerto / One Of Our Own / People Are The Same Everywhere / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Staircase At The University / Istanbul / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Meat Is Murder / Boxers / What She Said // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Christoph / Konzerttagebuch, link posted by -Christoph-.

Last edited:
Is that the airplane hangar where they kept the Hindenburg in?

Lame crowd, well at least they were "on time". Anonymous-

How was the concert? Anyone here went actually?

I wanted so much to attend one of the gigs in Frankfurt or Collogne, but at the time I found out that I could take time off from work the flights to Germany were too expensive...
Anyway, as a "make-up" I went to see Patti Smith in Lisbon. Just great.

Which begs the question, why do you come here religiously every single day to essentially say the same thing? I mean, your response to everything is entirely predictable so it's not as though it makes people think or that anyone takes you seriously. So what's the point? Surely if you hate Morrissey as much as you pretend to, you're just wasting your life coming here every day? I hate Miley Cyrus, but I don't check in to her fan website every single day to tell everyone that I hate her - I have better things to do with my life. Who else do you hate, Benny, and do you visit their fan websites every day to say so? And if not, why not?

Or are you one of those simpletons who expects us to believe that trolling equals "challenging" Morrissey?

Seriously, I'm curious.

Silly Steven can kiss my arse !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

BECAUSE PEOPLE RESPOND!!!!! Ignore it!!!!!!!!!!

Yes this is the perfect response. I have made this plea myself many times. It is THE ONLY WAY. Please, please, please just ignore this crap.No matter how witty the response / put-down it just fuels his ego. Please from now on - IGNORE IT!

Mozzers' Cat

Suedehead
Speedway
Ganglord
Alma Matters
Kiss Me a Lot
Istanbul
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Oboe Concerto
One of Our Own
The Bullfighter Dies
World Peace Is None of Your Business
People Are the Same Everywhere
Staircase at the University
Everyday Is Like Sunday
I Will See You in Far-Off Places
Boxers
Meat Is Murder
What She Said

The Queen Is Dead

I see our highwayman pulled the gimmick song out of the hat near the end of the performance this evening !
Stand and deliver you Frankfurters.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Maybe it'll make you feel better if you consider Morrissey makes nasty posts every time he's interviewed. He has an opportunity to keep it positive and he rarely does, these "nasty posts" mirror his own behavior in a way, I'm sure he's not terribly broken up about it, it's his state of mind it would seem constantly.

the other one, also around. that was too easy to guess. but maybe the guys will lift the secrets. why do you behave like you do? there are curious People around. now is your stage time

Silly Steven can kiss my arse !

Benny-the-British-Butcher ������

this is cheap. everyone learns in life, that you do care, otherwise you wouldn´t come here everyday in your life. i mean i wish you something nice to do and enjoy. spreading such words so regularly is not healthy

I was there yesterday, 3rd row. It was great to see him again and in good health :love: I really like that there are always some surprising changes in the setlist. This time he didn't play now my heart is full or my dearest love. I loved oboe concerto, a great song and wonderful to hear it live - it started with Gustavo playing a didgeridoo which made an amazing sound! Although I'm really happy that I saw him (it was only my 4th Morrissey concert ever), I got the impression that he was in a bad mood yesterday, not very chatty, no ironic comments. Maybe all those shit comments and reviews about his book have understandably disapointed him and made him feel bad ... by the way I feel sorry for him, he doesn't deserve this.

Last edited:
Benny if you hate morrissey so much, why do you bother? Wants your agenda? I dislike many bands, solo artists, actors, authors etc etc. but I don't feel the need to go on to their website and be spiteful, as I can't see any worth in it. What's the point?

Every reply to his nonsense makes him happy because perhaps he leads an empty life and he thinks he is funny. You can block him so you don't have to see his posts, but you'll also have to block the anonymous posts too because Benny is like a rodent who squeezes in through the tiniest crack. I'm sure he'll make a filthy remark about my last sentence there. But you know I don't get offended by his posts. If you accept that everything he says is hateful then you get used to him. He's not the most abusive entity on this site (sorry Benny!).

I was there yesterday, 3rd row. It was great to see him again and in good health :love: I really like that there are always some surprising changes in the setlist. This time he didn't play now my heart is full or my dearest love. I loved oboe concerto, a great song and wonderful to hear it live - it started with Gustavo playing a didgeridoo which made an amazing sound! Although I'm really happy that I saw him (it was only my 4th Morrissey concert ever), I got the impression that he was in a bad mood yesterday, not very chatty, no ironic comments. Maybe all those shit comments and reviews about his book have understandably disapointed him and made him feel bad ... by the way I feel sorry for him, he doesn't deserve this. It is courageous to write a book and he seems to be too sensitive to deal with all this junk that's written about it now. It's always easier to criticize than to create something. Concerning the concert, this negative mood also spoiled my mood a bit and made me feel so sorry for him. Does anybody know what he sang at the very end of Everyday is like sunday? Was it something like "for the pills"???

Gustavo plays the digeridoo in the beginning of World Peace, not Oboe.

IMAG2887-2.jpg
I don't get it? It was a great gig with "Reader meet author" as a direct answer to the british book reviews. He spoke only a few words, amongst them: "I am bitter, I am very bitter". The setlist was really fine with the exclusion of "Mama" and "Man" altough I am in peace with the new material now.
The crowd was as always. Some (me) celebarting every single track before 2004 others (younger ones) only smiling when they have the chance to hear "Kiss me a lot". People get older and crowd activity in general slowed down during the last 4 concerts I visited. Remember that "Pregnat" video, filmed in the Berlin Metropol, where hundrets of young devotees and Moz impersonators strechted out their hands? That was way back, 24 years ago. Their quiffs have been gone, their bellies have grown - with some extraordinary exceptions.;)
Anyway, me and my friends had a jolly good time and nothing can beat the moment when you recordnize the first chords from "Boxers", a song that meant so much too me. Listening to a boot from the Bristol Beerkellar right now, it is very clear, that Alain Whyte's backing vocals are surely missing in the new version. I have forgotten how prominet they were on the original and early live versions 1995.
"What she said/Rubber Ring" + "The Mom is dead" brought the house down and everyone around me went completely mad.
"People are the same everywhere" was quite good too, for I haven't listen to it for a while.
I stood f.o.s. because this is the only way to see my favorite artist and all in all it was really one of his better concerts in the last years. Heaven knows where he will rank it when he will be slamming down the hammer in his "Top 10 european concerts" list.
Nevertheless, imho he is in very good stage form but surely moody because of the disaster concerning "List of the lost".

If you have time and if you don't mind and if you have a translater.....
http://www.regioactive.de/review/20...ine-souveraene-performance-ab-3dLynR6qsG.html

Last edited:
I don't get it? It was a great gig with "Reader meet author" as a direct answer to the british book reviews.
Except the narrator of Reader Meet Author is critical of the author, not the reader...

At any rate, I'm enjoying the 1995 revival he has going on in his set. Boxers, now this....maybe A Swallow On My Neck will be next. :p

i´ve been to both London Shows and in neu isenburg on this leg of the tour. luckily i haven´t been to brussels, although i wished to go, but the flu... Neu Isenburg is not Frankfurt actually. it´s a small town, just outside of Frankfurt, as i learned yesterday. it was like some Kind of congress Center from the 60ies. somehow cool, although the Sound was bad and loud and echoed even in the 10th row. the venue was right in a Shopping street, a very small Shopping street i have to admit. all in all a nice place with character, but not a good Music venue. it was full, but not too much, so Walking through the rather roundish hall was easily possible from site to site. crowd was somehow reserved while the Songs, but applauded intensly between. so i would say it wasn´t lamed, but a mix between curious and an Age wise respectful Attention. not the madness 10 yrs ago or even before. the Songs were played very powerful, that was a term a friend of mine said directly afterwards who saw them for the first time ever. he didn´t expected that. some very fine surprises in the setlist made it very entertaining even for People who saw him moreoften. i am looking Forward to tonights Show. cologne was always a thrill. go and see him as Long as you can, the man is stronger than ever in his art and attitude.

Except the narrator of Reader Meet Author is critical of the author, not the reader...
At any rate, I'm enjoying the 1995 revival he has going on in his set. Boxers, now this....maybe A Swallow On My Neck will be next. :p
Anyway, it's about books. :) There must be a reason to pull this one out of the hat. He did it last in 2009, I guess. I don't think he will insert that much more nuggets like those 2. Most of the fans under 30 really looked puzzled during "Boxers". But who knows..."Have a-go merchant" would make a fine sing-along. :brows:

crowd was somehow reserved while the Songs, but applauded intensly between. so i would say it wasn´t lamed, but a mix between curious and an Age wise respectful Attention. not the madness 10 yrs ago or even before.
Well written, that's exactly my point of view. In 2006 the promotor tried to fill the Jahrhunderthalle in the same area, which was half empty. The Hugenottenhalle too hasn't got the charme like The Capitol in Offenbach f.e. where he did a really great concert in june 2009. There is talk of between 1.000 and 1.600 people yesterday. I believe, a thousand at most.

Last edited:
This is an interesting response. I never looked at it from this view.

Refreshingly smart, for this site.
What?
To say morrissey says nasty things so it must be okay to say nasty things is insane not smart. Don't use your perception of someone else's behaviour govern your behaviour. Being nasty is nasty you don't need to do it. Follow your own code.

What?
To say morrissey says nasty things so it must be okay to say nasty things is insane not smart. Don't use your perception of someone else's behaviour govern your behaviour. Being nasty is nasty you don't need to do it. Follow your own code.

yes yes

i´ve been to both London Shows and in neu isenburg on this leg of the tour. luckily i haven´t been to brussels, although i wished to go, but the flu... Neu Isenburg is not Frankfurt actually. it´s a small town, just outside of Frankfurt, as i learned yesterday. it was like some Kind of congress Center from the 60ies. somehow cool, although the Sound was bad and loud and echoed even in the 10th row. the venue was right in a Shopping street, a very small Shopping street i have to admit. all in all a nice place with character, but not a good Music venue. it was full, but not too much, so Walking through the rather roundish hall was easily possible from site to site. crowd was somehow reserved while the Songs, but applauded intensly between. so i would say it wasn´t lamed, but a mix between curious and an Age wise respectful Attention. not the madness 10 yrs ago or even before. the Songs were played very powerful, that was a term a friend of mine said directly afterwards who saw them for the first time ever. he didn´t expected that. some very fine surprises in the setlist made it very entertaining even for People who saw him moreoften. i am looking Forward to tonights Show. cologne was always a thrill. go and see him as Long as you can, the man is stronger than ever in his art and attitude.

moz is playing small shopping centers? the venue does look tiny in the posted photographs.
the world peace songs bring out the reserved audiences.

i suspect he will only play non english speaking countries from now on, where portions of the new book cant be hollered at him or the usa where its not been published.

moz is playing small shopping centers? the venue does look tiny in the posted photographs.
the world peace songs bring out the reserved audiences.

i suspect he will only play non english speaking countries from now on, where portions of the new book cant be hollered at him or the usa where its not been published.

No - like many newer concert venues throughout the world, it's contained within a larger shopping/entertainment complex.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom