London, England - Eventim Apollo (Sep. 20, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Yes, I Am Blind / Oboe Concerto / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Meat Is Murder / You'll Be Gone / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by Morran.

• Morrissey, Eventim Apollo, review: 'baffling' by James Lachno (3 of 5 stars) - The Telegraph. Link posted by Morran and Mike.
  • Review by Andy Page - God Is In The TV. Link posted by Bill Cummings.
  • Photo by denim_shoyts / Instagram (...Full set on @thelineofbestfit soon). Link posted by docinwestchester.

london1.jpg

Last edited:
I always think it is a sad person indeed who goes onto a fan site for an artist they don't like, in order to make comments about gigs they didn't attend.

What an excellent use of your time, you genius folk.

I was there and it was fantastic.

I always think it is a sad person indeed who goes onto a fan site for an artist they don't like, in order to make comments about gigs they didn't attend.

What an excellent use of your time, you genius folk.

I was there and it was fantastic.

How true, although it is almost as amusing as it is embarassing.

The place was packed and buzzing, at least in the stalls where, even right at the back, there was barely room to swig a pint. The crowd, at least all those around me, were singing their socks off and thoroughly enjoying themselves. I regret not having bought tickets for tonight. His voice was fab and the band were tight and on it. I've seen him several times and across the lot last night's Speedway was highlight - gob-smacking.

not his best gig.
barely half full venue dormant crowd which came alive when the power went out as it interrupted the beer.

Barely half full? WTF...were you actually there?.
Sunday night was rammed upstairs and downstairs.

It was a really good gig. Thoroughly exhausted and elated this morning.

The Apollo is reminiscent of the Brixton Academy, a similarly suitable venue for our Moz.

The atmosphere was really good, the crowd were all in early and in anticipation of an energetic night, and indeed it was! Beforehand I was talking to a nice guy named Jamie about Mozzer and footie (for what else is there in life?!)

Each song was powerful and well received. Suedehead was a great opener, I really love the new stuff and, as someone else said, Far Off Places was a real highlight. Morrissey made no mention of these being his final UK gigs, although he did invite us back tomorrow to "Part 2 of the Battle of Britain" if we happened to be "cycling by"! Following the power cut he came back on and quipped that it was a conspiracy from Buckingham Palace to silence him! "I'm not joking" he concluded. Earlier, he had also said the he hopes Jeremy Corbyn does not go to Buckingham Palace and kneel/bow to the Queen. Indeed, Morrissey is becoming even more political over time and I think this was reflected in his setlist. The video to Ganglord was shocking and the Meat is Murder video did its job on me several years ago! Good for you Morrissey!

If this is truly to be the last time I get to see Morrissey, I will remember it fondly. It was sad to see him walk off and think that that might be it.

What a brilliant gig.Great to hear him sing "Yes I Am Blind".Got a bit emotional when he sang that one.Did anyone one see the great Phil Jupitus?I saw at the merchandise stall at the end of the gig.

Brilliant gig.Great when he sang "Yes I Am Blind".Got a bit emotional when he sang that one.Did anyone see the great Phil Jupitus?I saw him at the merchandice stall at the end of the show.

What is to be said? We get the announcement of it being 'unlikely' that Morrissey will ever tour the UK again. Then to add to that insult we get the Morrissey Mania video clip with the text "UK record labels remain 'not interested' in signing Morrissey". Yes, we know. You told us only a couple of days ago within your uk-fan-punishing diatribe. Stop whining. You DO NOT need a record label but perhaps your ego does? Morrissey you now have a duty to make tonight's gig quite, quite exceptional for fans.

I hope everyone at tonights' gig has a superb time .... last or not. You all deserve to go out on a high. Demand it! I want to see video clips of at least 4 encores.

While I am here. I want to express my concern about a particularly relentless individual who takes up pages and pages within each post in this Forum. I appreciate that the individual in question clearly has a mental health issue but by referring to, and worse, responding to these posts the individual gains status and notoriety and remains in a state of mental ill-health. I am all for people telling it as it is and to listen to different views about Morrissey from his fans. I do feel very uncomfortable that after such a long time this individual's behaviour has degenerated and that 'fans' think it amusing to goad this person on. Please assist this person by not responding to or reading the posts. Better still let's hope that the person seeks out the medical assistance that is so obviously required. You read about such people in unhappy news stories and I wish no part in that. I can only hope other fans feel similarly.

The person remains anonymous as I do not wish to add further to their unhealthy fixation.

It goes without saying that the very thing I would wish for may be inflamed by my plea but I genuinely felt the need to ask fans not to indulge. Disrespect me if you must.

What a brilliant gig.Great to hear him sing "Yes I Am Blind".Got a bit emotional when he sang that one.Did anyone one see the great Phil Jupitus?I saw at the merchandise stall at the end of the gig.

Yes, I too spotted Phill Jupitus on the zebra crossing outside. He was wearing a rather loud Max Miller style three piece suit and sported a healthy moustache.

benny you are a boring kunt
why do you spend so much time commenting on some one you don't like
i'll butcher you, you prick
never seen so much shite spouted by one dickhead

Brilliant gig.Great when he sang "Yes I Am Blind".Got a bit emotional when he sang that one.Did anyone see the great Phil Jupitus?I saw him at the merchandice stall at the end of the show.

He was at Salford Lads Club earlier in the day!

It was a great gig, not my favourite but that was because of the crowd and venue, not Morrissey. Why do English 'fans' act like they're at a football match instead of a gig? I say 'fans' because they don't even seem to know a lot of the songs. They stand with their arms folded as if they'd been made to go, I thought they must be waiting for Smiths tunes (silly when it's not a Smiths gigs) but even then they didn't really move. £65 is a lot for a ticket, you'd think people would be into it. But hopefully they were in their own way... Highlights were Crashing Bores, Alma Matters, Far-Off Places. Also amazing were Sunday, World Peace, Paris, What She Said. Not many people clapped Meat is Murder, another thing that only happens at the English gigs. The English need to start evolving and catch up with the rest of the UK and Europe. I heard someone on the tube say 'All those images animal cruelty have made me fancy a McDonalds' - HAHAHA his friends thought it was hillarious. So English. The venue is lovely to look at, but the problem for me was that the stage is very low and I reckon 50% of people there couldn't even see Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom