'The Kid's a Looker' et al

rich_pip

Could someone tell me (I'm sure you can) if 'The Kid's a Looker', 'Action is My Middle Name', and 'People are the Same Everywhere' are available in physical form anywhere? I was really excited when I heard them played live, and around and about Youtube, and thought they were going to be on 'World Peace...', and was a little gutted when they weren't included.

Re: 'The Kid's a Looker' et al.

Could someone tell me (I'm sure you can) if 'The Kid's a Looker', 'Action is My Middle Name', and 'People are the Same Everywhere' are available in physical form anywhere? I was really excited when I heard them played live, and around and about Youtube, and thought they were going to be on 'World Peace...', and was a little gutted when they weren't included.

They're a bonus feature on the DVD 25Live

I do not think so

PATSE was on the b-side of the Last of the Famous... re-issue 7" and Action was on the CD. Ebay is the place to look, although I don't think you will get them at a bargain price. The Kid's a Looker has never had a physical release (other than on the live DVD), but you can get it as a download.

A physical copy of PATSE 'exists nowhere' :eek:

The problem with the official release of "People are the Same Everywhere" as a 7" b-side is that it's the absolute worst recording of that song. From a BBC radio session - the very first time the band every played it in public. It sounds hollow and not fully baked. Now, keep in mind it's a fairly poor song to begin with, but it did improve over time somewhat in later performances. The version they did at the Nobel Peace Prize event was probably the best it's ever sounded.

I don't disagree with that, but even when performed at it's best, 'People Are the Same Everywhere' is one of the most bland and uninspired songs Morrissey has ever come up with, so I really don't see that it would be worth anyone's effort to re-record and put out again. A song best forgotten, I feel.

I don't disagree with that, but even when performed at it's best, 'People Are the Same Everywhere' is one of the most bland and uninspired songs Morrissey has ever come up with, so I really don't see that it would be worth anyone's effort to re-record and put out again. A song best forgotten, I feel.

agreed

I certainly wasn't suggesting anything to the contrary. Though I do bet he'll play it at least a couple times during the upcoming run of shows.

Back
Top Bottom