What new cover song would you like Moz to perform next?

A

Anonymous

Well, we've had a couple of new cover songs on the US tour, so - what are people's nominations for what they would like to hear added to the setlist next, maybe as a one-off?

I'd quite like to hear him do something very out of character, just to hear how it sounds. Maybe he could do Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' as a Halloween one-off?

I don't think I would like that as much. His character and style are what I love. That said I would love to him cover Sam Cooke's get yourself another fool cliff Richards summer holiday or Dylan's baby blue

I'd be A-OK with him continuing his country western kick. I'd love to hear his take on Patsy Cline's "I Fall to Pieces" or "Crazy," "Stand By Your Man" by Tammy Wynette, "Don't Fence Me In" and maybe "Cowboys Are Frequently, Secretly Fond of Each Other" for a bit of cheek.

I'd be A-OK with him continuing his country western kick. I'd love to hear his take on Patsy Cline's "I Fall to Pieces" or "Crazy," "Stand By Your Man" by Tammy Wynette, "Don't Fence Me In" and maybe "Cowboys Are Frequently, Secretly Fond of Each Other" for a bit of cheek.

me too because country just has so much history and facets to it. its probably a little to on the mark but id like to hear him do a slightly humorous take of these boots are made for walkin or walkin after midnight

"Crazy" would be a good one. "Born To Love You." I think "Sad Songs And Waltzes" would be perfect in light of his perpetual record company ills. And recurring band member ills, for that matter. It has just the right amounts of resignation, self-deprecation and desire for revenge.

I'm writing a song all about you
A true song as real as my tears
But you've no need to fear it
'Cause no one will hear it
'Cause sad songs and waltzes
Aren't selling this year

I'll tell all about how you cheated
I'd like to the whole world to hear
I'd like to get even with you
'Cause you're leavin'
And songs and waltzes
Aren't selling this year

It's a good thing that I'm not a star
You don't know how lucky you are
Though my record may say it
No one will play it
Aren't selling this year

Well it's a good thing that I'm not a star
You don't know how lucky you are
Though my record may say it
No one will play it
Aren't selling this year

Elvis Presley's a fool such as i. The smiths covered this song but it was never released, so it would be nice to hear it :)

Only The Lonely - Orbison.

Dwight Yoakam "Fast As You" or "Ain't That Lonely Yet" would be perfect for him, since they're kind of rockabilly.

didnt click cause its a blink link but itd probably be out of his vocal range. davids got like three octaves doesnt he

'I'm Too Sexy' by Right Said Fred. Moz would kill it and it would be the right song to sing when he whips off his shirt.

I love Patsy Cline and was just thinking last night that I'd love to hear his version of Walkin' After Midnight. It's one of my favorites. I'd also like to hear him sing Cash's Ring of Fire. I'm not a fan of country music, but like with anything , there are exceptions.

Well, we've had a couple of new cover songs on the US tour, so - what are people's nominations for what they would like to hear added to the setlist next, maybe as a one-off?

I'd quite like to hear him do something very out of character, just to hear how it sounds. Maybe he could do Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' as a Halloween one-off?

Only if he and the band do the dance. Now, THAT would be a scream!! :lbf:

currently thinking of which weezer song id like to see him cover thats not pink triangle

currently thinking of which weezer song id like to see him cover thats not pink triangle

i think at the end of this day its gonna be weezers slave but with one acoustic guitar keeping the lead electric. really reverb the hell out of acoustic while keeping that olead claer and sharp. lyrics would be nice and i can see him crooning this one. half the tempo

the words:

"Love barely alive in your arms, slave
Dreams taken too far every night, slave

Who put on your heart?
Who put on your heart?
Who put on your heart?
'Cause I can't change, no

When you're on your own
You can see things
Clear, clear as a bell
And you're free, slave

Who put on your heart?