Visalia, CA - Visalia Fox Theatre (Aug. 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Speedway / Ganglord / Alma Matters / Istanbul / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Oboe Concerto / Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way / Kiss Me A Lot / Staircase At The University / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / People Are The Same Everywhere / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said // Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by Daniel B

Last edited:
That's a crap Waylon Jenning's song covered direly. To think he could have slotted in 'Well I Wonder' or 'This night has opened my eyes' in that three minutes or so. That was pure sludge moving slowly downhill with people whooping all the way.

I wonder about that cover, Lloyd Cole throws a Waylon Jennings cover in his set. I'm pretty sure Moz would love Cash, Hank Williams etc.

Marr hates C&W, just like he dismissed punk and electro pop.

maybe he can slot bob wills is still the king next gig/or better yet, love of the common people. that last one will throw the cult for a loop.

Can someone explain to me what Trinity's problem is? She was in the front the entire show picking fights for no reason. She would just stand there giving people the finger as if they were there to watch her not Morrissey. Or she would start physically pushing and shoving for no reason. Pathetic.

maybe he can slot bob wills is still the king next gig/or better yet, love of the common people. that last one will throw the cult for a loop.

He did play the Bob Wills theater in '06 so I'm assuming he would play a Wills tribute song, best part about him covering these country songs is all the whining by the people here. "whaaa he played a cover of a type of music I don't like, whaaa!"

dunno if it's me, but it's worst cover song he ever did, clicked away after a minute and some seconds.

indeed He could've chosen a better one

'and they say he's mentall'... would've like to hear Him sing Elvis Presley's 'Marie's the name of his latest flame' in whole,
so many other choices, even YMCA would be great compared to this...

I was there, couldn't disagree with you more, loved the cover~

Ganglord is becoming a great staple of his set. He really needs to drop Meat Murder, at least the vid. Any casual Morrissey fan gets it by now. I am done with Morrissey till he comes round my way in another 24 months unless I make the trip to Ply Mouth with some other good looking Americans with teeth and re-enact the sailing of the Mayflower. Anonymous-

I remain unconvinced you are an American.

--------------------------------

Elvis Costello did a decent country album, but had the advantage of George Jones's expertise. As all those old country greats are up in Boot Hill now, perhaps Garth Brooks will produce it if Morrissey really is looking for a change. He isn't though, is he? He really isn't.

If he had the material he once had there would be no poring over old Waylon Jennings song lyrics to divine a meaning which almost certainly isn't there. The two best Morrissey albums of recent years were James's La Petite Mort and Martin Rossiter's The Defenestration of Saint Martin. Even if Morrissey was still capable of a lyric as poignant as Three Points On A Compass, for example, his current collaborators are certainly unlikely to be able produce a melody to do it justice.

For the fun of it I'm looking at the nearly eighty old country songs I have on my phone and it's hard to see how any of those could be adapted for Morrissey without career ending hilarity ensuing. Big Iron would get the east enders chuckling, Harper Valley PTA? By The Time I Get To Fleetwood? A Morrissey country album sounds fun initially, but country is about as far from Morrissey's roots as, well, flamenco. He might have better luck with an album in the style of Kevin Rowland's My Beauty, a superb album rather let down by an ill-advised concept.

If I was still a Morrissey fan I'd be more concerned at the lack of any new original material. You might have thought at least one new song might have found its way into the set list.

There is probably no reason to overthink any possible explanation for this. Either his new songs are so wonderful he doesn't want to unveil them just yet or he has nothing except a few ditties not deemed good enough for World Peace. Imagine that.

I was there, couldn't disagree with you more, loved the cover~

Morrissey concerts are far too short to allow time for cover versions. The Cure play for 4 hours and play their own songs. When I buy a Moz ticket and take a day off work and drive 220 miles and queue in the rain it is not to hear his version of another song.

OK, I'll admit it. I own a New York Yankees Baseball cap and a hoody that says "Planet Hollywood-Orlando" on the front.

My favorite kickball team is West Manchester City United Ham and my favorite kickball player was James Best aka (Roscoe P. Coltrane) before he past away. Anonymous-

Can someone explain to me what Trinity's problem is? She was in the front the entire show picking fights for no reason. She would just stand there giving people the finger as if they were there to watch her not Morrissey. Or she would start physically pushing and shoving for no reason. Pathetic.

I was decently close to her during the show. but luckily not one of the poor people next to or behind her. Not sure what her problem was, but she needed to be removed early in the set before she could ruin the show for everyone around her.

Sounds dreadful if you ask me.

Sounds like a band that when they profess to love the stage, and the act of making live music, actually mean it.
Lip service only goes so far, and a perpetual scowl speaks even louder.

Morrissey only appears to enjoy himself in brief flashes anymore. I remember a time when it was fun to take the uninitiated to a Morrissey show, and have them come away shocked that he could smile and joke so much onstage despite his reputation for being a miserable bastard.

So you only enjoy playing live when you are on stage for about 4 hours? Okay, then hardly any artist I know enjoys playing live. It's always the same discussion. There were times when Moz didn't joke on stage because he didn't talk at all. Can't remember that people complained about that back then. There were times when Moz played 15 songs per show. Imagine he would do that now.

I'm sure (sorry if I'm wrong) Trinity is the girl who dresses like a child from the 90s with longish brown hair and quite a deep voice. She went off at my niece after a Morrissey show, we had no idea what she thought had happened but was just shouting and screaming at her which she found more than a little intimidating and upsetting (she's only a young teen). Her friends were trying to calm her but in the end just told us to walk away. Ruined the entire evening for us all and this was my nieces first ever concert!
Is she Morrisseys photographer?

I don't know Trinity, but I ran into some bitches at the Moz show I went to, also. It's counterintuitive that a-holes would like Moz, but I guess a-holes are everywhere and you must expect them to be at any place you may go to.

All this talk about country singers reminds me of one time when I went to a Hank III show at the Casbah (I wasn't a fan, I was just hanging out there.) I went up near the stage before the show started and a dude in a wheelchair rolled up and started yelling at me that I was taking his spot and I was like, I don't see your name here. He thought I should bow down to him because he was disabled. Ha!

I was decently close to her during the show. but luckily not one of the poor people next to or behind her. Not sure what her problem was, but she needed to be removed early in the set before she could ruin the show for everyone around her.

I suspect Moz & Boz were getting their beauty sleep. We're not all night-owls like you, your buddies, and the rest of the Moz band. :p

I realized Moz isn't going to the PETA gala because he will be in Frankfurt, so no wonder he didn't ask a hot date. :p

No indication that Moz/Boz stayed there too, but no reason to doubt it either. We didn't follow the van. My friends were staying at the hotel and I drove them back after the show and we chatted in front for a couple of hours. The band happened to show up some time around midnight.

I remain unconvinced you are an American.

--------------------------------

Elvis Costello did a decent country album, but had the advantage of George Jones's expertise. As all those old country greats are up in Boot Hill now, perhaps Garth Brooks will produce it if Morrissey really is looking for a change. He isn't though, is he? He really isn't.

If he had the material he once had there would be no poring over old Waylon Jennings song lyrics to divine a meaning which almost certainly isn't there. The two best Morrissey albums of recent years were James's La Petite Mort and Martin Rossiter's The Defenestration of Saint Martin. Even if Morrissey was still capable of a lyric as poignant as Three Points On A Compass, for example, his current collaborators are certainly unlikely to be able produce a melody to do it justice.

For the fun of it I'm looking at the nearly eighty old country songs I have on my phone and it's hard to see how any of those could be adapted for Morrissey without career ending hilarity ensuing. Big Iron would get the east enders chuckling, Harper Valley PTA? By The Time I Get To Fleetwood? A Morrissey country album sounds fun initially, but country is about as far from Morrissey's roots as, well, flamenco. He might have better luck with an album in the style of Kevin Rowland's My Beauty, a superb album rather let down by an ill-advised concept.

If I was still a Morrissey fan I'd be more concerned at the lack of any new original material. You might have thought at least one new song might have found its way into the set list.

There is probably no reason to overthink any possible explanation for this. Either his new songs are so wonderful he doesn't want to unveil them just yet or he has nothing except a few ditties not deemed good enough for World Peace. Imagine that.

Let's face it Steven doesn't live a lifestyle that gives him anything to be creative with anymore, things have been this way for a long time now. He made his way and enjoys living a life of Royalty/luxury, which is fair enough apart from the fact that he seems to think he can have the best of both worlds, it doesn't work like that in the real world even on paper it's a no brainer.
Steven likes to talk the bullshit talk and come across to the yoof dat he's up der hands on saving animals all around the world !
BULLSHIT ! He's used this gimmick about animals with great effect over his career. He's never done 4ck all hands on at the coal face as far as animal projects go, why would he ? He's far to busy creating the dirtiest global footprint in the world performing the same old shit hits of yesteryear with some recent shitter than shit tit floppers whilst flogging various t-shirt hard man imagery tat and trash. This week Prince Harry has made Silly Steven look a right stupid twunt ! That's right Prince Harry has been out in Africa raising awareness and looking after ' Der Animuls innit '. And what does Silly lad do exactly ? Oh yes P E T A tell him now and then about some form of animal cruelty that goes on in the countries he performs the same old shit hits and tit floppers from world peace so he can release statements via TTY so he comes across all animal super hero ! If animals had brains they would hate him for all the money he has robbed of their backsides.
When has anyone actually seen any evidence of this crank doing anything concrete for animals ? Oh yes he can donate money but that's so easy you can do it from your bed these days.
He talks bollocks about the planet, animals, music, The Smiths, Royalty (that's rich as well), the United KingDum,British Falkland Islands, Edd Shearon/Sam Smith, Beckham's, Cheese, Cancer etc etc etc !

He'd love to go back to the old days but we cannot cling to those dreams anymore, his Royalties bought him luxuries and his greed and luxuries KILLED HIM !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Is she Morrisseys photographer?

Trinity is just one of the regulars who gets walk-ins to each show. Sometimes she's friendly, and sometimes she's like super aggressive. Over the last five years she's probably been to more shows than anyone bar Julia - ie she's been every single show, in every country (as far as I am aware). The tour is her entire life, and what she spends all her time and money on. So, I guess for anyone like that, you have to be aware that they are not quite right in the head, and don't expect them to act 'normal'. Her getting into fights with random people at shows is a pretty regular event. Oh yeah, she's also wasted most of the time. I like her deep voice though. If she speaks really loudly she can make the ground vibrate, and the tingles kinda turn me on, you dig?

I wonder about that cover, Lloyd Cole throws a Waylon Jennings cover in his set. I'm pretty sure Moz would love Cash, Hank Williams etc.

Marr hates C&W, just like he dismissed punk and electro pop.

I, too, can see Morrissey digging, Cash, Hank, etc. His beloved nephew is Roseanne Cash's son-in-law, which may have very well been the impetus for all this old school country lovin'.

I hope an LP of C&W covers comes to fruition. If Moz takes advantage of his Cash family connections (particularly Rodney Crowell), the navigation will sail smoothly.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom