Visalia, CA - Visalia Fox Theatre (Aug. 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Speedway / Ganglord / Alma Matters / Istanbul / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Oboe Concerto / Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way / Kiss Me A Lot / Staircase At The University / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / People Are The Same Everywhere / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said // Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by Daniel B

Last edited:
Morrissey letting her in his shows for free is disappointing because the experience that we had and clearly others have had is ruining it for others. We looked forward to that night for a long time and left feeling unhappy. Turns you on? She sounds like beavis or butthead, I forget which. Oh well, I suppose Morrissey doesn't know what goes out there.

Let it be known !

Crank done is Silly Steven trying to be clever with me via the stage !

I know it's over !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trinity is just one of the regulars who gets walk-ins to each show. Sometimes she's friendly, and sometimes she's like super aggressive. Over the last five years she's probably been to more shows than anyone bar Julia - ie she's been every single show, in every country (as far as I am aware). The tour is her entire life, and what she spends all her time and money on. So, I guess for anyone like that, you have to be aware that they are not quite right in the head, and don't expect them to act 'normal'. Her getting into fights with random people at shows is a pretty regular event. Oh yeah, she's also wasted most of the time. I like her deep voice though. If she speaks really loudly she can make the ground vibrate, and the tingles kinda turn me on, you dig?

I can't even bear reading about both those people in the same paragraph. Julia is one of the nicest people I have ever met, the only knock against her was pushing through to the front in the 90s before she got her special status, but she is tiny so really even that wasn't bad. Trinity ruins shows for people, people who may only be going to a few shows or one Moz show a tour or one show a decade, she is rude and out of control.

I never really understood how the Julias and Trinitys of these concerts don't get bored out of their skulls going to the same damn show night after night. I follow a few bands with "passion" and when they're within a tank-of-gas driving radius of my house or in a town with friends I can visit far away, I'll catch a few shows in a row...but four MAX. You get burnt out, especially with Moz when you can tell his scat and riffing is pretty calculated and by the numbers and can start to see the pattern, it takes away the spontaniety and mystery of the music and musicians. That's just me though.

Also it seems like a waste of money. Maybe they feel like they're part of the band or something? Like they need to belong to a bigger entity, like they feel like they're responsible for the music or something? :squiffy: I dunno.

I agree. I have met Julia 3 times and she is super nice and seems genuinely ecstatic to have just seen the show and although she didn't talk too much was very smiley and really happy to hear us talk about how much we enjoyed the show too. I've not spoken to Trinity but saw her being very aggressive towards a younger female in the hour leading up to a show and the same night at a bar drunkenly stating she wishes to watch the "demise" of others on this list that get walked in until it is just her and Julia left. So whoever said that someone who spends all their time and money on going to see Morrissey is unhinged is correct.

I never really understood how the Julias and Trinitys of these concerts don't get bored out of their skulls going to the same damn show night after night. I follow a few bands with "passion" and when they're within a tank-of-gas driving radius of my house or in a town with friends I can visit far away, I'll catch a few shows in a row...but four MAX. You get burnt out, especially with Moz when you can tell his scat and riffing is pretty calculated and by the numbers and can start to see the pattern, it takes away the spontaniety and mystery of the music and musicians. That's just me though.

Also it seems like a waste of money. Maybe they feel like they're part of the band or something? Like they need to belong to a bigger entity, like they feel like they're responsible for the music or something? :squiffy: I dunno.

They are referenced in the song Frankly Mr Shankly ! Silly Steven likes to make Christmas cards with them.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Do you ever read a glowing Yelp review of a business and think it reeks of shameless fake self promotion? Some of these anonymous insider stories about the crazy barrier people with their digs and praise remind me of that. :p

Me neither. Back in the late 90s I tried jumping on the bandwagon of seeing multiple Moz shows and I got burnt out real fast. Plus, I can't afford that kind of thing. It's much more convenient having the recorded songs to hear whenever I want, reading his statements & books in the comfort of my home, and when he comes to town I like the challenge of winning tickets, then when I see him again it's much more refreshing. :)

#NoOverdose

This is the motivation for a lot of stuff
Why are there a quarter of a billion tickets sold to sporting events every year?

Yeah but every game is different. The ball does different things and the players have to respond in infinitely incalculable ways to the ball. With the exception of minor setlist changes, the songs are identical night after night. It's not like Boz is stepping up and shredding out a ten minute solo every other night that nobody saw coming. Even Matt kicking down the drums is calculated aggression, it's a very staged show. Which is perfect to see a couple times or once for most people, but 30 times? Without getting paid to be there like the sound and light guys? Nuts.

Being raised by deadheads I idea of following a band is like breathing for me

I was decently close to her during the show. but luckily not one of the poor people next to or behind her. Not sure what her problem was, but she needed to be removed early in the set before she could ruin the show for everyone around her.

Was this the woman near the left side of the stage who got in a fight practically 5 seconds into the first song? If so I had 2-3 of her beers spilled all over me and practically jumped a young girl during the encore.

Oh well, I suppose Morrissey doesn't know what goes out there.
All he sees is someone following him around the world like an adoring puppy, he's not going to be bothered about the ins and outs of what goes on outside of his 90 minutes on stage. Also she has a very 'close' relationship (if you get my meaning) with at least one of the crew members, so that generally gets her a free pass out of any drunken mayhem she causes at shows. It's all about who you know, folks.

I went up near the stage before the show started and a dude in a wheelchair rolled up and started yelling at me that I was taking his spot and I was like, I don't see your name here. He thought I should bow down to him because he was disabled. Ha!

Nice one. I hope you kicked him in the nuts and let his tyres down whilst you were at it.

All he sees is someone following him around the world like an adoring puppy, he's not going to be bothered about the ins and outs of what goes on outside of his 90 minutes on stage. Also she has a very 'close' relationship (if you get my meaning) with at least one of the crew members, so that generally gets her a free pass out of any drunken mayhem she causes at shows. It's all about who you know, folks.
I thought he might be bothered if she is upsetting his fans here, there and everywhere and spoiling like someone else said what could be a persons only chance to see him. Knowing himself how it can be difficult being a sensitive person having someone shouting in your face or physically pushing you around is bad enough for most but for some really hard to deal with. I've not much more to say on this, I prefer to believe he doesn't know rather than doesn't care.

I have met Julia 3 times and she is super nice and seems genuinely ecstatic to have just seen the show and although she didn't talk too much was very smiley and really happy to hear us talk about how much we enjoyed the show too. I've not spoken to Trinity but saw her being very aggressive towards a younger female in the hour leading up to a show and the same night at a bar drunkenly stating she wishes to watch the "demise" of others on this list that get walked in until it is just her and Julia left.

Maybe it's a competitive thing? Eventually, Morrissey will die, and then Julia and Trinity will both sit by his grave at Hollywood Forever, al day every day, each clutching the headstone. Eventually, after about 15 years, one of them will get tired, or sick, and have to leave and re-join 'the real world'. Whoever is left will finally win, and be crowned 'The Ultimate Morrissey Junkie', and their life will finally be complete.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom