Visalia, CA - Visalia Fox Theatre (Aug. 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Speedway / Ganglord / Alma Matters / Istanbul / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Oboe Concerto / Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way / Kiss Me A Lot / Staircase At The University / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / People Are The Same Everywhere / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said // Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by Daniel B

Last edited:
He really should do a country covers album. It could get perverse - and entertaining - fast

Any videos of oboe concerto surfaced yet? That Periscope link says the video wasn't archived

I heard a rumour that Morrissey had done a country song covers album which I dismissed out of hand but now given the covers of Rose Garden and Are You Sure...I am beginning to wonder if my source had it right

30 seconds of Oboe Concerto:

30 seconds of Are You Sure:

- - - Updated - - -

Near complete Oboe Concerto (audio only). Boz is wailing that clarinet!
'

Last edited by a moderator:
Blykey talk about over kill. Visalia- farming city in the middle of California, so do a country song. Is this really necessary? He needs to downsize. Brennan in Research and Development at Morrissey Marketing HQ in Malibu needs to be laid off. Oboe Concerto sounded better at the sound check in San Diego first show.

These V neck "slimming" shirts need to go in to the Morrissey hall of fame in "Manc" so all those Smiths tour people that Morrissey stated are wasting their money can see the shirts. I think they have surpassed the shiny gold shirt of the early 90's.

I thought he was going to debut "Yo kiero Kerry Gold y Dubliner", but I guess he is saving that for Ply Mouth. That should go over real well there. Anonymous-

Blykey talk about over kill. Visalia- farming city in the middle of California, so do a country song. Is this really necessary? He needs to downsize. Brennan in Research and Development at Morrissey Marketing HQ in Malibu needs to be laid off. Oboe Concerto sounded better at the sound check in San Diego first show.

These V neck "slimming" shirts need to go in to the Morrissey hall of fame in "Manc" so all those Smiths tour people that Morrissey stated are wasting their money can see the shirts. I think they have surpassed the shiny gold shirt of the early 90's.

I thought he was going to debut "Yo kiero Kerry Gold y Dubliner", but I guess he is saving that for Ply Mouth. That should go over real well there. Anonymous-

Not a fan of the V shirts, Morrissey is a very good looking man and could stop a truck in a suit , but, he hasn't canceled since the V shirts arrived so I am being superstitious and maybe so is he?

That link still works. You have to open it using either Firefox, Chrome or Safari. Periscope links don't work with Internet Explorer.

I tried it in Chrome originally, but it still won't work for me in Chrome, just says it's unavailable for viewing. Got it to work on my phone though.

you cant downsize from a tiny 1200 seat venue, unless he puts the band on bread and water rations.

pretty soon the cult will be crowing about moz selling out a tour of 40 seaters. never has moz sold out so many venues.
a closet with two people is sold out. lol

Apologies to those who read this in its own thread a few days ago, but I thought I would repost in the context of this conversation since He actually played "Are You Sure Hank Done It this Way" this time:

Band gives clue as to why The Smiths were dropped from 8/21 San Diego set list

Two friends and I were chatting in front of the Hotel del Coronado after the 8/21 San Diego show when we were surprised to see the band drive up in a black Mercedes Sprinter van. Matt, Gustavo, Mando, and Jesse got out along with a crew member or two (no Moz, no Boz). We thanked them for a great show and they were very kind and appreciative. We asked why Meat Is Murder wasn't played and the crew member added "...and no Smiths!", to which Matt smiled and replied "the clue is in the set list". Well, the set list as posted on www.setlist.fm includes the title Are You Sure Hank is combined with Everyday Is Like Sunday. Here are the opening lyrics to Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way by Waylon Jennings:

Lord it's the same old tune, fiddle and guitar
Where do we take it from here?
Rhinestone suits and new shiny cars
It's been the same way for years
We need to change

Fun anecdote for us so we thought we'd share. Hope you enjoyed the show and are doing well.

Check out Alma Mozzers on Facebook.

Glad he finally played 'Homo Concerto', but a bit bummed that after a single gig without them, he's immediately run back to the nostalgic safety net of doing Smith's cover songs.

Just listened to the Waylon Jennings song and the lyrics, of all the songs why this one? touring must be tough but hope he doesn't relate to lyrics

The country covers are certainly interesting. I wonder if this indicates a potential new musical direction? It's one of those genres he's never really dabbled in. Used To Be A Sweet Boy has a slight country tinge I suppose, but I'm struggling to think of any others.

The country covers are certainly interesting. I wonder if this indicates a potential new musical direction? It's one of those genres he's never really dabbled in. Used To Be A Sweet Boy has a slight country tinge I suppose, but I'm struggling to think of any others.
Certain People I Know.

yeah i could easily see that. its where masculine men used to wear shiny jackets and cried on stage though this was before outlaw country got popular. take this cshow of conway twitty from the family guy clip. they all have matching suits and the elvis rockabilly quiff and sings ballads like i see the want to in your eyes. that title alone could easily be a morrissey song title. i think his love of country ballads probably started with elvis

sorry in typical distracted fashion i forgot the link. like i sadi though he could easily do an elvis style country album. to many people think of bluegrass and putlaw when they think of country music. i could easily see him do some johnny cash style songs as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2aeRg_yMSE

Well well well !
If you don't believe me now will you ever believe me ?
Hank was one of many song covers put forward for Kerrygold but never made the final track listing. Look out Plymouth he's got one for you by The Worzel's about a combine harvester.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Certain People I Know.

yup, gonna say the same. i mean rockabilly is the mixing of country and rock so im guess he for sure does have an interest in country to some extent and like its been said before elvis whom he loved for sure had perhaps a slight interest in country music. like i said in the previous post im sure he loved the country ballads with all the manly men crying there eyes out. isnt that whats been given as a reason for his mexican fan base

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom