Band gives clue as to why The Smiths were dropped from 8/21 San Diego set list

quenovelles

Two friends and I were chatting in front of the Hotel del Coronado after the 8/21 San Diego show when we were surprised to see the band drive up in a black Mercedes Sprinter van. Matt, Gustavo, Mando, and Jesse got out along with a crew member or two (no Moz, no Boz). We thanked them for a great show and they were very kind and appreciative. We asked why Meat Is Murder wasn't played and the crew member added "...and no Smiths!", to which Matt smiled and replied "the clue is in the set list". Well, I'm attaching the set list as posted on www.setlist.fm and you'll notice the title Are You Sure Hank is combined with Everyday Is Like Sunday. Here are the opening lyrics to Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way by Waylon Jennings:

Lord it's the same old tune, fiddle and guitar
Where do we take it from here?
Rhinestone suits and new shiny cars
It's been the same way for years
We need to change

Fun anecdote for us so we thought we'd share. Hope you enjoyed the show and are doing well!

Check out Alma Mozzers on Facebook!

Set List 8.21.15.JPGMercedes Sprinter Van.JPG

Two friends and I were chatting in front of the Hotel del Coronado after the 8/21 San Diego show when we were surprised to see the band drive up in a black Mercedes Sprinter van. Matt, Gustavo, Mando, and Jesse got out along with a crew member or two (no Moz, no Boz). We thanked them for a great show and they were very kind and appreciative. We asked why Meat Is Murder wasn't played and the crew member added "...and no Smiths!", to which Matt smiled and replied "the clue is in the set list". Well, I'm attaching the set list as posted on www.setlist.fm and you'll notice the title Are You Sure Hank is combined with Everyday Is Like Sunday. Here are the opening lyrics to Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way by Waylon Jennings:

Lord it's the same old tune, fiddle and guitar
Where do we take it from here?
Rhinestone suits and new shiny cars
It's been the same way for years
We need to change

Fun anecdote for us so we thought we'd share. Hope you enjoyed the show and are doing well!

Check out Alma Mozzers on Facebook!

View attachment 34484View attachment 34485

Interesting. If it's change he's after, I think we can all name about 20 songs from 1988-1997 that we'd like to see brought back into the live mix.

If he decides to really spice things up, Visalia might have potential to be the best show hes ever done

Tags
matt walker meat is murder san diego
Back
Top Bottom