TTY: Morrissey's novel "List of the Lost" out in September

Morrissey's novel - true-to-you.net
22 August 2015

Morrissey's first novel, List of the Lost, will be published by Penguin Books (UK) at the end of September. The book will be issued in softcover/paperback as a New Fiction title, and comes almost two years after Morrissey's very successful Autobiography publication of October 2013.
Penguin Books will confirm an on sale date within this coming week. List of the Lost will be available in the UK, Ireland, Australia, India, New Zealand and South Africa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: TTY: Morrissey's novel ”List of the Lost” out in September

Softcover first and the hardback to follow six months later so he can rape/fleece the cult idiots who have to buy both. Gotta hand it to him he knows how to milk that cash cow cult lot doesn't he. Let's hope it's printed on re-cycled paper and planet friendly

F Y F Festival is NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY just like Silly Steven.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Cool. Hmmm - I wonder if it's about the adventures of the lost souls who generally make up 'the list' in the queue before each Morrissey show? ;)

Spoiler alert: It's about a band whose members disappear without explanation, only to be replaced without fanfare by new members. The one character to remain throughout the story is "Baz". I'm seriously looking forward to this!

This is huge. Jesus Christ... Wonderful, wonderful news.

Well that was rather unexpected.

India and South Africa, but not Sweden or the US. Interesting.

Wonderful news. I never thought we would get the novel that quickly. I just hope the reception won't be too bad since Moz has this problem with his mood and spirits. Bet Damon encouraged him with that one as well.

Spoiler alert: It's about a band whose members disappear without explanation, only to be replaced without fanfare by new members. The one character to remain throughout the story is "Baz". I'm seriously looking forward to this!

Baz is addicted to meat pies and in turn the author is addicted to Kerrygold Dubliner cheese once they discover each other's guilty secrets they make a pact to plough on and embark on a world adventure tirelessly performing the same songs over and over again to a cult audiance whilst sampling various pies and cheeses the world has to offer. But things take a dramatic twist when the rider list gets lost only to be printed on the worldwide internet for all the cult followers to see for themselves ! Kerrygold Dubliner cheese !
Can Moz and Baz face the cult and dupe them one more time ?

I think it's just the territories that Penguin normally covers. There will probably be a separate North American release and most English language books in Swedish bookshops are imports anyway.

I am looking forward to this, but I hope this time he has put his ego to one side and allowed an editor to go through the text before publication. There were a few embarrassing goofs in 'Autobiography' that any half-decent editor would have corrected.

Will it be published under the name Morrissey or Steven Patrick Morrissey? We will see ...

The publishing world operates in another time. Rights are often sold as "UK & Commonwealth" which could be the case here. Suspect other territories will be sold separately.

I think it's just the territories that Penguin normally covers. There will probably be a separate North American release and most English language books in Swedish bookshops are imports anyway.

Yeah, you're right.

It will hardly be published under his full name, since he doesn't care for that name.

Will there be another book signing, I wonder.

It will hardly be published under his full name, since he doesn't care for that name.

Well, he apparently cares enough for that name to have it on his gravestone ;)

Yeah, you're right.

Will there be another book signing, I wonder.

I hope so then I can tell him it's because of him I have children.

Softcover first and the hardback to follow six months later so he can rape/fleece the cult idiots who have to buy both. Gotta hand it to him he knows how to milk that cash cow cult lot doesn't he. Let's hope it's printed on re-cycled paper and planet friendly

F Y F Festival is NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY just like Silly Steven.

Quite the reverse. Usually the hardback comes out first, which is more expensive. He's allowing those who can't wait to have access to the cheaper paperback version straight away.

Why am I giving you the time of day?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom