A tour song request - we can but dream

Fiona

Love Morrissey ♥
For those of you who will be attending any upcoming Morrissey gigs, if you could request one song to be on the set list from the great man himself, what would you pick?

I'm attending the Plymouth UK gig, September (only a few weeks to go!) If there's one song I'd love to see live, it's Art-Hounds.

I adore this track, and I haven't seen it live. It's a jewel on World Peace, in my humble opinion, it would make the Plymouth gig even more delicious.

What, if any, song would you be most excited to see, and why?

Last edited:
Re: A Tour Song Request... We Can But Dream.

Agree with you on Art-hounds, great track.

I'm seeing him (for the first time! I have an excuse, I'm young) at Hull, and would love him to play The Boy with the Thorn in His Side as it was the song that first got me into Morrissey and remains my all-time favourite.

Last edited:

Wow, congrats on your first gig. Will be interested to know what you think of it. Morrissey ranks high as one of my all time favorites.

Well I Wonder.
Because it is the best song he ever wrote and he's never done it live.

If the request is limited to his solo material, then Sunny.
Because it's far too long since I've seen him sing this live, far too long...

Well I Wonder.
Because it is the best song he ever wrote and he's never done it live.

If the request is limited to his solo material, then Sunny.
Because it's far too long since I've seen him sing this live, far too long...

I concur on both parts Re. Well I Wonder. My favourite Smiths track.

- - - Updated - - -

For those of you who will be attending any upcoming Morrissey gigs, if you could request one song to be on the set list from the great man himself, what would you pick?

I'm attending the Plymouth UK gig, September (only a few weeks to go!) If there's one song I'd love to see live, it's Art-Hounds.

I adore this track, and I haven't seen it live. It's a jewel on World Peace, in my humble opinion, it would make the Plymouth gig even more delicious.

What, if any, song would you be most excited to see, and why?

You may be attending the gig in Plymouth Fiona, but will Morrissey? :lbf:

I believe he hasn't liked this song since not long after its release - and thus I think he'd never do it - but I think 2015 Morrissey and his band could do a really incredible version of "What Difference Does It Make?"

Bops - I refuse to let my thoughts even go there ;)

The lovely Morrissey will be lighting up the dim little Plymouth of cosy Devon.

I might be going to one of the European gigs.

My wish: Handsome devil (not going to happen though...)

Bops - I refuse to let my thoughts even go there ;)

The lovely Morrissey will be lighting up the dim little Plymouth of cosy Devon.

Sorry Fiona I couldn't resist :lbf: I'd like to see him dust off and introduce a stonking version of 'Barbarism' particularly the I'm your man version I have on bootleg somewhere. 'Rusholme Ruffians' would be good too.

sunny is a good choice but id go with november spawned a monster

Art-Hounds is a very good choice. It's not my favorite but I really like this song (as — I believe — a lot of fans do). Personally I prefer Let me kiss you an You have killed me 'cause they're my all-time favorites and I've never heard them live. I know that Moz has sung them very often at previous tour but unfortunately my Moz-tour-story has begun only with WPINOYB. So Budapest's gig in October will be the second Morrissey's concert in my life. And if I could suggest an alternative for Art-Hounds from relatively new material — please, don't blame me — I would choose Forgive someone =)

Art-Hounds is a very good choice. It's not my favorite but I really like this song (as — I believe — a lot of fans do). Personally I prefer Let me kiss you an You have killed me 'cause they're my all-time favorites and I've never heard them live. I know that Moz has sung them very often at previous tour but unfortunately my Moz-tour-story has begun only with WPINOYB. So Budapest's gig in October will be the second Morrissey's concert in my life. And if I could suggest an alternative for Art-Hounds from relatively new material — please, don't blame me — I would choose Forgive someone =)

Hey at least its not a smiths song over twenty five years. That said I always want him to come back to Camden. Guess that'd be my choices. November spawned a monster or come back to camdem

Agree with earlier choices on this thread - Well I Wonder and Come Back to Camden would be glorious.
I don't think I've ever heard him sing "That Joke.." live, either,

For me it would be great to hear Friday Mourning or Drag The River.

Some brilliant suggestions. I have to say, I'd be happy to hear all the songs mentioned here. But if Morrissey performed Art-Hounds at Plymouth next month, I would die happy. ;)

Was so happy when "Now My Heart is Full" resurfaced this year. It was a shame to have that one on the shelf for so many years.

I'll second "Sunny" and also throw in a mention for "Interesting Drug", which sounded great when it was played a couple times in 2007.

"Satan Rejected My Soul" could be fun.

And why no "We Hate it When our Friends Become Successful" since the year of it's release?

Back
Top Bottom