Poor old Sinead

Her first two albums were so good, though.

The Lion and the Cobra wasn't good, it was amazing: such a eclectic fusion of styles (vocal experiments, hard rock-riffs, electronics, funk grooves, chants and so on), I have always consider it one of the best debut rock albums of the 1980s, along with Miss America by Mary Margaret O'Hara. Unfortunately the debut's charm was completely lost on the commercial I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got.

I really liked the Lion & the Cobra.
I remember seeing (channel 4?) a small gig on TV of her during that era with 2 jobbing Ex-Smiths on stage.
I thought they'd done better - they weren't playing 'the right stuff' with Ferry :)
Today, she's gone 'cray cray' which is a shame as some of her work has merit, but her madness detracts....
That sounds very familiar for some reason!!
Regards,
FWD

Wish I'd been a fly in the Ceylon at this chat. Always fascinated as to what was discussed.

maxresdefault.jpg

Other than the merits of Dr Anthony Clare, nothing has ever been revealed, to my knowledge.

Last edited:
The Lion and the Cobra is one hell of a debut album.

It blew me away when it came out. And I've come back to it in the last few years.

Watch her performance of Mandinka on the Grammys. There is no way I could have pulled that off.

I really hope she finds happiness.

Back
Top Bottom