TTY: Morrissey planning a January-February 2016 concert tour of the Middle East

Morrissey for the Middle East - true-to-you.net
1 August 2015

Morrissey is planning a January-February concert tour of the Middle East.

"It's a dream long overdue," commented Morrissey.

photograph of Morrissey at Madison Square Garden 2015 copyright Brooklyn Vegan, used here with much love and respect

morrissey_at_madison_square_garden_2015.jpg

he will do israel and turkey. a couple of dates in each. maybe one in kuwait. thats it. hes not crazy.

I think he actually longs to play Iran because ...

TTY in 2007

Could you say to your fans if you think you will give us another album soon?

Guillaume
Paris, France

I presently have the option to tour for the remainder of 2007, or start a new album. I don't have a deal, but I have an offer from Warner Brothers. At the same time, there are some great touring offers - New Zealand, South Africa, my beloved Scandinavia, Israel and IRAN. I WOULD LOVE TO SING IN TEHERAN.
So, for this week, it's a dilemma.

Morrissey in Tehran would be incredibly cool. I'm aware of how unlikely it is, but no-one expected he would actually get his book released as a Penguin Classic, so somehow I can just about see it happening.

if he tours tehran that will nix any future albums or tours methinks.
wonder if the british govt will ransom him.

he wont be able to carouse in the middle of the street with damon in these countries as he does elsewhere.
surface is righ the religious police will lob your head off without a need of a second thought.
they may have to wear babushkas if they stray from the areas reserved for western tourists.
and he best to keep from getting clever onstage with his remarks.

To those who were waiting for news on this, I wouldn't hold your breath - at least for the moment. I happened to be on a flight yesterday with most of the Moz band and crew and overheard that after Vegas there are no firm plans for 2016 at the moment and everyone was getting some time off.

Well deserved I'd say.

To those who were waiting for news on this, I wouldn't hold your breath - at least for the moment. I happened to be on a flight yesterday with most of the Moz band and crew and overheard that after Vegas there are no firm plans for 2016 at the moment and everyone was getting some time off.

Well deserved I'd say.

Yes, well deserved. You could easily figure out that January/February concerts in the Middle East aren't happening because Boz is very busy with other things in January.

Omg! it was bad enough announcing "I love you America" (not a problem) now Middle East what about visiting uk population who have supported mighty moz for last 30 odd years (I did!) Boo Hiss Moz

After I read his autobiography I thought his desire to go to play in Tehran was cos of his relationship with the Iranian girl.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom