TTY: Morrissey planning a January-February 2016 concert tour of the Middle East

Morrissey for the Middle East - true-to-you.net
1 August 2015

Morrissey is planning a January-February concert tour of the Middle East.

"It's a dream long overdue," commented Morrissey.

photograph of Morrissey at Madison Square Garden 2015 copyright Brooklyn Vegan, used here with much love and respect

morrissey_at_madison_square_garden_2015.jpg

To be honest Johnny, the only places i would go to (or perform) on that list are Cyprus and Dubai and in that order. Whilst people on the site comment about his death and all that, i would prefer it to be by natural causes rather than something extreme. Saying that, he may be happy to go in a blaze of publicity - who knows?

He will play Beirut and Dubai!

Cheers!

I'm guessing that even with a whole load of poor decisions in the last few years...
We won't see him die on a cheap carpet with crossed swords above him.
If he heeds sensible advice about where to travel then it will just be a whistle stop tour of the East. There are too many people with families in the band to be taking daft risks. It won't happen.
Regards,
FWD

Are you people cray-cray? Nothing will happen to him in the Middle East he is a celebrity. Extremist probably don't know or give a rats furry ass about moz plus he will probably go to "safe" places such as turkey or Dubai.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing that even with a whole load of poor decisions in the last few years...
We won't see him die on a cheap carpet with crossed swords above him.
If he heeds sensible advice about where to travel then it will just be a whistle stop tour of the East. There are too many people with families in the band to be taking daft risks. It won't happen.
Regards,
FWD

for god sakes they aren't in any danger. If they had a problem with moz they would just ban him for performing like other artist. Not kill him!..... Drama queens :rofl: :rofl:

I see why you are a moz fan. Quite the flair for melodrama ;). Oooh let me join in...... Let's me see.... Aha! This tour is a suicide bid on morrissey behalf. You know the microphone will be my tombstone

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a degree of humour in my comment.
The point about areas being volatile and changeable is a fair one.
Given that people talking in definitives and in an authoritative manner on the Internet doesn't change anyone's view (see the 'sexism' "debate" as evidence) you might want to let people discuss things in as 'melodramatic' way as they want.
There is no drama here though - other than the attempt to riducule people talking things through about a proposed tour. Something, even in this cesspit, that should be allowed.
Also, as I suspect I have many years on you, I doubt you will never see why I'm a Moz fan - I will just be fitted in to your frame of references and that has zero to do with me or my reasons for being a 'fan'.
Now before you internalise all this negatively, I could put some emoticons here to denote humour, but I'm too worried about Moz being molested again, dying in a plane crash or being human trafficked to ISIS.
Go with God,
FWD

Last edited:
Are you people cray-cray? Nothing will happen to him in the Middle East he is a celebrity. Extremist probably don't know or give a rats furry ass about moz plus he will probably go to "safe" places such as turkey or Dubai.

- - - Updated - - -

for god sakes they aren't in any danger. If they had a problem with moz they would just ban him for performing like other artist. Not kill him!..... Drama queens :rofl: :rofl:

I see why you are a moz fan. Quite the flair for melodrama ;). Oooh let me join in...... Let's me see.... Aha! This tour is a suicide bid on morrissey behalf. You know the microphone will be my tombstone

Tynamuna - while I respect your views as a fellow poster, do you really think some of the radical nutters in that area give a shit about a personality? They will lob his head off without a second thought, these people are brain washed and don't give a flying f@ck about who someone is.

Edit - actually the more a think about this, if the dates are publicised, it gives them time to prepare and therefore a larger opportunity to get some publicity for their mental cause.

Last edited:
Famous when dead, don't you know I was joking too. Get a funny bone :D I meant in no way to insult you I was just having fun
Sry son. But relax you will live longer. Be as dramatic as you want to

Tynamuna - while I respect your views as a fellow poster, do you really think some of the radical nutters in that area give a shit about a personality? They will lob his head off without a second thought, these people are brain washed and don't give a flying f@ck about who someone is.

Let's all pitch in and by morrissey a bullet proof golf cart like the pope! we can write the pope of mope with glitter on the side!. Btw seriously don't worry, the talibans propably think this charming man is a song about how much moz lives his dad :rofl:

But all kidding aside, security will take precautions. Morrissey probably is not on their hitlist. It's very cute that you care for moz :love:. I thought morrissey was in any danger I would have lost it.

Ps: surface don't take my joking as ridicule, I'm just trying to ease people's worries

Let's all pitch in and by morrissey a bullet proof golf cart like the pope! we can write the pope of mope with glitter on the side!. Btw seriously don't worry, the talibans propably think this charming man is a song about how much moz lives his dad :rofl:

But all kidding aside, security will take precautions. Morrissey probably is not on their hitlist.

If your logic is "no one will care because no one has heard of him," people will learn more about him, and they will assume he is gay. And that will not be taken kindly by some.

If your logic is "no one will care because no one has heard of him," people will learn more about him, and they will assume he is gay. And that will not be taken kindly by some.

Lots of dramatic comments here..... Boy George has played gigs in Dubai, get over yourselves!

Think we have already agreed Dubai would be ok?

Yes, and add BEIRUT to the list since its the only city in the region that hosts pop/rock/rave events.

Abu Dhabi is also a possibility

Turkey seems on the edge of falling apart at the moment too. There's talk of a return to civil war in the news just today.

Of the others:

Bahrain - maybe.
Cyprus - quite possible.
Egypt - perhaps best not.
Iran - can't see the religious police liking it.
Iraq - perhaps best not.
Israel - not if he tours any of the others.
Jordan - maybe.
Kuwait - maybe.
Lebanon - perhaps best not.
Oman - maybe.
Palestine - perhaps best not. (I believe Gaza has an open air theatre: operating theatre.)
Qatar - maybe. He can whip his stage crew there.
Saudi Arabia - can't see the religious police liking it.
Syria - perhaps best not.
United Arab Emirates - maybe.
Yemen - perhaps best not.

Three nights in Dubai starts favourite.

Civil war ? Nope ! :doh: Just some clashes in southeastern region. I'm living in Turkey for 24 years and I can easily say that most regions are safe (excluding those border cities) enough. If he performs in Istanbul, Ankara, Bursa and Izmir (all of them are located in central or western regions), it's ok. Besides, Turkey is a member of NATO. Don't worry :)

Last year he said that he wants to do a mini-tour in Turkey and wants to perform in those cities. I think he'll do Istanbul, Abu Dabi, Beirut (?) and Tel Aviv.

Last edited:
What might be interesting would be if he went to a country that was a monarchy.

We would have the curious anomaly of him attacking the British Royal Family - who have caused me personally not an iota of concern in my entire life - while unable to criticise other Royal families whose governments disappear people for looking wonky at them.

If he attacked, or was thought to have attacked, the Royal families of Jordan or Saudi Arabia on stage his feet wouldn't touch, and pleasingly it would be down to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to bail him out. The only person to come out of it well would be Boz, who would lose three stone.

Civil war ? Nope ! :doh: Just some clashes in southeastern region. I'm living in Turkey for 24 years and I can easily say that most regions are safe (excluding those border cities) enough. If he performs in Istanbul, Ankara, Bursa and Izmir (all of them are located in central or western regions), it's ok. Besides, Turkey is a member of NATO. Don't worry :)

Last year he said that he wants to do a mini-tour in Turkey and wants to perform in those cities. I think he'll do Istanbul, Abu Dabi, Beirut (?) and Tel Aviv.

You know the how the modern media works, GG. If you aren't scared they aren't doing their job properly.

The thought in some quarters here is Erdogan, given a choice to destroy the Kurds or ISIS would kill the Kurds all day long, and that could prompt a resumption of PKK and other terrorist activity. Indeed, as you say that is already surfaced in the south-east. No-one would be surprised if some lunatic wasn't already planning attacks in Ankara or Istanbul.

I'm going to use a gem you said to me when I was frecking out about morrissey/cancer tissues thing: chill out!

Do you really think he is in any danger. Do you think the extremists regularly keeps themselves updated on ticnet.com, looking for the artist coming to town. "Mustafa! Look up all the song of this morrissey! See what the public opinion is of him and his political views and see if they match our lists of don't's" No! Never to a artist who frankly, (and I love you moz) our western society isn't that interested in at the moment. But Taylor swift and gaga beware!. ( well maybe not gaga anymore). Plus the tour is so short no one will barely notice him. In the worst case scenario he get heckled or someone throws a jar of piss on him. Did this 80s classics message got lost On you https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rCp2h5jslKY

But hey only time will tell if we need a post-show or post-mortem

Ps: for my own dignity I meant to write loves his dad not lives his dad in my previous post

He could tour this Middle East and play on three stages. One would be a bit tight.
boston-middle-east.jpg

(long-running music venue here in Cambridge, MA)

What might be interesting would be if he went to a country that was a monarchy.

We would have the curious anomaly of him attacking the British Royal Family - who have caused me personally not an iota of concern in my entire life - while unable to criticise other Royal families whose governments disappear people for looking wonky at them.

If he attacked, or was thought to have attacked, the Royal families of Jordan or Saudi Arabia on stage his feet wouldn't touch, and pleasingly it would be down to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to bail him out. The only person to come out of it well would be Boz, who would lose three stone.

he will do israel and turkey. a couple of dates in each. maybe one in kuwait. thats it. hes not crazy.

I'm going to use a gem you said to me when I was frecking out about morrissey/cancer tissues thing: chill out!

Do you really think he is in any danger. Do you think the extremists regularly keeps themselves updated on ticnet.com, looking for the artist coming to town. "Mustafa! Look up all the song of this morrissey! See what the public opinion is of him and his political views and see if they match our lists of don't's" No! Never to a artist who frankly, (and I love you moz) our western society isn't that interested in at the moment.

For someone who claims to have cried when their friend said they hope Morrissey dies, you have very little concern for sending your favorite artist to one of the most volatile regions in the world. You act as if he'll be playing a small club to 20 local fans. He prefers classy venues, and people who don't know him will see posters of a kissy-face old white guy plastered up in their hometown. Let me tell you one thing that has consistently been well-received in the Middle East: old white guys.

And contrary to the above statement about Boy George, Dubai is not the whole Middle East.

For someone who claims to have cried when their friend said they hope Morrissey dies, you have very little concern for sending your favorite artist to one of the most volatile regions in the world. You act as if he'll be playing a small club to 20 local fans. He prefers classy venues, and people who don't know him will see posters of a kissy-face old white guy plastered up in their hometown. Let me tell you one thing that has consistently been well-received in the Middle East: old white guys.

And contrary to the above statement about Boy George, Dubai is not the whole Middle East.

A serious disease is something I be truly concerned about in my opinion. Morrissey getting attacked by Taliban on tour is just silly in my opinion. Great story thought. I don't agree with you and you don't with me. That's fine, no need for the aggressive tone please.

Edit: you meant that sarcastically

Jesus can't one tour thread fly by without some Bourne identityesque theories popping up

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom