Obscure or lost Johnny Marr instrumental

martynsolo

I heard an instrumental piece by Marr years ago. The title of the track has the name of a woman in it. I cannot remember but I keep thinking "Kimberly" or something like that?

Any ideas?

Re: Obscure or lost Johnny Marr instrumental.

I heard an instrumental piece by Marr years ago. The title of the track has the name of a woman in it. I cannot remember but I keep thinking "Kimberly" or something like that?

Any ideas?

Well, Patti Smith's Kimberly was the template for The Hand That Rocks The Cradle. That's the first thing that came to mind. Or maybe you're thinking of that 'Melanie' song that scammed Dutch radio.

P.

By the way, while we're on the subject of Johnny Marr instrumentals, I must ransack the archives for that lost Smiths song. It was at a soundcheck at Dundalk, and it kind of sounds like Panic, and it kind of sounds like Sheila Take A Bow, but clearly it is neither. Fascinating to listen to.

P.

Well, Patti Smith's Kimberly was the template for The Hand That Rocks The Cradle. That's the first thing that came to mind. Or maybe you're thinking of that 'Melanie' song that scammed Dutch radio.

P.

I always knew that the Melanie song was not a morrissey, but who was it? A comment in the YouTube vid said that it was song by the Dutch band the boys. But I never find anything about them.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, while we're on the subject of Johnny Marr instrumentals, I must ransack the archives for that lost Smiths song. It was at a soundcheck at Dundalk, and it kind of sounds like Panic, and it kind of sounds like Sheila Take A Bow, but clearly it is neither. Fascinating to listen to.

P.

Is there a site to download this sound check.

Nope. It is not the Melanie song, and the instrumental piece I am thinking of is Johnny Marr post-Smiths. It does have a jingle-jangle feel to it though. I cannot remember the melody at all.

Walking Down Madison?

Demo for Kirsty MacColl

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom