Morrissey-Solo - The new True To You?

javert

Super Moderator
Subscriber
I think Morrissey really needs to come to his senses when it comes to this site.

Why? Well, we...:

• Gather Morrissey Infomation
  • Have one of the largest gatherings of his fan base located in one website
  • Provide huge amounts of PR for free
  • Give his music maxium exposure
  • Provide up to date setlist infomation
  • and a lot more!

True-to-you is a pretty poorly designed website while Solo is a site which is constantly maintained, I bet if Morrissey wanted to make an account, I'm sure David would allow it :p

Yes I'm sure the constant slagging of Morrissey's eating habits, speculation on his sexuality and shit slung at Jesse would absolutely entice him.

I think Morrissey really needs to come to his senses when it comes to this site.

Why? Well, we...:

• and a lot more!

True-to-you is a pretty poorly designed website while Solo is a site which is constantly maintained, I bet if Morrissey wanted to make an account, I'm sure David would allow it

Actually Morrissey has his account!

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/members/2-morrissey

Last edited:

Why? Well, we...:

• and a lot more!

True-to-you is a pretty poorly designed website while Solo is a site which is constantly maintained, I bet if Morrissey wanted to make an account, I'm sure David would allow it :p

Why would he do that? Morrissey wants everything controlled...and he can't control something that allows interaction outside the staff.

Probably just reserved to stop anyone registering the name 'Morrissey' on here. (or, possibly, an optimistic move by david just in case Morrissey ever chose to post on here.. :) )

Morrissey doesn't appear to like any form of criticism, constructive or otherwise.

Everything has to be sycophantic, vetted and controlled.

Re:

Probably just reserved to stop anyone registering the name 'Morrissey' on here. (or, possibly, an optimistic move by david just in case Morrissey ever chose to post on here.. :) )

Yep, David kept the user name for him. :)

Last edited:
Morrissey-solo: Top Of Google

I have to say True To You has nothing on us.

#No1 Google Search Result for: Morrissey

We've done it.png

Re: Morrissey-solo: Top Of Google

For those of us who have been here for a long haul, you could argue that True To You was once the new Morrissey-solo - and, beyond offering statements direct from his pen or the very occasional Q&A, it never presented much of an alternative, content-wise.

Morrissey doesn't appear to like any form of criticism, constructive or otherwise.

Everything has to be sycophantic, vetted and controlled.

This comment really gets my goat.
How many artists are prepared to provide a forum for their music and live performances to be picked apart as they are on this site?

The list of criticisms is endless and no-one can be pleased. Look to the announcement of the US tour in April...posters anticipating multiple cancellations, a book being run on the first date to be scratched. Here we are, the tour was completed, and yet scorn is poured on anyone who dares point to this as being a success for Moz.

It seems that no-one will be truly happy until Jesse is booted and Alain returns, the tour setlist consists solely of Kill Uncle numbers
and Morrissey provides an Instagram post for every meal consumed.
Faced with such unreasonable demands, how an earth could Moz be expected to respond???

I've only recently registered and have been reading on and off for some time - I have to agree with the poster above me - some of the criticism on here is absolutely unbelievable, like nothing I've seen on any fans forum anywhere. It's as if some people come here to just rip Morrissey apart and moan at every choice he makes. It's all very odd. So sadly OP I don't agree!

Last edited:
Wait - you think Morrissey provides this forum?

Use your loaf!
I was responding to the thread proposition that Moz align with this site and actively encourage a mass of requests for this, that or the other to change or be done.
SSOB

How many artists are prepared to provide a forum for their music and live performances to be picked apart as they are on this site?

The list of criticisms is endless and no-one can be pleased. Look to the announcement of the US tour in April...posters anticipating multiple cancellations, a book being run on the first date to be scratched. Here we are, the tour was completed, and yet scorn is poured on anyone who dares point to this as being a success for Moz.

It seems that no-one will be truly happy until Jesse is booted and Alain returns, the tour setlist consists solely of Kill Uncle numbers
Faced with such unreasonable demands, how an earth could Moz be expected to respond???

Boo hoo. How hard it must be to be Morrissey.

Yes I'm sure the constant slagging of Morrissey's eating habits, speculation on his sexuality and shit slung at Jesse would absolutely entice him.

I think that part of the problem is that he occasionally misrepresents himself to sell more tickets. Like last year for example when again blunt lies about what he is about were spread. Now they have moved again and sell his current tour with "sold out tour last year". A tour that partly sold out because of the blunt lies. After Autobiography I didn't think it possible anymore, but especially in Southern Europe he had himself adored for something that he isn't. How he wallows in this adoration even though he knows full well that they were adoring an image transported through the media that was a lie remains his secret. The sold out concerts were also partly only 30% the capacity of the venues in 2009, but now they claim that the concerts last year were sold out and move back to the larger venues. If those will also sell out remains to be seen. The current press release is also more honest than last year and more of what Morrissey is like, but now, as I already typed, they can claim last year's "success", so... As far as last year was concerned, you know, if a company advertises lawn mowers and then tells tooth brushes, like Morrissey has done the equivalent of, then you will find out that not many of their customers will be happy if they receive a tooth brush if they currently needed a lawn mower. It is the same with Morrissey, he tells blunt lies, people buy and go because it speaks to a current need and then they get something different. And no, it is not all about Morrissey and the few tools who constantly claim that he means so much to them and that he saved the lives of those who killed themselves and whatnot else. So if people are drawn in because he is fighting for animal rights, or because he claims to not belong to the overly sex obsessed or he claims to be all about a certain kind of music and these things are indeed important to people, speaks to them, and they are the only or main reason why they are motivated to even have another look, than you shouldn't be suprised if a few questions come up once they noticed that there is something.... not quite right... and not quite as they were told. The claim that Morrissey and his whole business is a tooth brush and of course not a lawn mower is ridiculous, because it takes a while as a new customer to figure out that you were lied at as it isn't quite as obvious as it is with in fact tooth brushes and lawn mowers where you can literally see the product and grasp its features with one look while with Morrissey and his business you have to some degree rely on what you are told. It is more comparable with those UMTS mobile phones that I once bought one of with the promise that I'd be able to watch television with it and once I had it I found out that well, it was not really happening as I had imagined it to be like. And trust me, I haven't had a contract with that phone company since and never will as long as there are alternatives that are not necessarily more honest, but in fact, I have cut it all down to pre-paid basic phone mobile phone that I only switch on if I actually want to make a call or expect one. Seriously. The same has happened with music after my experience with Morrissey. I lost interest. And this even though I probably lived and breathed music once far more than Morrissey ever has. I have barely been to any concerts since and just today I even went into a big music instruments store and was faster out than I was in. I am so fed up with all the lies. I grabbed one of their large plastic bags at the exit however, because they are quite useful to keep the empty water bottles in before you return them to be recycled.

You do know that Morrissey has spent 33 years touting himself as an 'animal rights activist', singing his nursery rhyme 'Meat Is Murder' whilst digesting his backstage Dubliner Kerrygold Cheese flown in to wherever in the world he has performed? You do realise that there is more cruelty, torture and sexual abuse in Dairy Farming for Cheese than there is involved in raising cattle for Beef? You do realise that anyone who claims 'vegetarianism' is on a higher moral plane to 'carnivorism' is mentally deranged? You do realise that either you embrace Veganism in response to the plight of animals throughout human history or you're full of shit? Like Morrissey is full of shit. And full of sleazy rapey Cheese? Is he now Vegan? Or does he just peddle PETA 'vegan starter kits' to the Little People aka: The Fans whilst he tucks into some Brie-tastic post-gig snacks? He has yet to comment on having his arse kicked by BrummieBoy and Benny over The Zagreb Rider aka: Cheesegate. Morrissey is a singing Smurf.

best
GoBB

Last edited:

yeah but do casual fans or non moz fans really care for Alain? i think people only care for moz and don't really pay attention to the band. I feel like the only way that people would be happy is if there's a smiths reunion (i'm glad it's not going to happen tho)

yeah but do casual fans or non moz fans really care for Alain? i think people only care for moz and don't really pay attention to the band. I feel like the only way that people would be happy is if there's a smiths reunion (i'm glad it's not going to happen tho)

In the crowd I've never heard any casual fan talking about liking anyone but they all seem to hate jesse for some reason. Sad.

Back
Top Bottom