Morrissey and his fantastic fans

suedehead329

My wife and I saw Morrissey last night at The Depot in Salt Lake City. Instead of repeating details of the show that others may have already posted, let me just say that it was *powerful*! Moz was in top form, and his band is incredible. For me, the high point of the show was "Ganglord." Very moving, indeed.
We lucked out like you wouldn't believe. The doors opened at 7:00, and we didn't even show up until 7:30. All the tickets for this show were general admission, and it was a sold out show, so we knew it would be a zoo anyway, and we saw no need to get there early. We took our time. Instead of going upstairs where the booze was, we went to the main floor. We stood about 40 feet away from the stage, next to the guys who were running the sound and lighting.
We were standing behind some of the very few chairs that exist at The Depot. There were coats draped across four of the chairs we stood behind. Right before the show started, this nice couple came and claimed two of those saved chairs. The guy of the couple turned to us and said, "These two chairs are free if you'd like to sit there." Wow! What nice people! We had a fantastic view of Moz and the band, owing to the nearness of our seats and the fact that where we sat was slightly elevated so that you could see over the heads of the people standing on the floor in front of the stage. After the show, I thanked the guy, and told him that I have bad knees, and getting those two seats made my night. He said that he and his wife always save extra seats "just in case." Morrissey fans are the nicest people!

My wife and I saw Morrissey last night at The Depot in Salt Lake City. Instead of repeating details of the show that others may have already posted, let me just say that it was *powerful*! Moz was in top form, and his band is incredible. For me, the high point of the show was "Ganglord." Very moving, indeed.
We lucked out like you wouldn't believe. The doors opened at 7:00, and we didn't even show up until 7:30. All the tickets for this show were general admission, and it was a sold out show, so we knew it would be a zoo anyway, and we saw no need to get there early. We took our time. Instead of going upstairs where the booze was, we went to the main floor. We stood about 40 feet away from the stage, next to the guys who were running the sound and lighting.
We were standing behind some of the very few chairs that exist at The Depot. There were coats draped across four of the chairs we stood behind. Right before the show started, this nice couple came and claimed two of those saved chairs. The guy of the couple turned to us and said, "These two chairs are free if you'd like to sit there." Wow! What nice people! We had a fantastic view of Moz and the band, owing to the nearness of our seats and the fact that where we sat was slightly elevated so that you could see over the heads of the people standing on the floor in front of the stage. After the show, I thanked the guy, and told him that I have bad knees, and getting those two seats made my night. He said that he and his wife always save extra seats "just in case." Morrissey fans are the nicest people!

The people 5 or 6 rows back on Jesse's side were assholes. A group of guys who spent the whole evening pushing back and forth, knocking over the group of small women standing behind them. Why do you have to act like that?

Back
Top Bottom