Salt Lake City, UT - The Depot (July 18, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Now My Heart Is Full / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Will Never Marry / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / First Of The Gang To Die / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / What She Said / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Eurydice

• Review by dynamiteutah - Restorative Discourse. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Morrissey / The Depot - Salt Lake City, UT (124 photos / videos) - CrowdAlbum. Link posted by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey Live In Salt Lake City, UT | Photo Gallery, review and photos (16 total) by Saul Torres - Fusion Magazine. Link posted by an anonymous person.

saltlakecity.jpg
  • "Morrissey Fans Faint After Seeing This at His Concert" - PETA blog - July 23, 2015

Last edited:
I don't understand these comments. Presumably most of you have followed Morrissey for many years. So you should know this kind of thing is not only nothing new, but quite tame in comparison with other things he has done. It's strange that fans love and accept his brand of maudlin, sad, angry, and isolationist writing, and yet when he displays, as in cases like this, that he IS the sad and angry man singing those songs, you bash him. I for one would be somewhat disappointed hearing Morrissey spill goodwill across the artists on the pop charts. He's a miserable asshole. That's why he is who he is, and that's why most of us love him. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be Morrissey, and none of us would be here to begin with.

RELAX

Bitter old troll Morrissey reduced to trying to hitch a ride on Ed Sheeran's mega-popularity. He's in Utah in what looks like a school sports hall. Ed is playing 3 nights at Wembley (240,000 tickets sold) and 2 nights at Croke Park (160,000 tickets sold). We must all hope that the Ed is gracious enough to respond to Morrissey The Troll to try and help shift the unsold tickets at London Eventim Hammersmith.

Update: You can still get 6 x Standing tickets for Morrissey's show on Monday, but 10 days after the box-office opens you can only get 1 standing ticket in the 'pit' for Sunday! But don't worry, still 6 x Standing tickets are STILL available upstairs.

This just proves that it's Quality not Quantity that matters. Ed may have sold mega-multiples of tickets but that's not important. What's important is that Ed defers to Morrissey's 'historic' 'Iconic' status. Ha! Ha!

If only Morrissey had been True to You with regard to his own principles and not treated so many other musicians and producers like shit, he would have been a truly global star. Like Ed Sheeran. But he's just an old windbag C List celeb desperately trying to get noticed. He's taking a long time updating his #QueenElizardbeastIsANazi schtick after yesterday's Sun article. Let's see how he now blames a 7 year old child for being taught to salute Hitler, just as he blamed a sick princess for a mentally ill nurse's suicide. And offered the view that Madonna would use her orphan son, David Banda, as handbag material. Really, 'kiss my ass' is tame, he needs to up his game if he wants another Smurf-Troll Oscar on his mantelpiece. What a wanker he's turned out to be.

best
GOBB

And here you are again trolling the comments of a concert you never went to. What a ridiculous person you are.

Dear Morrissey,

"Life is never kind," you once sang. It sure has been kind to you though. What a shame you don't appreciate everything you have been given. What happened? You seem to be so angry at the world, no, make that the universe. Bitternes and resentment radiate from you like nuclear deathrays once did from the town of Tsjernobyl. And I wonder why. I truly do.

The reason you hate the Royal Family is quite obvious. They are worshipped and admired simply for who they are, and you can't stomach that, can you? That's a fate that should have befallen you, isn't it? You seem to think it's your birthright, but sadly it isn't. You are not royalty, although you sure behave that way! You have to record albums, tour and sing to be admired. And you act like it's a fate worse than death. Your setlists during recent tours reflect the resentment you feel for your audience and fans. That's why we turn away from you. Just like every major record company is doing. We just can't stand you trolling us. And frankly, we don't deserve it.

By the way, the majority of songs on your last album is really awful. Plodding funeral marches!

I know this message isn't kind. I am aware of that. But you need to hear this. I offer you my sincere advice: get therapy and start working on your psychiatric issues. Start with the narcissism. Fix yourself. And for the love of God, get rid of the Yes-men you have surrounded yourself with. They don't have your best interest at heart, only their own wallets. Start working with people who are not afraid to voice their opinion, even if you don't like it or don't want to hear it. If a song is shite, don't release it. Listen to your friends, not your entourage. Your friends can probably help you balance out your warped political views as well.

As far as your health is concerned, although I'm not a doctor, it seems to me you show all kinds of side-effects of longtime use of antidepressants: the profuse sweating, the damaged immune system, the moodswings, the heavy drinking. Please, get that checked out and do something about it. Start working out (running, swimming) and take a decent pro-biotic amongst other things. Make life bearable for yourself again. It can be done without medication.

I sincerely hope you will see better days and will be able to take your career of life support and make great music once again. If you want my help or just want to talk, well, you know how to reach me.

Your friend,

Eric Hartman

eric, although i disagree with you i think you have brilliant moments. last album is magnificent and to me it seems that morrissey appreciates friendship.

you or me, either, have no real insight into morrissey's private life, thats why i see your advice as arrogant and based upon speculations.

i'm tynamuna's friend,

awa

eric, although i disagree with you i think you have brilliant moments. last album is magnificent and to me it seems that morrissey appreciates friendship.

you or me, either, have no real insight into morrissey's private life, thats why i see your advice as arrogant and based upon speculations.

i'm tynamuna's friend,

awa

You are back! :D

Oops if you don't like Eric's post please don't read mine :flowers:
Mine is just as arrogant and nosey :rofl:

I can just see the day that you finally get enough of my stupidity coming. So apologies in advance :love:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are back! :D

Oops if you don't like Eric's post please don't read mine :flowers:
Mine is just as arrogant and nosey :rofl:

I can just see the day that you finally get enough of my stupidity coming. So apologies in advance :love:

but you don't have to. you are honest and flamboyant. :love:

p.s. i love to read eric's posts. :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom