the new wavves song (is pretty good)

A

Anonymous

new wavves song has a fuzzy surf rock pop punk feel and it sounds great. the lyrics keep going up in quality. very excited for a new release

wavves - way to much
https://soundcloud.com/wavveswavves/wavves-way-too-much

the words:

"sorry,

if i woke you up this mornin it was early,

the sun was coming up and ive been drinkin,

to much,

drinkin,

to much,

here i am,

im just stumblin and im lookin for a purpose,

im just leering and its comin to the surface,

to much,

always thinkin,

to much,

this conversations getting boring,

ive given up and now im on the ground,

way to much,

later on,

i awoke to find myself laid out in pieces,

all scattered and divided for no reason,

i dont know,

but its hurtin so much,

holdin on,

im am pressin for some way to stop this feelin,

by replacin what im fellin am i sinkin,

to much,

always thinkin to much,

this conversations getting boring,

im slowly sinking into nothing,

way to much,

i sink like a stone,

just like you knew i would (baby),

like you knew i would,

i sink like a stone,

just like you knew i would (baby),

just like you knew i would (baby), "

really dig it!

yeah it feels like a king of the beach track to me which is excellent. I like that band a lot. not to serious not to derivative. down to earth but fun and Introspective at the same time. its funny, the songs for sure surfy and pop punk but doesn't really fit into either category. also I just love to death that distortion sound

hhmm weird. i quoted a response that doesnt seem to be there anymore

It was mistakenly spotted as a spammer and deleted, it's back now.

cool. i wasnt upset about it nothin but it just struck me as odd. im not very tech knowledgeable so i just assumed it was sum weird thing on my end. thanks for the reply

and now has a new official video that you can watch on pitchfork and im sure elsewhere.

http://pitchfork.com/news/61230-wavves-shares-violent-wrestling-inspired-way-too-much-video/

Wavves has shared a visual for "Way Too Much", taken from the group's forthcoming album V (it's out October 2 via Ghost Ramp/Warner Bros). Directed by Jack Wagner and filmed at an Underground Empire Wrestling event, the gritty clip combines ringside action with scuzzy performance footage from Nathan Williams and company. Check it out below via Rolling Stone.
Here's what Williams had to say about the video to Rolling Stone:
I have wrestling parties at my house every Monday and Thursday for Raw and SmackDown; we'll barbecue and watch. I've been a fan for 20 years now - but the UEW event, it was crazy. They had a baseball bat with duct tape wrapped around it, and thumbtacks stuck in there, and they were hitting each other in the head with it. They were telling you seconds before, 'Get the f*** out of the way, because someone's about to be tossed through all of the chairs you were just sitting in.' And then when you'd set your chair back up again, there'd be a bloody handprint on it.

heres the album to stream on npr, i love me some npr, and there first listen segment

http://www.npr.org/2015/09/23/439514986/first-listen-wavves-v

"In the last few years, we've seen Wavves' Nathan Williams wake up, stumble out of bed, emerge as one of the few successes of the late-'00s lo-fi resurgence, and graduate to the big leagues. Still, five albums in, Williams seems as plagued with uncertainty and peril as ever before. He's enjoyed a rare winning streak from DIY cassette releases through the indie-rock gauntlet, blogs and all, before catching serious attention and landing on a major label.

Through it all, he's remained remarkably open about his state of being, grafting his emotions onto a restless runaround of high-energy pop-punk and stoner fuzz. His songs roughly represent the equivalent of dumping a month's worth of antidepressants and a roll of Mentos into a two-liter bottle of Diet Coke and letting it rip. V is loaded with cheerful songs about woes and impediments, afflictions and self-doubt, with multiple references to headaches (physical and otherwise). Along the way, our under-30 protagonist asks himself, "Have I lived too long?" and frets that "I'm getting worse" in "Heavy Metal Detox." (On a brighter note, in "Pony," he sings hopefully about how, "It gets better / It better.") Williams' compatriot in all this, bassist Stephen Pope, is a first-person witness to these fears, having played for a few years with the late Jay Reatard before joining Wavves.

Williams is careful to leave his mark without smudging the classics: "Flamezesz" lifts a swirly keyboard lead from Trompe Le Monde-era Pixies and plunges it into his wild-eyed darkness ("It's suicide, uh huh, the way you walk around"), while "Cry Baby" cribs an opening riff as a speeded-up, smoothed-out nod to Pavement's "Box Elder." But Williams' rambunctious, brutally honest first-person narratives are all his own, the product of his talent and an innate understanding of what it's like to wander into a world of temptation, knowing that it's not much safer on the couch."

Back
Top Bottom