Morrissey's issue with Manchester

A

Anonymous

It has been discussed here and there in different threads, but somehow went under. What is Moz' issue with his birthplace Manchester? Are people there mad at him or anything like that? Do they feel snubbed by him? I have no idea. I'm not from the UK.

It has been discussed here and there in different threads, but somehow went under. What is Moz' issue with his birthplace Manchester? Are people there mad at him or anything like that? Do they feel snubbed by him? I have no idea. I'm not from the UK.

He doesn't have an issue with Manchester.

There is no issue with Manchester. He is here more than people realise. We have a local newspaper that perpetuates the myth. Every time he tours and leaves out Manchester they have to bang on about it.

There is no issue with Manchester. He is here more than people realise. We have a local newspaper that perpetuates the myth. Every time he tours and leaves out Manchester they have to bang on about it.

Of course he is there. His mother lives there. He knows people there. That was not the question. Since you are so well informed, tell me about the last time Moz was in Manchester and how long.

Of course he is there. His mother lives there. He knows people there. That was not the question. Since you are so well informed, tell me about the last time Moz was in Manchester and how long.

What is your question?

It's not a secret that some people in Manchester do not like him.

As post #3 pointed out that some journalists / editors of Manchester Evening News have the issues with him, not him.

From an interview in 2015:

Some people just travel to Manchester to sightsee places of your youth. How does it feel to see that?

I'm not entirely sure what it is that people are looking for. My life in Manchester when I was young was so awful, I can only imagine they are making a pilgrimage to these places a bit like when they are visiting a Victorian prison and take a look at the names scrawled on the walls of the cells.

Cut the tone. I'm a lot more "informed" than you realise. But you can piss off if you think that I'm going to tell you anything. I could have told you plenty, but you blew it.

Cut the tone. I'm a lot more "informed" than you realise. But you can piss off if you think that I'm going to tell you anything. I could have told you plenty, but you blew it.

Mozza is english and perverted, the things he loves he plays with. For most of his "LA years" he spent most of his time in Manchester and Dublin. So no he doesn't dislike Manchester

Morrissey is over in Manchester visiting quite often. I have a mate who is a taxi driver based in Altrincham and Morrissey can often be seen in Bowdon/Alty visiting his mother who lives around there.

It's a nice area. I'd recommend a wander round, lovely in summer.

Like Benn Budd I have also been tipped off when Morrissey is in town through the good old taxi driver network. For my part it's the ones who pick him up in Manchester when he visits a friend of his who lives in a flat in the Northen Quarter. When he was "living in LA" he was spotted the most. Mad as it seems, he was quite able to slip in and out right under the noses of all the hip young things in that area without anyone knowing.

Would he still visit Manchester if there were no family members or friends living in his hometown? Is visiting a city twice a year, often?

Back
Top Bottom