Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium (July 3, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

(I Never Promised You A) Rose Garden / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Istanbul / The Bullfighter Dies / Yes, I Am Blind / First Of The Gang To Die / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Now My Heart Is Full / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by floodzonex

Last edited:
I drove from atlanta to the ryman, I showed up to the event about 4 hours before the show.
As I was walking around the ryman auditorium I heard kiss me a lot playing inside and immediately sat by the door to hear the sound check. I was shocked when he played rose garden (he played it twice during sound check) but honestly I had not heard of the song I was just shocked I was hearing something new in the setlist. I began to think that he played that just for sound checks but when he opened up with it that obviously wasn’t the case.
As far as the show went it was amazing. I think I was a little spoiled with the atlanta set list but this one had just as many highlights. Alma matters, yes I am blind, now my heart is full, stop me, throwing my arms, were my favorites played. I had about sixth row for the show, I met a woman named Nicole before the show and she was balcony however we both ended up in the pit by about the fourth song lol, the crowd was absolutely mad, anyone who says any different was just simply not there.
There were two girls in the pit who were visibly upset because people kept pushing into them. One small little preppy blonde girl literally back handed me in the face, it was awesome. I understand they paid good money and were probably frustrated that people were stealing their position but at the same time this is a Morrissey show, get with the program.
Stage banter included (and im paraphrasing because I don’t remember specifically what he said) he mentioned he could care less about being in the rock and roll hall of fame but it would such a huge honor to be in the country music hall of fame. He gave the mic to a woman who said her child (who was with her in the front row) was conceived after a Morrissey show. And her husband a few rows behind her said that they have another child with the middle name Morrissey. He also apologized for the whole moving the venue stating “life happens.”
Maybe the ugliest thing that happened and I can’t believe no one pointed it out yet was the shirt tossing during the last encore. As soon as that shirt hit someone’s hand I watched about 10 people come crashing down to the ground, all the folding chairs set up for the pit were scattered everywhere. About 5 police officers or maybe security guards tried breaking it up in a process that took about 10 minutes to take care of. I am almost certain there were some serious injuries involved as I watched two people getting carted off in an ambulance right outside of the ryman, I really hope everyone is ok.
Feeling really blessed to see such great shows in Atlanta and now in Nashville! He is such a powerful presence on stage and really embraces the crowd. im so thankful

IMPORTANT QUESTION for those who have attended the recent shows...At what local time does Morrissey take the stage?? Thank you for any info!

Show time was 8:30. At that point an approximately 30 minute video/slide show began and Moz took the stage at 9:05.

It was a wonderful show! I've seen him three times and being up front with my little boy was the highlight of my life! Morrissey performed perfectly!! My little boy felt so special after it was over, he had people congratulating him for getting to speak on the microphone and receiving the drum sticks and picks. He was so sweet, we saw a teenage girl and her mom after the show , she was waiting around hoping to meet anyone from his band , my little boy told her he had more than one guitar pick, so he let her have one. She was crying, I was crying , big cry fest! A magical night

A gentleman offered to cut the shirt into pieces (a couple people caught it at acne time. A young fellow grabbed the middle of it and wiped out on the golfing chairs thst were zipped together (didn't help that the floor was full of spilt drinks). I saw the young fellow leave in an ambulance. Not sure how bad he was hurt, he was able to stand up. The security did not allow the man with the scissors to cut the shirt. Same guy has been to many of the shows and offered to cut the shirt during the showdowns ! Think he's a photographer , I spoke with him after the show.

- - - Updated - - -

At same time. Not acme. Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Folding chairs not golfing. Stinking iPhone !

- - - Updated - - -

Folding chairs not golfing. Stinking iPhone !

This was my 4th Morrissey concert and by far the best. I saw him twice in Indiana (2007) and once in Chicago (2011). There was a lot of energy in Nashville. My seat was in the first pew row but I moved up to the 2nd row from the stage. I just wanted to shake Morrissey's hand and he did grab my hand! (I think it was near the end of Suedehead). I met the lady with her son, they came from Louisiana. She showed me the picture he drew for Morrissey. It was really neat to see Morrissey take it and then let him talk in the mic later. Highlights for me were Alma Matters, Yes I am Blind, and Now My Heart is Full. His voice sounds really great!

Does anyone know what Morrissey said at the beginning? Something about "I'm feeling quite.....?" He said with a song like "World Peace..." he would probably never make it in the Rock & Roll Hall of Foam. But he might be able to make it in Country Hall....and then he said he would become a saint. Then he went on to say there was zero chance of any of that happening.

This was my 4th Morrissey concert and by far the best. I saw him twice in Indiana (2007) and once in Chicago (2011). There was a lot of energy in Nashville. My seat was in the first pew row but I moved up to the 2nd row from the stage. I just wanted to shake Morrissey's hand and he did grab my hand! (I think it was near the end of Suedehead). I met the lady with her son, they came from Louisiana. She showed me the picture he drew for Morrissey. It was really neat to see Morrissey take it and then let him talk in the mic later. Highlights for me were Alma Matters, Yes I am Blind, and Now My Heart is Full. His voice sounds really great!

Does anyone know what Morrissey said at the beginning? Something about "I'm feeling quite.....?" He said with a song like "World Peace..." he would probably never make it in the Rock & Roll Hall of Foam. But he might be able to make it in Country Hall....and then he said he would become a saint. Then he went on to say there was zero chance of any of that happening.
When he walked out on stage he said; Good evening. I am white trash. You can hear it on the lesser quality Rose Garden videos on page 1 of this thread.

Nashville, TN.....the price you paid for your ticket was worth the opening!!!!

I'm still listening to Morrissey's version of "Rose Garden." It's been going round my head relentelssly for days.

He might want to reconsider that covers album - Cole Porter awaits!

I'm still listening to Morrissey's version of "Rose Garden." It's been going round my head relentelssly for days.

I prefer the benny version I love the line meat free doesn't mean cheese melancholy very clever

LOVE that he did the Anderson song...especially with all the whining everyone has been doing lately about set lists and political statements (Jesus Christ, people are still surprised that he keeps doing a similar set list? How is this possible in the age of the InterWebz?!). He never promised anyone anything and singing that song was kind of a "told y'all so" in addition to a nod to a great song. What a very nice surprise and worth its weight in gold as it stands. Lucky bastards in the audience.

I couldn't agree more!! Also, there's a lovely dose of Morrissey sarcasm buried in the lyrics for those who think his current mood is too sullen and his video clips are too upsetting. Boo f***ing hoo! I'm going to watch this over and over again. What would this site be without docinwestchester videos??

lynnda

I'd sell one of my kidneys to hear a complete version of "Vincent"

lynnda

I couldn't agree more!! Also, there's a lovely dose of Morrissey sarcasm buried in the lyrics for those who think his current mood is too sullen and his video clips are too upsetting. Boo f***ing hoo! I'm going to watch this over and over again. What would this site be without docinwestchester videos??

lynnda

I'm glad you and Eurydice are members. I'm with you both all the way!

I very much prefer Jade Goody's (God rest her soul) version of Rose Garden as done on celebrity stars in their eyes a few years back. Proper tear jerker.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom