Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium (July 3, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

(I Never Promised You A) Rose Garden / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Istanbul / The Bullfighter Dies / Yes, I Am Blind / First Of The Gang To Die / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Now My Heart Is Full / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by floodzonex

Last edited:
:

I have to say Benny, you are true to your convictions, I'll give it that. Clever, do you have a stack of Morrissey lyrics:crankfraud edition at home, or is it all just spontaneous. How does the creative mind of Benny work :lbf:

Oh i really hope you and Morrissey meet someday. It will be hilarious :)

Hello Tynamuna

Could it be i like you ! (Not everyone gets a response as you may notice)

I like your idea of me re-writing the CrankFraud editions if I ever do it you will be credited and dedicated in the notes, thankyou.
How do I write those songs ? Well it's not really that difficult given that Steven just can't help himself at being stupid, I just check in to solo for all the gossip ( never true to poo, that place is so yesterday ) and then the lyrics just flow something just takes over, like honesty !
On the subject of meeting Steven, I have met him a few times, Mrs Benny is in one of his videos recorded at Blackpool during the National front disco I also made the stage but didn't manage to get in the footage, oh well enough said about that.
One of my biggest influences is a song called Shop Mobility by the Lancashire Hotpots ( I'm sure it willbe on utube somewhere ).

If I ever agree to do an interview it's only with you via solo.

T T F N

Benny-the-British-Butcher

P s. I love Gonthengurg, I syayed at the Landvetter hotel x

Who gives a better live performance than Morrissey ?

Bruce Springsteen.

Funny the name Springsteen turns up here. I really like the idea of a site specific opener. Moz did a beautiful job singing "Rose Garden" as a tribute to Nashville. During his last tour Bruce did several site specific openers and IMO they were some of the highlights of the tour:

I'm not trying to argue Bruce vs. Morrissey in any way. Both are brilliant performers and amongst my favorites. Just wanted to illustrate the impact of a locally inspired cover to open a show.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe when he finally gets round to playing in Manchester again he could sing the very popular locally inspired anthems 'There Is A Light' or 'Jeanne'...... i'm sure he's heard of them and knows the words

Used to think Moz doing a covers album would be kind of lame, now I want it, and in fact make it a double album!

Well, Moz certainly thought about it. From a Q&A on TTY in 2007:

"I have often planned a covers album, but I always scrap the idea because it seems to be such a standard maneuver now."

I just did a quick-and-dirty edit of the two available versions of Rose Garden to create a single, complete version as a MP3. Sound quality is just okay, and is simply ripped from YouTube, but it should do in a pinch. Hopefully a better quality, complete version will eventually surface.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ktaxjr

I beg your pardon I never promised you a meat free Madison Square Garden
Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little Sushi sometime
When your NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY live and let live and let go oh oh oh oh
I beg your pardon I never promised you a meat free Madison Square Garden

I could promise you things like big MEAT FREE GIGS
But you don't find roses growin' on stalks of clover
So you better think it over
Well, if sweet talking you could make it come true
I would give you the world right now on a silver platter
But what would it matter
So smile for a while and let's be jolly MEAT IS MURDER doesn't mean CHEESE MELANCHOLY
Come along and share the good times while we can

I BEG YOUR PARDON
I NEVER PROMISED YOU A MEAT FREE MADISIN SQUARE GARDEN !

M ! S ! G ! Murder !

F ! Y ! F ! Fest ! Murder !

MAU ! RE ! C ! Is Murder !

AND THATS HOW HE MAKES HIS MONEY !

It's not natural, normal or kind
he thinks thirty three years eating cheese is fine
The curds in his mouth as he savours the flavour of MURDER ! ! ! ! !

He doesn't care ! He doesn't care ! He doesn't care !

Copyright @BTBB

Benny, that's actually quite good! (Apart from the anti- Morrissey theme). Without wanting to side with your opinion in any way, you do frequently surprise me. There's talent in there somewhere.
You see, I reckon:
you do care, you do care, you do care. Fair enough!

Funny the name Springsteen turns up here. I really like the idea of a site specific opener. Moz did a beautiful job singing "Rose Garden" as a tribute to Nashville. During his last tour Bruce did several site specific openers and IMO they were some of the highlights of the tour:

I'm not trying to argue Bruce vs. Morrissey in any way. Both are brilliant performers and amongst my favorites. Just wanted to illustrate the impact of a locally inspired cover to open a show.

You've got to be kidding!
Ok, maybe Springsteen is 'quite good live', and that's reasonably well acknowledged, but come on, for f***s sake, Springsteen songs vs Smiths/Mozza??? McBusted vs Beatles........

Benny, that's actually quite good! (Apart from the anti- Morrissey theme). Without wanting to side with your opinion in any way, you do frequently surprise me. There's talent in there somewhere.
You see, I reckon:
you do care, you do care, you do care. Fair enough!

It's NOT good though is it ?
I really shouldn't have to do this. I'm really disappointed with Steven.
Also don't worry about opinions, it's good to talk and listen to each other, and yes !
I care ! I care ! I care ! ( but I fear its to late now and does Steven care ? )

Thanks for your your feedback.

Hello Tynamuna

Could it be i like you ! (Not everyone gets a response as you may notice)

I like your idea of me re-writing the CrankFraud editions if I ever do it you will be credited and dedicated in the notes, thankyou.
How do I write those songs ? Well it's not really that difficult given that Steven just can't help himself at being stupid, I just check in to solo for all the gossip ( never true to poo, that place is so yesterday ) and then the lyrics just flow something just takes over, like honesty !
On the subject of meeting Steven, I have met him a few times, Mrs Benny is in one of his videos recorded at Blackpool during the National front disco I also made the stage but didn't manage to get in the footage, oh well enough said about that.
One of my biggest influences is a song called Shop Mobility by the Lancashire Hotpots ( I'm sure it willbe on utube somewhere ).

If I ever agree to do an interview it's only with you via solo.

T T F N

Benny-the-British-Butcher ������

P s. I love Gonthengurg, I syayed at the Landvetter hotel x

:rofl: oh Benny you crack me up. I Love your humor even though it might be a bit "cheesy". I would loved to be acknowledge in the crankfraud chronicles. Would i be mention as Tynamuna or Tynamuna the Gouda-girl. Will you ever forgive morris for the Dublin cheese incident? I have had vegan cheese, it taste like Gary buseys old socks, the poor boy is only human. And he is so very talented and sweet

An interview with you, would it be published in the nuthouse musical express. Only joking of course. You are a funny delight :love: (disregarding the anti-moz agenda) it's a shame people don't get your humor :rofl:

If you simply enjoy his music and cut through all the shite around meat is murder, politics and his general odd view on life, the rose garden thing sounds pretty neat, although I did have a flashback to some working mans club In outer Manchester where my long passed away mum dragged me too when I was about 15. Might have been Bernard Manning singing it too, google him if you dare!!

Benny, if you see this, not sure if you made the GB gig but what a great musician and what a great guy. Didn't recognise him at first as he has had his hair cut relatively short. But a lovely person and had no idea that a line in a Dire Straits song was about him! Thanks for making me aware of his talent, wish I had known about him a few years earlier.

Last edited:
If you simply enjoy his music and cut through all the shite around meat is murder, politics and his general odd view on life, the rose garden thing sounds pretty neat, although I did have a flashback to some working mans club In outer Manchester where my long passed away mum dragged me too when I was about 15. Might have been Bernard Manning singing it too, google him if you dare!!

How did the beer fest and George go on Surface ?

he sounds like a singing yogi the bear on those vids.
like hes huffing with no oxygen.

I hope Rose Garden is on the whole tour. I've been thinking it's better than the Frank Valie cover

How about that. I'd never heard of this Lynn Anderson song before, but only in listening to Morrissey sing it here did I realize I'd actually heard it sampled in another song 26 years ago. In 1989 there was a synth pop song called I Beg Your Pardon by a band called Kon Kan. I see now that it takes its title from her song and samples her line about "smile for a while and let's be jolly...". I guess it never occurred to me that that was a sample rather than an original part of that song by someone in the group. Loop closed after all this time!

Her line is sampled for the first time at 1:43

Yes, I remember him mentioning that as well, thanks. It would be considered lame in many circles (and as I said I would have agreed) but the difference is that voice. No one else could put a tastefully selected list of songs through a Mozzer filter. Would also be a good way to test a self released album and not throw away any original material. (I know, I know, he won't consider that either...)

Well, Moz certainly thought about it. From a Q&A on TTY in 2007:

"I have often planned a covers album, but I always scrap the idea because it seems to be such a standard maneuver now."

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the edit Harsh Truth, went to bed hoping to find it in the morning. SUCCESS!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom