Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium (July 3, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

(I Never Promised You A) Rose Garden / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Istanbul / The Bullfighter Dies / Yes, I Am Blind / First Of The Gang To Die / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Now My Heart Is Full / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by floodzonex

Last edited:
I was at the Nashville show and we all knew that we were in for a surprise when he started to sing, but it wasn't right away that I was aware of which song!
It's been popping up in in my head ENDLESSLY for the past few days. It's followed me everywhere; to work, gardening and throwing out the trash.

How about that. I'd never heard of this Lynn Anderson song before, but only in listening to Morrissey sing it here did I realize I'd actually heard it sampled in another song 26 years ago. In 1989 there was a synth pop song called I Beg Your Pardon by a band called Kon Kan. I see now that it takes its title from her song and samples her line about "smile for a while and let's be jolly...". I guess it never occurred to me that that was a sample rather than an original part of that song by someone in the group. Loop closed after all this time!

Her line is sampled for the first time at 1:43

I am right there with you on this. Frankly, I never liked Kon Kan enough to see who they were sampling but as soon as I heard Morrissey going through the song it came right to me. Kon Kan...geez, that brings back memories that are not great!

Last edited by a moderator:
I beg your pardon I never promised you a meat free Madison Square Garden
Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little Sushi sometime
When your NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY live and let live and let go oh oh oh oh

I could promise you things like big MEAT FREE GIGS
But you don't find roses growin' on stalks of clover
So you better think it over
Well, if sweet talking you could make it come true
I would give you the world right now on a silver platter
But what would it matter
So smile for a while and let's be jolly MEAT IS MURDER doesn't mean CHEESE MELANCHOLY
Come along and share the good times while we can

I BEG YOUR PARDON
I NEVER PROMISED YOU A MEAT FREE MADISIN SQUARE GARDEN !

M ! S ! G ! Murder !

F ! Y ! F ! Fest ! Murder !

MAU ! RE ! C ! Is Murder !

AND THATS HOW HE MAKES HIS MONEY !

It's not natural, normal or kind
he thinks thirty three years eating cheese is fine
The curds in his mouth as he savours the flavour of MURDER ! ! ! ! !

He doesn't care ! He doesn't care ! He doesn't care !

Copyright @BTBB

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Such a great song, so sad he's polluted it by singing it and trying to appropriate it to the Crank-Fraud canon. f*** Morrissey. What a tosser. Etc.

best
The Anarchic Anarchist in a Vegan Anarchist squat-commune type thing in Utrecht

FWD has put together a nice multicam video of the opener:

Amazing job by FWD! Amazing version of the song by Moz. Over the past few days I've found myself thinking as follows:

1. This might be the best cover song Morrissey has ever done.
2. It saddens me when he does something amazing like this, yet still floggs "Kick the Bride Down the Aisle", in my mind the absolute low point of his recorded career.

FWD has put together a nice multicam video of the opener:

What still blows me away, in an age of aging singers using monitors for lyrics, is that Morrissey has done the EXACT opposite and not used them.

Nice write up here, it looks like Lynn Anderson's daughter was at the show (if the comments on this link are to be believed). Still a cool thing for Moz to do with that cover: http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashv...never-promised-you-a-rose-garden-at-the-ryman

thanks to all who have put in editing time and took the time to film. thank you and please keep waving your phone at shows

"Kick the Bride Down the Aisle", in my mind the absolute low point of his recorded career.

:lbf: Get a grip. It's definitely a wonderful tune musically and the lyrics are funny and comical in my world (especially in combination with music one would play at a funeral). There is also a stylistic devise he uses in the lyrics when he sings "look at that cow ... in the field", they aren't dumb by all means. Furthermore Harsh Truth, as your name suggests, you should know that there are indeed "harsh truths" on this planet, one being that there ARE women like that. I find it sad that in an age and day of sometimes excessive feminism you can't point such things out without being accused of "hating women" or something like that. It's like political correctness and it's like people who heard TNFD and thought it was racist. They won't ever change their mind about that song which is unfortunate because it's a wonderful song. And, by the way, I am a woman.

Such a great song, so sad he's polluted it by singing it and trying to appropriate it to the Crank-Fraud canon. f*** Morrissey. What a tosser. Etc.

best
The Anarchic Anarchist in a Vegan Anarchist squat-commune type thing in Utrecht

You see, it should have been me.
It could have been me.
Everybody knows, everybody says so.
They say, "Oh, you have loads of songs,
So many songs,
More songs than they can stand --
Verse, chorus, middle eighth break fade"
Just listen,
"La la la" [etc.]

When he walked out on stage he said; Good evening. I am white trash. You can hear it on the lesser quality Rose Garden videos on page 1 of this thread.

Nice to know he has finally come around to making racial slurs about his own race for a chance.

Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little Sushi sometime
When your NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY live and let live and let go oh oh oh oh

I could promise you things like big MEAT FREE GIGS
But you don't find roses growin' on stalks of clover
So you better think it over
Well, if sweet talking you could make it come true
I would give you the world right now on a silver platter
But what would it matter
So smile for a while and let's be jolly MEAT IS MURDER doesn't mean CHEESE MELANCHOLY
Come along and share the good times while we can

I BEG YOUR PARDON
I NEVER PROMISED YOU A MEAT FREE MADISIN SQUARE GARDEN !

M ! S ! G ! Murder !

F ! Y ! F ! Fest ! Murder !

MAU ! RE ! C ! Is Murder !

AND THATS HOW HE MAKES HIS MONEY !

It's not natural, normal or kind
he thinks thirty three years eating cheese is fine
The curds in his mouth as he savours the flavour of MURDER ! ! ! ! !

He doesn't care ! He doesn't care ! He doesn't care !

Copyright @BTBB

"If you check in the mirror you'll find (you'll find)
An asshole (asshole)
Benny (Benny)!"

Do you like my song? I wrote it for you. It needs a bit of work, but I'm quite proud of the harmonies.

T T Y STATEMENT !

NASHVILLE I BEG YOUR PARDON ! ( I'm gonna auction off my signed dairy milk carton )

Such was the success of the opening song, Morrissey and the current Morrissey band 2015 ( A.k.a. The sausage rollers ) have decided to enter the studio and record an entire album of cover versions.
Covering some of Stevens favourite tracks/artists.
It should be available on i-tunes download only at the end of July and a month later there will be a bonus edition, the same release but with some dodgy live footage shot by Sammy Something-or-Other.
Track listing :-

Harvest for the world : The Islay Brothers
Take a chance on me : Abba
Violater : Depeche Mode
Dairy days : Bruce Springsteen
I beg your pardon I never promised a meat free square garden : Lynn Anderson
Give pizza a chance : John and Yoko
Gypsies tramps and cheese : Cher
Like a vegan (but not) : Madonna
I can't go back to savoury now : John Shuttleworth
The great pretender : The Platters
I veal love : Donna Summer
Would I lie to you : Charles and Eddie
For Nandos : Abba
The Plaice I love : The jam

Please support Steven and the sausage rollers by downloading both

Also please note that Steven remains without a recording contract despite the fact that he is the chosen one and can sellout any arena without any publicity on a global level not only that but he also raised a load of bread for some animal sanctuary by signing a drum head ! ( you won't catch Bryan May doing shit like that I can tell ya ! )

Whatever happens I love you, forget my feta and not my face.

4ck Harvest as always

4ck The Queen

4ck T G O BB

4ck that Benny the Bastard

Love Steven and Damon x x

"If you check in the mirror you'll find (you'll find)
An asshole (asshole)
Benny (Benny)!"

Do you like my song? I wrote it for you. It needs a bit of work, but I'm quite proud of the harmonies.

Tell the truth now !
I don't for one minute believe you wrote this without any help.
The more I read it the more I think your carer has wrote it and you just typed it out !

Come on Benny has set the bar high you really are gonna have to raise your game big time if you are to take part, now be off with you and I shall be having words with your carer as well.

You see, it should have been me.
It could have been me.
Everybody knows, everybody says so.
They say, "Oh, you have loads of songs,
So many songs,
More songs than they can stand --
Verse, chorus, middle eighth break fade"
Just listen,
"La la la" [etc.]

Unfortunately for you, BB chose not to become famous as an act of rebellion against punk frauds like Lydon and Morrissey. The current position is limited performances of material but no releases and certainly no pandering to the commercial prostitution of Art which has been Morrissey's 30 year Civil Service length Careerist hallmark. But you've stopped going on about The Guardian so you're making progress Well done!

The Anarchist Archivist in Utrecht

T T Y STATEMENT !

NASHVILLE I BEG YOUR PARDON ! ( I'm gonna auction off my signed dairy milk carton )

Such was the success of the opening song, Morrissey and the current Morrissey band 2015 ( A.k.a. The sausage rollers ) have decided to enter the studio and record an entire album of cover versions.
It should be available on i-tunes download only at the end of July and a month later there will be a bonus edition, the same release but with some dodgy live footage shot by Sammy Something-or-Other.

Also please note that Steven remains without a recording contract despite the fact that he is the chosen one and can sellout any arena without any publicity on a global level not only that but he also raised a load of bread for some animal sanctuary by signing a drum head ! ( you won't catch Bryan May doing shit like that I can tell ya ! )

4ck Harvest as always

4ck The Queen

4ck T G O BB

I Can't Go Back To Savoury Now - John Shuttleworth - YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8eh72REd_s

Can't stop laughing benny

:lbf: Get a grip. It's definitely a wonderful tune musically and the lyrics are funny and comical in my world (especially in combination with music one would play at a funeral). There is also a stylistic devise he uses in the lyrics when he sings "look at that cow ... in the field", they aren't dumb by all means. Furthermore Harsh Truth, as your name suggests, you should know that there are indeed "harsh truths" on this planet, one being that there ARE women like that. I find it sad that in an age and day of sometimes excessive feminism you can't point such things out without being accused of "hating women" or something like that. It's like political correctness and it's like people who heard TNFD and thought it was racist. They won't ever change their mind about that song which is unfortunate because it's a wonderful song. And, by the way, I am a woman.

TNFD is my favorite Morrissey song, funnily enough. I'm glad you like Kick the Bride. I suppose someone has to.

Makes me wonder if he's taking on a different approach to attract a record label. Perhaps? Better yet, the question now hangs heavy in the air: will he do something fantastic and surprising like this again "Up in Michigan"?

In Michigan, maybe he will cover the Stooges' "No Fun" or Ted Nugent's "Free for All". :D

T T Y STATEMENT !

4ck Harvest as always

4ck The Queen

4ck T G O BB

T T Y STATEMENT ( UPDATE )

UK RECORD STORE SIGNINGS

Morrissey will be signing a very limited number of his latest release on vinyl ( available in store on the day limited to 23 per person ). Titled ' KERRYGOLD ' It features a host of songs that have had a huge influence on his vegetarian career.
"I've wanted to do this album since the earth was created" he said in an e-mail interview with his Mum Betty, " I just hope those that didn't make the final track listing won't be to put out, but who knows ? ( now that's what I call music only meant to release one album ! and they're still "churning" it out ! ( KERCHING! ).
KERRYGOLD also features a rare collaboration with John Shuttleworth on the track ' Can't go back to savoury now ', " I've always admired Johns work, particularly live, he doesn't ' perform ' he's not a circus act or seal, but something just takes over, it's so joyful and celebratory"

17th August :- GO RECORDS COTTINGHAM RD KINGSTON UPON HULL. doors open 10:00 am

19th August :- VINYL BOUTIQUE RECORDS 88 PARKWAY CAMDEN TOWN. doors open 10:13 am

Please note Morrissey will only be signing vinyl copies of KERRYGOLD purchased in store on the day (one photo per person but strictly no saying "cheese" )

KERRYGOLD limited vinyl £ 33:99
SIGNITURE. £ 9:99
+ a free signed drum skin signed to a local animal sanctuary for every £1,500 made on the day, please fill in the animal sanctuary of your choice slip on the door.
Please note anyone called Benny will be ejected without rhyme or reason.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom