"Speedway" at Madison Square Garden video by Sam Esty Rayner

Morrissey - Speedway
Madison square garden, June 27
Video by Sam Esty Rayner

Description:
A very special rendition of 'Speedway' at The Garden in New York. The band, on form, showing their talent by switching instruments. A relaxed Morrissey at the top of his flight. I felt tremendous pride (as I always do) watching uncle as I filmed much of the show... more footage to follow...

Sam Esty Rayner Photography

Last edited by a moderator:
"Comments are disabled for this video."

Why?

gustavo is almost showing us his religion in those pants... bet moz loves it
This version shows us how moz really does not care for his fans and is totally self indulgent ... one of his most loved songs and the climax of the lyrical thrust and he spends it limply banging a tambourine . The last couple of tours with the accapella insert were a great idea ... this indulgence is shite

This is just the beginning. In future tours he will sit out entire songs, breathing oxygen from the side of the stage, occasionally venturing out to mumble a verse while Gustavo does all the heavy lifting.

"Comments are disabled for this video."

Why?

Because he doesn't care for criticism. The comments for the Kiss Me A Lot video were hilarious, cruel, and spot on. For the 24 hours or so that they existed.
I imagine poor nephew Sam is afraid of a repeat.

This version shows us how moz really does not care for his fans and is totally self indulgent ... one of his most loved songs and the climax of the lyrical thrust and he spends it limply banging a tambourine . The last couple of tours with the accapella insert were a great idea ... this indulgence is shite

I remember the first time I saw this song in concert, (Maladjusted era) it was a barn-stormer. Left me slack jawed and in awe of the band and Morrissey as a cohesive unit. He's played it to death over the last few tours, and it just seems more lacking with each one. It's a situation where it may be time to let it go for a few years, if not forever until he can find the passion to do it justice again.
Ah well. There's always this. https://youtu.be/hMW_n5XNG_A

Hahahaha, loving Boz on the drums :p

Sam what's he called ? Hmmmm ! Is he the stupid prick who failed big time with his tit-fest video ?
GET A PROPER JOB SAMMY LAD ! YOUR SHIT AND YOU/WE KNOW YOU ARE !

P.S. ! Next time you invite Uncle Tosserrey for Christmas get a false tree FFS ! You thick twunt.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I can see your point but I also like that he's not to precious about it

I think that was awesome.I really enjoyed that.I think the switch was really cool.

I generally try to be nice, but goodness gracious what is that? I know they have done this switch on Speedway, but I had be hesitant to watch it because I want the first time I see it to be live. Ugh. Gustavo plays a very nice solo on Staircase but that is his 'talent' (see SER's description).

It is true though, Morrissey's vocal sounds very, very good. Very strong. (But take the mike off the stand and move around a bit!, we miss it!)

Slaughtering the end of such a fantastic song with a common voice is criminal, I'm kidding. No, like many people who love his records, I dunno how some of you bother yourselves to endure this in concert. I have stopped seeing him live a couple of years ago and I'm doing very well. The place of Gustavo is in Enrique Iglesias's backing band, and nowhere else. goodnight and thank you.

The band, on form, showing their talent by switching instruments.

Hmmmm, how very humasexual of them.

I remember the first time I saw this song in concert, (Maladjusted era) it was a barn-stormer. Left me slack jawed and in awe of the band and Morrissey as a cohesive unit. He's played it to death over the last few tours, and it just seems more lacking with each one. It's a situation where it may be time to let it go for a few years, if not forever until he can find the passion to do it justice again.
Ah well. There's always this. https://youtu.be/hMW_n5XNG_A

The video doesn't really do it justice. He has played it quite a bit over the last tours to the point where I have seen him play it live five times. It always one of the highlights, but my first memory of hearing it live is quite like your's--"a barnstormer." Madison Square Garden compared to that initial memory. Until Gustavo started singing.

Which is not because he is a bad singer, because he is not. It's just as someone else pointed out, the climax is such an important part of the song. I've always felt like Speedway was the quintessential Morrissey song and to see Morrissey not singing on one its most important points is just...it changes things.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom