Cincinnati, OH - Aronoff Center for the Arts (June 30, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / First Of The Gang To Die / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Yes, I Am Blind / Istanbul / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / The Bullfighter Dies / Now My Heart Is Full / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by ThievesLikeUs

Last edited:
I thought it was a great show last night! I loved th noe fact that he brought attention to some of the police brutality that is going on today in this country. I was very happy that he showed video of the cops shooting the dogs. It is hard to watch as an animal lover but I think it is so important to bring these issues to light. This is happening so much today! Google it - you would be surprised to learn that incidents like this are happening almost daily! It was not the first time seeing some of the clips but I thought it was great for him to get this out to a broader audience. We need to stop sticking our heads in the sand and be aware of what's happening. I give kudos to Moz for bringing light to these subjects! There are so few entertainers that have any sort of a message in their music today. I think it's great he is using his fame to help those without a voice.

For those of you who were shocked by this just an FYI there is this thing called the internet and it's kind of like having an encyclopedia at your fingertips. Try doing some research first so you will know what you are getting yourself into. I give him huge props for going out and doing what he wants to do! I was not very well versed on the new album but really enjoyed hearing the new songs live. I also thought the energy of the crowd was very high throughout the whole show. So glad I went! Great to see such an icon!

shooting dogs on no knock warrants while blindly throwing flash grenades into children's cribs to arrest someone who isn't even there

Did anyone happen to get video of What She Said and the invaders? Looking for video confirmation. Thanks in advance.

There probably is, so many people were on their phones. Quite a few folks around me spent most of the show looking down.

Were you one of the hopefuls?

People just don't know the art of getting on stage fast. First they would huddle(attracting the attention of his security) then slowly put one knee up on stage and pull themselves up. It was like watching a slow motion movie. At this point the security were already on them. One smart guy during the encore waited till the other invaders were being grabbed and while security was busy got a nice big hug from Moz. Smart guy, wait for a distraction and pounce :)

There probably is, so many people were on their phones. Quite a few folks around me spent most of the show looking down.

Were you one of the hopefuls?

People just don't know the art of getting on stage fast. First they would huddle(attracting the attention of his security) then slowly put one knee up on stage and pull themselves up. It was like watching a slow motion movie. At this point the security were already on them. One smart guy during the encore waited till the other invaders were being grabbed and while security was busy got a nice big hug from Moz. Smart guy, wait for a distraction and pounce :)

make a distraction. have your friends do the slow huddle on the left side of the stage and let security pounce while you quickly go up the right

I agree. Distasteful. He continues to alienate fans, he is alsurrounded by yes men (you could tell that from his last album: which was mediocre with the potential of being really good, if someone would have donateda spine).
I am finished with his shows and defending him......I will continue to buy his music, only from the "used" section. Morrissey will steal from me no more.

QUOTE=Anonymous;1986926777]Disgraceful! Last time he came to town in 1994 he walked off after 27 minutes at the Taft theatre and left everyone angry. I wish it was sooner this time. In case you didn't notice the flags at half staff when you strolled into town Morrissey the video in Ganglords of Police Brutality was utterly inappropriate. Less than a week ago the entire city lined the streets to pay homage to a fallen police officer Sonny Kim who slaughtered as a Suicide by cop incident. The complete opposite of what you were showing. Instead of spending months digging up clips of police brutality of them beating up people in wheel chairs how about spending 1 weeks scouring the internet of them getting shot up by your "Innocent" citizens. You went to way to far and I am no longer going to another show and retiring my concerts shirts. No one was happy in the section I was standing in and the show never recovered. Little applause after that. Most of the people I was around and including myself just returned from U2 in Chicago where they talk about helping the world and ending sickness and hunger that makes you feel good and you preach hatred for the world? By the way you have figured out you are too old to take your shirt off anymore and get a new program. Meat is Murder with the video you did last tour and are still running it. Saw it Columbus. Red lights,gong etc. Got it! Move on. Changing the video to a 3rd world countries slaughterhouse manners is not my problem and won't change me. "Thats my excuse." Funny my human verification for spam on this website was FISH TACOS? So long, its been fun as a fan until now. GoodNight and Thank You.[/QUOTE]

Disgraceful! ...

... Most of the people I was around and including myself just returned from U2 in Chicago where they talk about helping the world and ending sickness and hunger that makes you feel good and you preach hatred for the world? ...

GoodNight and Thank You.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

p.s. actually, this is tragic, if comes from an adult.

Some kind soul recorded most of the show(up to MIM)Not the best view, but not too shabby either :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey was full of energy tonight in Cincinnati, and displayed his wit for the Porkopolis crowd. (He later commented on Cincinnati once being known as "the Pork city, which just goes to show the past is full of shit", before launching into Meat is Murder.)

your videos sound great ! thanks for sharing.

do you have the whole show?
cheers from Australia !!!!
:horny::guitar:

u2 plays to sold out stadiums. moz cant sell out tiny venues in 'akron' and 'cincinnati'.

U2 certainly sold out. Some time in the 80's, wasn't it? Right about the time Bono put his yoga classes to good use and climbed completely up his own ass.

Let these Midwestern/Southern hick people have their say, just like places in Denmark, Croatia, and Australia who haven't seen Morrissey in 15 years, because he always cancels or just skips their cities , but NOW Morrissey really needs the money, so he is hitting up all these places now. They haven't been able to have Morrissey drama in so long, they need to let it out.

Do you really think he likes playing on Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, and Illinois? Anonymous-

He has successfully managed to brush off Milwaukee, Wisconsin since 2009. He used to play there.

your videos sound great ! thanks for sharing.

do you have the whole show?
cheers from Australia !!!!
:horny::guitar:

Glad to share! I only recorded five songs (videos below), as I was torn between doing the 'Japanese tourist' thing versus savoring the concert experience.

Interesting moment (at 0:23) - Moz growls, "There's gonna be a showdown!"

Interesting moment (at 0:08) - Security team stops stage invader--they'd heard that one before.

Interesting moment - Ahem, well...it is a song about crashing bores...

Interesting moment (at 2:07) - An exasperated Morrissey exhorts us to sing along, making a grunting noise that loosely translates as "Come on and sing with me, you gormless spectators!" Jolted into action by his emphatic prompting, we finally sing along. Sadly, the US does not have the natural singing culture found in England's green and pleasant land (I blame it on Puritanism).

Interesting moment (at 0:50) - One of the brave ones ascends to a higher plane, receiving his reward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Main stage invasion seems to of been cut out of the vid, it was right after the song started. About 4-5 people tried to get to Moz, but only one guy got his hug in. Then the guy at :51 got his. The security guys wrestle'd some girl and tossed her hard into the pit.

He dropped "Neal Cassady Drops Dead" from the Akron set list. Amazing what that small change made to the pace of the show. Honestly, I was glad to see the change but not thrilled to have one less song in the list.

mama lay your head softly was the replacement

U2 certainly sold out. Some time in the 80's, wasn't it? Right about the time Bono put his yoga classes to good use and climbed completely up his own ass.
i dont know what thats supposed to mean. i do know that moz cant even sell out the 30 tickets for the pit in these tiny far out in the boondock places hes relegated to playing.
also u2 has a record contract.

"He played Neal Cassady in Akron. I was there. He muffed up the rap but otherwise it was fine."

You're right. What I was trying to say was that he played almost the same set list from Akron minus "Neal Cassady".

Main stage invasion seems to of been cut out of the vid, it was right after the song started. About 4-5 people tried to get to Moz, but only one guy got his hug in. Then the guy at :51 got his. The security guys wrestle'd some girl and tossed her hard into the pit.

I take full responsibility for the missing segment. Morrissey warned that there was going to be a showdown, and I was slow on the draw. I humbly resign my position as Cincinnati's amateur Morrissey videographer.

Last edited:

Yes, and do you know why? Because there is money to be made with U2. Did you think it's because of the beautiful music? Ha ha ha ha ha. Sorry to shatter your dream but as long as you can make money out of U2 they don't give a shit about the music.

I take full responsibility for the missing segment. Morrissey warned that there was going to be a showdown, and I was slow on the draw. I humbly resign my position as Cincinnati's amateur Morrissey videographer.

Amateur or not, your vids are greatly appreciated :)

i dont know what thats supposed to mean. i do know that moz cant even sell out the 30 tickets for the pit in these tiny far out in the boondock places hes relegated to playing.

Bono and the boys probably aren't "difficult" when dealing with the business and finance people in their lives. Morrissey, on the other hand, likely speaks his mind for better or for worse, which is near a high crime these days.

Last edited:
Some numskull needs to be eviscerated for making this show's thread Bono central.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom