Akron, OH - Akron Civic Theatre (June 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / First Of The Gang To Die / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Yes, I Am Blind / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / The Bullfighter Dies / Now My Heart Is Full / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by ThievesLikeUs

• Morrissey Shows Why He's a Singular Talent by Jeff Niesel, photos by Joe Kleon (25 total) - Cleveland Scene. Link posted by an anonymous person.

akron.jpg

Last edited:
FANTASTIC SHOW! I've seen him over a dozen time and this one was phenomenal. Straight out of the gate with the nod to Chrissie Hynde, then into Suedehead. He looked in great health- voice was booming- he was interacting with the front of the stage fans. Early in the show a fan in the pit yelled "We love you", to which he replied "back at you." Ganglord was stunning set against the backdrop of police brutality. Speedway started out as an adrenaline rush, but as Morrissey does, he allowed Gustavo to sing the ending in Spanish. Those lyrics at the end are so powerful that it was lost on most of the crowd (sorry to his Spanish speaking fans here). The first Smiths song was half way through his set with Stop Me. The crowd went nuts. Yes I Am Blind is one of my favorite songs from the Kill Uncle period-- it was a nice addition tonight. Very moving. Now My Heart is Full was emotional as Moz stood behind the mic singing loudly and with purpose. But honestly, the highlight (if there could be one among all), was next with Far Off Places. The music was tight- the band sounded incredible- with the drums resonating off the walls of the civic hall. It looked to me as if Morrissey was having a great time singing this song. Meat is Murder, as has been described here, was a poignant moment in the show. The crowd was silent as the video of animal slaughter played in the backdrop, the stage bathed in red lights- Morrissey singing "KFC IS MURDER!". The last song before the encore was Everyday is Like Sunday before he went off for a moment before the encore. What She Said got the crowd (the place holds 5,000 and it looked to me around 90% full from my vantage point) on its feet for the ending. Moz, now dressed in a dark grey shirt with PETA sticker on the front pocket, sounded as if it were the first song. One brave girl to my left tried to jump onstage but was pounced on by security. Morrissey didn't seem to notice her struggle with the two large men. No stage invaders. He threw his shirt off, attempting to get it into the first few rows, and a lucky fan in the pit jumped to grab it. Lights up. WOW!

Right. The ones I found are row EEE (5th row of pit) but will be $600 for 2 tickets . Really want to but, that's a LOT!

There were pit tickets available for Akron, but cheapest was $500 per seat, and the others were $1,000 per. Ridiculous. The third row carried a face value of $59.50, and I paid $88.

FANTASTIC SHOW! I've seen him over a dozen time and this one was phenomenal. Straight out of the gate with the nod to Chrissie Hynde, then into Suedehead. He looked in great health- voice was booming- he was interacting with the front of the stage fans. Early in the show a fan in the pit yelled "We love you", to which he replied "back at you." Ganglord was stunning set against the backdrop of police brutality. Speedway started out as an adrenaline rush, but as Morrissey does, he allowed Gustavo to sing the ending in Spanish. Those lyrics at the end are so powerful that it was lost on most of the crowd (sorry to his Spanish speaking fans here). The first Smiths song was half way through his set with Stop Me. The crowd went nuts. Yes I Am Blind is one of my favorite songs from the Kill Uncle period-- it was a nice addition tonight. Very moving. Now My Heart is Full was emotional as Moz stood behind the mic singing loudly and with purpose. But honestly, the highlight (if there could be one among all), was next with Far Off Places. The music was tight- the band sounded incredible- with the drums resonating off the walls of the civic hall. It looked to me as if Morrissey was having a great time singing this song. Meat is Murder, as has been described here, was a poignant moment in the show. The crowd was silent as the video of animal slaughter played in the backdrop, the stage bathed in red lights- Morrissey singing "KFC IS MURDER!". The last song before the encore was Everyday is Like Sunday before he went off for a moment before the encore. What She Said got the crowd (the place holds 5,000 and it looked to me around 90% full from my vantage point) on its feet for the ending. Moz, now dressed in a dark grey shirt with PETA sticker on the front pocket, sounded as if it were the first song. One brave girl to my left tried to jump onstage but was pounced on by security. Morrissey didn't seem to notice her struggle with the two large men. No stage invaders. He threw his shirt off, attempting to get it into the first few rows, and a lucky fan in the pit jumped to grab it. Lights up. WOW!

sounds good and glad youn had fun

Looks like a well-paced setlist.

Great show. Yes, Moz's voice sounded spectacular. I last saw him in Columbus in 2013, one or two days before he went into the hospital. That was a fine show, but then he looked as though he was working through illness. Last night he just sounded and looked healthy and as though he was having a fine time. Slightly more talkative than other times I've seen him. I took my nine-year-old daughter--it was her first real concert. She's been a Morrissey/Smiths fan since she was a baby. Very cool (and a little strange) to be sharing the music and one of the idols of my youth with her.

No disturbing footage, police brutality, animals being slaughtered? No one has mentioned this, I wonder if he stopped this. I know in recent shows the fans were not pleased, especially those who didn't expect it. For me, I was to upset to enjoy the show and I did not leave feeling like I normally do after a Morrissey concert and by the remarks people were making as we were exiting the concert, they were highly disturbed. Also, there were children at the show, so I'm sure the parents didnt expect these videos either.

Last edited:
No disturbing footage, police brutality, animals being slaughtered? No one has mentioned this, I wonder if he stopped this. I know in recent shows the fans were not pleased, especially those who didn't expect it. For me, I was to upset to enjoy the show and I did not leave feeling like I normally do after a Morrissey concert and by the remarks people were making as we were exiting the concert, they were highly disturbed. Also, there were children at the show, so I'm sure the parents didnt expect these videos either.

You're not the one who yelled "Asshole!" during "Meat is Murder," are you?

As for kids being there, it's a parent's job to make sure a venue and show are kid friendly. It takes seconds to research anything in this day and age. It also takes seconds to close your eyes (my kid did at MSG).

Do I seem like I would have shouted that? I am in Massachusetts...and I posted something peacefully. An opinion. I'm sorry only Morrissey is allowed to have an opinion and it's always right?

It took me a second to see something I didn't want to see, I've taken my children to Morrissey concerts in the past as well. And as far as reviewing Morrissey concerts, I've been to several and I have never, not once, been disturbed. As Morrissey concerts usually are peaceful I had no reason to believe this would occur.

I love him, I'm a huge fan and always have been. But I dont agree with this way of doing it. My opinion :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I avoided reading about his concert so I'd be surprised by the set list. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

That's the point; the videos are meant to be disturbing. Obviously, people can look away or close their eyes if they don't want to witness human cruelty, but if just one person is so disturbed that he or she commits to making a change, then Morrissey has done something positive. Of course, it's just easier to pretend these horrible atrocities never happen. Also, the Meat is Murder video has been played consistently on the past few tours, so I'm not sure why people are surprised to see it. As for children being at the concert, it's up to the parents to research the show beforehand to make sure that it is an appropriate event for their child to see.

lynnda

There were pit tickets available for Akron, but cheapest was $500 per seat, and the others were $1,000 per. Ridiculous. The third row carried a face value of $59.50, and I paid $88.

I got DDD today (4th row pit) from Stubhub for Chicago and paid...a lot. But it's worth it. Only for him! :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom