Seeking information for Margaret Dale documentary

dearmorrisseydocumentary writes:

Attention members of Solo, I am working on obtaining rights to the letters of a Miss Margaret Dale who from my research used this site and may have been in contact with many of you. If you are willing, once all legal rights are granted, to share a little bit about your relationship with her/etc and your reasons for visiting the Solo site/being a Morrissey fan please email me directly.

[email protected]

Related item:

I have a feeling that a lot of the recollections wouldn't be ones you'd want to put in a tribute documentary.

MD was a real twat. I don't know where she came from. I never saw her when I was touring in the 90s or the early 2000s. I had the displeasure of meeting her once in Las Vegas. The girl I met was wretched. I can't possibly know why anyone would care to make a documentary about her. I'd rather blind myself than watch it.

MD was a real twat. I don't know where she came from. I never saw her when I was touring in the 90s or the early 2000s. I had the displeasure of meeting her once in Las Vegas. The girl I met was wretched. I can't possibly know why anyone would care to make a documentary about her. I'd rather blind myself than watch it.

Absolutely correct.

She was viewed with anything between concern and contempt by all and sundry, then there was much scrambling after she committed suicide, particularly after Morrissey's ludicrous statement

Absolutely correct.

She was viewed with anything between concern and contempt by all and sundry, then there was much scrambling after she committed suicide, particularly after Morrissey's ludicrous statement

Amazing i clicked on the link and read all the "rip" and "poor Margret" in the comments. And here people are bashing her. Unbelivable

Amazing i clicked on the link and read all the "rip" and "poor Margret" in the comments. And here people are bashing her. Unbelivable

That's probably because she was a total bitch to a lot of people. BUT, she had a lot of issues and insecurities, so I don't think that she necessarily meant to be that way; it's just the way these things manifested themselves in social situations. I didn't know her well at all personally. I only met her a handful of times at shows, but I do know a few people that became somewhat close to her regardless of her on and off again shittiness, and really liked her. The people bashing her might sound harsh, but she did rub many people the wrong way so some of it might be justified, regardless of her being dead or not.

It's not amazing Tynamuna, it's tragic.
There was so much bitching on here and Silly Steven used it for publicity and came out with a really crass " tty statement "

At the end of the day somebody's precious Daughter left us behind.

Rest in peace Margret

Benny-the-British-Butcher

It's not amazing Tynamuna, it's tragic.
There was so much bitching on here and Silly Steven used it for publicity and came out with a really crass " tty statement "

At the end of the day somebody's precious Daughter left us behind.

Rest in peace Margret

Benny-the-British-Butcher ������
You know i meant the amazing in a sarcastic way, benford

- - - Updated - - -

That's probably because she was a total bitch to a lot of people. BUT, she had a lot of issues and insecurities, so I don't think that she necessarily meant to be that way; it's just the way these things manifested themselves in social situations. I didn't know her well at all personally. I only met her a handful of times at shows, but I do know a few people that became somewhat close to her regardless of her on and off again shittiness, and really liked her. The people bashing her might sound harsh, but she did rub many people the wrong way so some of it might be justified, regardless of her being dead or not.
My problem is that they cried for her after her death, then they showed their true colors in this thread. Why the fakeness, be true from the beginnig. I did not know her, but whoever she was or what problems she had, i hope she is at peace. I'm just wondering how is it possible for him/her to get the rights to her letters now that she is dead. How can he/she make it into a doc. Maybe Margret did not want this.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know i meant the amazing in a sarcastic way, benford

- - - Updated - - -

My problem is that they cried for her after her death, then they showed their true colors in this thread. Why the fakeness, be true from the beginnig. I did not know her, but whoever she was or what problems she had, i hope she is at peace. I'm just wondering how is it possible for him/her to get the rights to her letters now that she is dead. How can he/she make it into a doc. Maybe Margret did not want this.

I think we should just leave Margret to rest in peace

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Your problem is being nosey.
You should learn to stay away from this kind of threads in future.

A user Tammy Waynette and other anonymous users did not post the obituary thread.
Like you, they spoke out their thoughts in here.

In fact the majority of users who posted their genuine condolences seem to refrain from posting this thread.

She was always kind and very pleasant with me.. she devoted time to complete a book of lyrics and turned it into a book. Its a shame that book couldn't have been produced on a larger scale. There are a lot of fans who are awful to a lot of people but they are looked at as quasi Moz celebrities or followed on IG like they are.

-C

Your problem is being nosey.
You should learn to stay away from this kind of threads in future.

A user Tammy Waynette and other anonymous users did not post the obituary thread.
Like you, they spoke out their thoughts in here.

In fact the majority of users who posted their genuine condolences seem to refrain from posting this thread.

Excuse me? I stay away from the threads i want to. Of course they have right to speak their opinions. Do you think i don't know that? I was just talking about this issues in general. Sry if it sounded directed to them. People say somethings after someone passes and another after they die.

Being nosey is no problem of mine. I'm quite happy being nosey, so whatever.

Ps. Tammy and anon if you never send her condolences then you have been always true to yourself. I apologies for any inconvinence

Last edited by a moderator:
Merely my humble opinion and not a critique of others.
I'm pretty sure 2 simple rules apply in this case, assuming people can show manners anymore:
Don't speak ill of the dead.
If you have nothing nice to say, then keep quiet and don't reveal more about yourself than the person you are berating.
As for being 'nosey', given the site's free speech policy, I'm pretty sure free to read and free to comment would apply also.
I wish as much enthusiasm was applied to ridding threads of superfluous, off topic distractions (especially in gig sections) by encouraging them to be free with their speech elsewhere instead of highlighting innocuous comments.
As for making a documentary using someone's private letters - makes it all a little macabre for me and unless tastefully done, could descend in to riducule which isn't respectful of the family who go on living or the deceased.
Regards,
FWD

Last edited:
Just because someone dies doesn't automatically transform them into a saint. Sadly, the truth was that Margaret was not a pleasant character in life. She obviously had her own issues, but on tour most people either didn't get on with her or bitched about her behind her back. All the false platitudes and fake tears after she died were frankly sickening.

I'm not sure what value any documentary would be, for anyone involved. Let the poor girl rest in peace.

I like your thinking. By the way, how's pottery Moz doing?

P.

image.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom