Morrissey's "look" each tour

butley

I find it quite interesting that Morrissey wears the same clothes, mostly, throughout each tour. Though he has a different "uniform" on each tour.
I bet most of us would recognise which tour certain outfits came from.
I wonder how much thought goes into it?

I find it quite interesting that Morrissey wears the same clothes, mostly, throughout each tour. Though he has a different "uniform" on each tour.

I'm guessing a lot though how serious that thought is is harder to speculate

I like the priest getup.

I think there goes some thought into it even with the recent outfits which are so despised by everybody. But I'm always much more fascinated with his jewelries because here I am absolutely convinced that every ring and every necklace has a meaning. I am also fascinated because I know that many of it is from fans which means that these travel with him. I remember several people here commenting that they gave him a dog tag and I now think that he keeps them all which is nice for fans to know that he doesn't throw everything away. This is actually a topic I would love to ask him about or would love that SOMEONE asks him about it. I also remember that he wore a James Dean tie in 2008 and got criticized because it looked awful but this wasn't the point at all since this tie was also a gift from a fan. Sorry for the long post.

CHuZ2eAWsAEb3RA.jpg

When and where was that? (I would say 2011) And what is wrong with him here? I think he looks pretty ill. :(

CHuZ2eAWsAEb3RA.jpg

When and where was that? (I would say 2011) And what is wrong with him here? I think he looks pretty ill. :(

I know :( thank god he is better now :) My heart will shatter if anything ever happens to him.

CHuZ2eAWsAEb3RA.jpg

Oh ... although butley said "I bet most of us would recognise which tour certain outfits came from" I really can't tell with this one. I, too, think it's from 2011 but that's it. Well, one thing is for sure, that he certainly hasn't worn it privately. ;)

I know :( thank god he is better now :) My heart will shatter if anything ever happens to him.

"There were times when I could have murdered HIM but, you know, I would hate anything to happen to HIM."

Pretty much this sentiment then, I guess ...

"There were times when I could have murdered HIM but, you know, I would hate anything to happen to HIM."

Pretty much this sentiment then, I guess ...

Well i always say, WHEN i meet morrissey again. I don't know if i would a) kick him b) kiss him c) cursing god for not bestowing any witty, off-beat naturality upon me to show him or D) falling at his feet blubering "why don't you luuuvhf me"

I get frustrated at the man, but i eat and adore the soil that man walks on. I belive i"m harshest at the people i love the most, because a) i have a beautiful image(sometimes very faulty and surreal) of them, when broken i become very distraught or b) i know that they will leave me one day, so it better to make them belive that i don't care about them and push them away rather than be left behind. I would be devastated if moz dies. I will go before him that is it, no other way is possible. I wish he will live for many more years to come, because my lifespan is locked to him. When he goes i do. Can't live in a world knowing he is not there.

On a lighter note..... He looks like a south american preacher in that suit. A shady one, that convinces the villagers of the Island he converted to christianity to give him money to build them a church, but then he just runs away with the money and the the village elder's youngest daugther
:rofl: hola! esteban :brows: my god, that hair those eyebrows that face!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's hoping the white track suit makes an appearance again soon.

It was from 2012 in Chile. I don't think Moz was ill in this photo...he'd go on to tour that whole spring and summer with very few hangups.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/content/622-Morrissey-with-designer-Ricardo-Oyarzún-photo

I think he was. I quite good remember video from Viña del Mar, Moz looked like a person with a fever. But his red shirt... and black satin one... oh, I've been always adoring his shirts :blushing: but not Van Noten's, though (don't even speak about this horrible track suit, no...) And I don't know why, but although I don't like men's jewellery at all... Morrissey is an exception, as always. Maybe because it really suits him... Love his bracelet in "Entretien a Rome" video))

Last edited:
It was from 2012 in Chile. I don't think Moz was ill in this photo...he'd go on to tour that whole spring and summer with very few hangups.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/content/622-Morrissey-with-designer-Ricardo-Oyarzún-photo

Thank you. Yes, Chile 2012. I remember now but I still think he doesn't look right. I can't explain why. And when you say "with very few hangups" I just say "maybe he just didn't show his hangups". After all, I thought in 2011 there weren't many hangups either but Moz clearly states in his book that it was a difficult year (but then, which year isn't difficult in the world of Moz?). Anyway, why does it always look like he is wearing no underpants? Look at his crotch. He looks strange in those pants.

Anyway, why does it always look like he is wearing no underpants? Look at his crotch. He looks strange in those pants.

Eh ... Maybe it looks like he's wearing no underpants because ... well ... because he doesn't wear any underpants. Just a rough guess ...

Well i always say, WHEN i meet morrissey again. I don't know if i would a) kick him b) kiss him c) cursing god for not bestowing any witty, off-beat naturality upon me to show him or D) falling at his feet blubering "why don't you luuuvhf me"

I get frustrated at the man, but i eat and adore the soil that man walks on. I belive i"m harshest at the people i love the most, because a) i have a beautiful image(sometimes very faulty and surreal) of them, when broken i become very distraught or b) i know that they will leave me one day, so it better to make them belive that i don't care about them and push them away rather than be left behind. I would be devastated if moz dies. I will go before him that is it, no other way is possible. I wish he will live for many more years to come, because my lifespan is locked to him. When he goes i do. Can't live in a world knowing he is not there.

On a lighter note..... He looks like a south american preacher in that suit. A shady one, that convinces the villagers of the Island he converted to christianity to give him money to build them a church, but then he just runs away with the money and the the village elder's youngest daugther
:rofl: hola! esteban :brows: my god, that hair those eyebrows that face!

Hopefully you find your self worth sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom