New Orleans, LA - Saenger Theater (June 11, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Will Never Marry / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Not A Man / My Dearest Love / Scandinavia / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat is Murder / Now My Heart Is Full // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Abrahan

Last edited:
Not the most talkative I've seen him, but he didn't seem to be annoyed by anything, either. I will try to remember some of the banter but since I wasn't recording this is just paraphased from memory:

After taking the stage: "Bonjour Monsiurs and Madomoiselles" (perhaps a nod to the city's French heritage)

http://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/2015/06/morrisseys_us_tour_opener_at_t.html

I think the French pleasantries are more signs to Blue Rose--with his pessoas on Twitter--Fifi and Astraea.

The Rat may have something!

Not the most talkative I've seen him, but he didn't seem to be annoyed by anything, either. I will try to remember some of the banter but since I wasn't recording this is just paraphased from memory:

After taking the stage: "Bonjour Monsiurs and Madomoiselles" (perhaps a nod to the city's French heritage)

After a few songs - "Do you feel entertained?" Crowd shouts "Yes!" Morrissey - "WHY?"

Aboud two thirds into show, he tells how he's been in Dallas for the past week and saw a news report about a truckload of piglets heading to the slaughterhouse which was in an accident. Many of the piglets died, but others escaped into the woods and most of those were recaptured. The news said the owners claim the pigs would would be sent to an animal sanctuary and Morrissey said something like "Unless the sanctuary is called Sandwich, I think they are lying"

After "Kick the Bride Down the Isle" - "But you don't have to. It's just a suggestion"

Before the encore - "I hope everyone remembers where they parked their car"

EDIT - nola.com/The Times Picayune has a short write-up and photo gallery of the show with promise of a longer review tomorrow:

http://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/2015/06/morrisseys_us_tour_opener_at_t.html

thank you very much D.S.....those kinds of things are super interesting and memorable to me, thanks. Stay healthy until Worcester !!

The finale...The Queen is Dead
ok, this is a frivolous question, but do you remember during which song he tossed his shirt?--if in fact he did...just in case he does the same on Saturday night, I can try to get in position...ha-ha. Thanks for posting the setlist!

Found this in the comment section of a live review and think it is quite funny ...

Nola Trash
@MisterDigger You don't go to a Moz show expecting him to pander. I love his recent solo albums but fully expected NO Smiths songs and possibly an hour long salsa jam just because he'd like to mess with his audience. He's the musical equivalent of Bill Murray, never doing what you want him to do yet still maintaining a hardcore fanbase.

I know most of us know better than to expect to hear many Smiths or earlier Moz songs (or on this tour even stuff from the last two or three albums) at a show, but it would be nice if there was more of a mix since he has such a rich catalog to choose from. I understand artists want to share/showcase their most recent work, and it's probably more rewarding or stimulating for them to perform newer material vs. older--keeps it interesting for them. I get that, and if that's what keeps them performing, I'm all for it. (of course the back catalog contains such great stuff, not only the "hits", but so many other wonderful tracks to choose from) I feel kind of like Oliver Twist, but please (please, please..) sir, I want some more....and a crack on the head is what I get for asking...

I also love Van Morrison (I know, cue the snickers now..) and he's kind of the same in that he doesn't play much of what you really want him to, so you're thrilled when he does throw you a bone here and there--and you still enjoy the other stuff he plays even if it's not as familiar or not your favorite. Maybe that's a part of the strategy--don't give the people what they want and they'll just want it even more and keep coming back hoping for a few morsels. I want the ones I cant have, and it's driving me mad.....Of course I'm still hoping someday for a Smiths or at least Morrissey/Marr reunion. I know it's over--still I cling... Maybe it's more optimistic to say I know its going to happen someday...

Yes, me too......stretch out and wait, stretch out and wait.....I couldn't even sleep last night that's how excited I am. Had to read the posts about the NOLA show in anticipation. Now I'm tired and I want to go to bed...

Moz's tone was a lot more sober than when I saw him last year in Beaumont. He definitely did not engage with the crowd as much. In Beaumont, he handed the mike to people in the crowd, telling them, This is your chance to tell the world what you think. He also played a lot more of his repertoire or standards that we've all come to love and to replay phrases in our heads. The first part of the show after Suedehead sidestepped the searing sexual and emotional and wry affairs of the heart songs and was more about making us not aware but confront harshly the state of the world. Let's face it, the apocalypse is here from the environment to state sanctioned violence, war and the farm industrial complex and Morrissey has never been one to hide his head in the sand. I respect and admire him for creating a dynamic polemical show that moved us beyond ourselves to much larger issues related to the soci-economic times we live in. The second part of the show he threw out many bones from Everyday is Sunday on, he got the crowd on its feet and played some classics dear to my heart. Stop Me If you've heard this one before, Now My Heart is full, The queen is dead. I was more than satisfied with the show and I commend him for pushing the audience to think about the screwed up world we live in and not worry about how his show would be received. He is a f*** all y'all kind of entertainer, I'm going to sing what I want.

Oh, sing your life
The things that you love
And the things you loathe
Oh, sing your life, oh, sing your life

Morrissey - Sing Your Life Lyrics

Setlist looks like a nice balance of oldies and new songs, and 21 songs!!...nice and long!!

I'm seeing him in Cincy towards the middle of tour, and wonder if he'll add or subtract a few songs.

So excited!!!

The venue wasn't half empty. I don't know about the balcony level but the floor was completely full. The crowd was very responsive and I heard many people singing along to the newer tracks.

I was in the balcony, it was 90-95% full. BUT everyone was crowding to the front of the balcony, so it was hard to tell it the balcony was sold out or not. Either way, it was rockin' up there the entire time. WOW, last night was great!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom