Question about Swindon

A

Anonymous

I wasn't a fan of Moz back in 2009 so I didn't really watched his career. Did he ever give an satisfactionary reason for his collapse in Swindon? Has it anything to do with every other health issue that would plague him since then? I remember reading a statement from Moz in 2013 where this part made me think that he was refering his health issues in 2009 "The major problems remain as insoluble now as they were in 2009". What do you think?

He said he had the flu. It's up to you, personally, whether you find this explanation satisfactionary or not.

"CFS / ME in many cases leads to a severe physical disability. According to the WHO seriously ill patients often have an energy level of cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy or HIV patients in full-blown AIDS."

"ME / CFS is a serious disease and many sufferers experience it as extremely restrictive and obstructive. The unusually strong, even overwhelming fatigue and the physical, often associated with massive flu-like symptoms make it impossible for most to carry on their normal lives . People have to live every day with nerve-racking and exceptional tiredness, weakness, being thin-skinned, despair, pain and cognitive impairments. As a result, the disease carries the risk of losing the job to come into material need and then, and in addition to suffer various social and psychological problems."

"Cerebral disorders, for example, strong forgetfulness, cognitive disorders, visual impairment, emotional lability and mood swings ("fragility" in consequence of fatigue), intolerance to loud noises, light sensitivity, sleep and movement disorders."

"Immunological symptoms (infection defense disorders) such as flu symptoms, sore throat redness, body temperature changes (often slightly increased / subfebrile), fever feelings."

"CFS is not a progressive or fatal disease. However, it can occur as sequelae in all chronic diseases that can be life-threatening. It is therefore important, that newly added or increasing symptoms not just automatically be thought a part of CFS, but they be investigated by a doctor. Generally, however, one does not die from CFS. It happens, however, that those affected are driven by the disease and its psychosocial consequences and the despair and commit suicide. Therefore, a psychological treatment is urgently needed if such thoughts of suicide emerge."

it also doesn't help when youre traveling constantly and don't take the best care of yourself. I imagine moz to be a person whom could cut his hand open to the bone walk into the next room and say I think ive pricked myself all the while collapsing under a exaggerated disappointment

I'm going to collapse in the audience if he wears one of those ghastly shirts again on stage next Thursday in New Orleans

I'm going to collapse in the audience if he wears one of those ghastly shirts again on stage next Thursday in New Orleans

Well, then better make sure NOW, that you have someone with you who will catch you. And, by the way, Moz is a grown man. He can wear what he likes and he can look as ridiculous as he wants to. :p

I think it would be far more interesting to know the specifics of the illness which caused the collapse of the US-tour 2014. Moz said he was delirious and that he never was so afraid in his life. That is a very serious statement to make. Since then I ask myself which type of delirium it was. Somehow I can't imagine Moz to behave like patients with hyperactive delirium. I briefly worked in a hospital and saw a woman who had it. It was pretty scary, actually.

"Delirium may present in hyperactive, hypoactive, or mixed forms. In its hyperactive form, it is manifested as severe confusion and disorientation, developing with relatively rapid onset and fluctuating in intensity. In its hypoactive form, it is manifested by an equally sudden withdrawal from interaction with the outside world. Delirium may occur in a mixed type where someone may fluctuate between both hyper- and hypoactive periods. Delirium as a syndrome is one which occurs more frequently in people in their later years. However, when it occurs in the course of a critical illness, delirium has been found to occur in young and old patients at relatively even rates."

Back
Top Bottom