Genuine email from Morrissey

A

Anonymous

I wish to remain anonymous but below is a genuine cut and pasted email from Morrissey.

Dear fluffy-chops

What - I ask with two cigarettes in my mouth - is really happening? Come on, spit it out.

Mourge-issey.

I will remain anonymous too but can you put it into context? Why did he email you? He will be able to work out you have "cut and pasted" it if he ever reads this thread anyway so I would keep the curtains closed.

I wish I had printed a copy or still had it in my email but in 1996 I won a contest when Howie Klein from Sire used to put contests up online (on AOL only I believe back in the early days of the internet). Morrissey was with Klein in his office and used Klein's email to send me a message. I think I still remember it word for word. "Congratulations, you have won my left leg. Intractably yours, Morrissey". I think Klein said he was showing Morrissey how the internet worked so this may have been Morrissey's first experience with email. A few days later, a package arrived. No leg in it, but a signed Southpaw Grammar poster.

It was sent to Jennifer Ivory.

I will remain anonymous too but can you put it into context? Why did he email you? He will be able to work out you have "cut and pasted" it if he ever reads this thread anyway so I would keep the curtains closed.

Jen...you win. You can have him. :p

This is the OP? :)

[admin / davidt: Link to deleted Twitter post / account with identifying name removed by request]

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the most intriguing threads on here for quite some time.

Anyone else ever received an email from Morrissey? If so, what did it say?

I'm confused is that a real or fake email. I mean how do we know.

I have a contest winning story too. In 1992 or 1993, I won a radio contest for a special party with Morrissey for all the contest winners at the Abbey Hotel in San Diego. It was weird, I won the contest over the air and then they said hold on and all of a sudden I was talking to this Brit that I couldn't even understand that sounded like John Lydon on meth and he was asking for my date of birth, full name, e mail address, phone and fax number. I was hesitant to give this out because then I started thinking it was a scam. Anyway it worked out that it wasn't a scam, went to the radio station to get the two tickets for the party...etc. The date of the party was my birthday. I got a weird fax the morning of the party on my printer/fax machine and I never get faxes and it said "have a happy unhappy birthday tonight" It was signed M not Morrissey. The phone number it came from was listed as "private", but of course I tried sending faxes all day back to the number. I took the fax to the party to ask him about it of course and we all waited for Morrissey to make his appearance. He came down this very small staircase to enter the room and of course all the crazy f***s rushed the little door and staircase and he turned around immediately, put up his right hand, shook his head, and went back upstairs, not to be seen again.

I still have the fax, but since it doesn't say Morrissey on it and it isn't written in handwriting it isn't worth anything, I may be able to trade it for Kerry Gold cheese, loaves of Italian bread, or jars of Marinara sauce. Anonymous-

Last edited:
Checking in with your fatty connection?

4701311.jpg

GFYS. Pig.

I got a email from morrissey once but alas i thought i was a scam and deleted it. It went like following:

Hello my name is sultry steven but i go by morrissey. Ask me why and i"ll spit in your eye. I ask you, a lifeguard on duty to take the time to save me from this life. Help me! I'm seasick, yet still docked. I would help myself but i can't because i've never had a job because i never wanted one. Oh what a mess i've made of my life but you got everything now. So send me a boat, give me the gun or just send some cash to whalley range. Quickly before i gain my faith in painted cocanuts.

Sincerly M

He followed up with this:

PS
Did i mention that i'm stranded on a rock in a puddle in manchester

I wish to remain anonymous but below is a genuine cut and pasted email from Morrissey.

Dear fluffy-chops.
Someone here once said to me to not call Morrissey by any nicknames. It seems that Morrissey himselfs has a thing for nicknames . So if nobody minds i think i"ll call him schnookums the next time i meet him. Jesus not posting here in a while puts things in new perspectiv. There is a Manson and family motto going on for some people here. Tip to everyone there, the fewer post the better perspectiv you get on things. And i'm out for the millionth time

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a email from morrissey once but alas i thought i was a scam and deleted it. It went like following:

Hello my name is sultry steven but i go by morrissey. Ask me why and i"ll spit in your eye. I ask you, a lifeguard on duty to take the time to save me from this life. Help me! I'm seasick, yet still docked. I would help myself but i can't because i've never had a job because i never wanted one. Oh what a mess i've made of my life but you got everything now. So send me a boat, give me the gun or just send some cash to whalley range. Quickly before i gain my faith in painted cocanuts.

Sincerly M

Spell check is your friend...yawn. Anonymous-

- - - Updated - - -

Someone here once said to me to not call Morrissey by any nicknames. It seems that Morrissey himselfs has a thing for nicknames . So if nobody minds i think i"ll call him schnookums the next time i meet him. Jesus not posting here in a while puts things in new perspectiv. There is a Manson and family motto going on for some people here. Tip to everyone there, the fewer post the better perspectiv you get on things. And i'm out for the millionth time

Calling Morrissey "Morris" is not a nickname. It's someone trying to be subliminal and sarcastic that thinks it's funny.

:( :( :(

no. no! no!!

dear tynamuna :love:

:(

Back
Top Bottom