Sydney - Vivid LIVE, Sydney Opera House Concert Hall (May 27, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Scandinavia / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Kiss Me A Lot / Will Never Marry / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Not A Man / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / One Of Our Own / What She Said / Now My Heart Is Full / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat Is Murder // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by marred, darkeyelids and Caspar (order not 100%)

• Vivid Diary - photos by Lincoln Jubb (23 total) - Monster Children. Link posted by an anonymous person.

sydney2_1.jpg
  • Photo posted by darkeyelids:

sydney2.jpg

Last edited:
Couldn't care less about Julia where's the people who were actually at the show?? How was the set, the audience, what is for sale at the merch tables, anything interesting worth talking about?

what does she do that's horrible. people always seem to comment about her rather than on anything she actually does. will you upload the whole show or just fragments if you have any plans to do either for that matter

She's just a fan like the rest of us. I couldn't care less what she does or what kind of person she is. Fans covering the edge of the stage certainly has nothing to do with Julia. I was right behind her and Morrissey didn't pay her any attention at all. He only reached his arm out the fans on the other side of the stage.

That idiot blonde lady that was constantly pushing past us back and forth and saying things like "Hey Morrissey come over here and touch me!" then she says "Morrissey, I'm from Preston!" Like he gives a shit where you're from. So Morrissey says "Is that interesting?" and I said "Not really." So she says "No I am from Preston." And I said "We don't care." I mean where the f*** is Preston anyway?

Last edited:
So what? So are you. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't waste my family's inheritance fulfilling an obsession. She's no different than those whack jobs on Extreme Couponing or Hoarders, only she hoards the front row of every show, her mindset that she's vital to every performance. She's an energy vampire.

She contributes nothing. She helps fans who can't be there never. It's all for her and her selfish little brain, Morrissey is her drug and her daddy's money is buying her fix. I have no respect for her.

Couldn't care less about Julia where's the people who were actually at the show?? How was the set, the audience, what is for sale at the merch tables, anything interesting worth talking about?

I was at the show and yes this Julia person is not a highlight. Morrissey was not as talkative but he's usually more talkative on the first night isn't he than the following nights. The only reason I was able to go was that Ryan's fiance passed on going so he contacted me and sold me his ticket for a very reasonable price. It was very nice of him to say the least. We met the forum member Whitewatersky and had a great time. They both filmed the gig to which I was of no help whatsoever.

Even though most people remained in their seats or at least that's what it seemed like bar the stalls area where we were who had to stand to see over us everyone cheered and screamed with plenty of gusto! If you've come to a Morrissey concert to sit down in the front rows then you've come to the wrong concert.

I didn't mind the Gustavo version of Speedway this time round but boy I now need to watch some youtube footage of Moz singing the entire song to make up for it. Maybe Morrissey gets pleasure in denying us that last part. It's very strange when the lights go up and every band member including Morrissey has swapped places.

It was great to be up the front but this night cannot compare to the first night when My Dearest Love was played. I was way up the back and it didn't matter in the least. Stop Me was sorely missed. I don't even really consider Meat Is Murder part of the Smiths songs he plays in these set lists anymore because it's clear it's become his own personal cause and while that horrific footage plays there are very few people in the crowd enjoying a trip down The Smiths memory lane. It's just another reminder of how f***ed we are as a species.

What she said is great but it doesn't come close to hearing Shoplifters or How Soon is Now. One thing I will say is it's a huge setlist. So many songs so you really feel well fed after the gig is over. Both gigs so far have been wonderful but they still pale in comparison to my encounter with Morrissey at the book signing which is something I never thought would be possible:)

I saw that Matt, Gustavo, Boz and Moz moved but did jesse and mando?

She's just a fan like the rest of us. I couldn't care less what she does or what kind of person she is. Fans covering the edge of the stage certainly has nothing to do with Julia. I was right behind her and Morrissey didn't pay her any attention at all. He only reached his arm out the fans on the other side of the stage.

That idiot blonde lady that was constantly pushing past us back and forth and saying things like "Hey Morrissey come over here and touch me!" then she says "Morrissey, I'm from Preston!" Like he gives a shit where you're from. So Morrissey says "Is that interesting?" and I said "Not really." So she says "No I am from Preston." And I said "We don't care." I mean where the f*** is Preston anyway?

Preston is were someone threw a cocktail stick at Silly Steven during the opening song The Queen is dead !
Guess what ? That's right he 4kin cancelled and walked out.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I saw that Matt, Gustavo, Boz and Moz moved but did jesse and mando?

Yep Mando moved to the front and was playing guitar instead of Bass.

- - - Updated - - -

Preston is were someone threw a cocktail stick at Silly Steven during the opening song The Queen is dead !

So that proves my point. People from Preston are obviously dicks.

I don't waste my family's inheritance fulfilling an obsession. She's no different than those whack jobs on Extreme Couponing or Hoarders, only she hoards the front row of every show, her mindset that she's vital to every performance. She's an energy vampire.

She contributes nothing. She helps fans who can't be there never. It's all for her and her selfish little brain, Morrissey is her drug and her daddy's money is buying her fix. I have no respect for her.

She's just a nice, weird person doing what makes her happy while hurting nobody else. Let her be

Maybe the girl from Preston could've sang the second half of Speedway?

Hi all, I am on my way home back to Melbourne after two great shows.
I have a ticket for Sunday (Stalls, F19) which I can't use.

Therefore I have hidden it close to the venue for someone to find and use as they will.
It is in an envelope behind the pillar furthest to the right of the facade of the RACA Building (89 Macquarie St, Darling Harbiur - down the road from the Opera House).

Good luck.
x

LOL....did he put on his gay face and say 'is that funny'?

Love it. Hilarious

I made that joke on purpose. If you think it's a planted-seed thinking point, it's not. I'm sorry but it ain't gonna happen.

I have no respect for her.

But Morrissey does obviously respect her. I say it again, maybe you should tell Moz your opinions on Julia face to face. But that will never happen. And since Julia is at every concert, someone could simply talk to her and ask her every question people around here are interested in. But that would be too simple, wouldn't it? People are pathetic.

Julia has thrown a few blue roses my way over the years. Is she maybe part of a society of some kind?

Thought the gig last night was amazing! I'd put it second behind the Melbourne Forum 2002 gig in terms of rankings for me, which means it was better than 4 other times I saw him.

I flew up from Melbourne yesterday morning and spent the day exploring Sydney (only been here once) so by the time the gig came around I was stuffed, but adrenaline kept me going.

I loved the pre-show look into Moz's YouTube history. The Lou Reed interview was hilarious and had everyone laughing. I was 7th row back on Gustavo's side.

The sound was better than I expected. I heard the opera house is overrated and the sound isn't THAT great, so maybe my expectations were lowered but it crapped all over Festival Hall (not hard to do).

The set list was probably the let down for me. Meat is Murder and FOTGTD to close just yawn at this stage. I'm gutted My Dearest Love was dropped. I wanted to hear that so badly after it being there on Tuesday. What's the bet last night was the only one of the opera house gigs he doesn't play it.

Ganglord surprised me. Never disliked the song, it was always just...there. But the version here was great. Not a man also caught me off guard being better than expected. He sung it with such conviction. Neal Cassidy, One of our own, Staircase, What she said, Kiss me a lot and Now my heart is full were the highlights for me. World Peace is much better live than on the album. And I thought the mid-speedway change of Gustavo singing and the rest of the band switching roles was a creative addition.

Moz's voice sounded absolutely, as the kids say, on point. Shame he wasn't a bit more chatty. But on the plus side he didn't pass the mic around which is cringe worthy at best.

Really really wish I could stay and go to the book signing and at least one more gig, but uni commitments, and more so, money just isn't allowing that to happen :( if there was a gig tomorrow night I probably would have bitten the bullet and just gone one extra but in order to just see the Saturday gig it'd be an extra 3 nights and I just don't have enough. f*** you student budget.

I was surprised how lax security was with people filming and taking pics. I kept expecting the tap on the shoulder but it never came. So I got bolder as it went and filmed more. I'm planning on compiling it into one video. Just clips of bits of songs that I'll share here when I can but I was surprised at the clarity in the sound and now wish I filmed more that I knew it'd turn out that well + security didn't seem to care.

All in all, great experience and Sydney turned on some amazing weather for a few days out from the beginning of winter, thanks for that!

Any setlist information?

I was at the show and yes this Julia person is not a highlight. Morrissey was not as talkative but he's usually more talkative on the first night isn't he than the following nights. The only reason I was able to go was that Ryan's fiance passed on going so he contacted me and sold me his ticket for a very reasonable price. It was very nice of him to say the least. We met the forum member Whitewatersky and had a great time. They both filmed the gig to which I was of no help whatsoever.

Even though most people remained in their seats or at least that's what it seemed like bar the stalls area where we were who had to stand to see over us everyone cheered and screamed with plenty of gusto! If you've come to a Morrissey concert to sit down in the front rows then you've come to the wrong concert.

I didn't mind the Gustavo version of Speedway this time round but boy I now need to watch some youtube footage of Moz singing the entire song to make up for it. Maybe Morrissey gets pleasure in denying us that last part. It's very strange when the lights go up and every band member including Morrissey has swapped places.

It was great to be up the front but this night cannot compare to the first night when My Dearest Love was played. I was way up the back and it didn't matter in the least. Stop Me was sorely missed. I don't even really consider Meat Is Murder part of the Smiths songs he plays in these set lists anymore because it's clear it's become his own personal cause and while that horrific footage plays there are very few people in the crowd enjoying a trip down The Smiths memory lane. It's just another reminder of how f***ed we are as a species.

What she said is great but it doesn't come close to hearing Shoplifters or How Soon is Now. One thing I will say is it's a huge setlist. So many songs so you really feel well fed after the gig is over. Both gigs so far have been wonderful but they still pale in comparison to my encounter with Morrissey at the book signing which is something I never thought would be possible:)

Wow I couldn't imagine what the book signing must of been like! Truly a dream come true I'm sure..the shows sound great thank you for your detailed account..I will be going to the San Jose show and will be sure to leave my review of the night here as well..are you going the third night as well? Cheers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom