Sydney - Vivid LIVE, Sydney Opera House Concert Hall (May 27, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Scandinavia / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Kiss Me A Lot / Will Never Marry / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Not A Man / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / One Of Our Own / What She Said / Now My Heart Is Full / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat Is Murder // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by marred, darkeyelids and Caspar (order not 100%)

• Vivid Diary - photos by Lincoln Jubb (23 total) - Monster Children. Link posted by an anonymous person.

sydney2_1.jpg
  • Photo posted by darkeyelids:

sydney2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all, I am on my way home back to Melbourne after two great shows.
I have a ticket for Sunday (Stalls, F19) which I can't use.

Therefore I have hidden it close to the venue for someone to find and use as they will.
It is in an envelope behind the pillar furthest to the right of the facade of the RACA Building (89 Macquarie St, Darling Harbiur - down the road from the Opera House).

Good luck.
x

So kind of you to do this, Freshcat. Very cool. Already have tickets to Sunday so good luck to whoever hunts it down!

First time. Did this work? Tried to insert a video of the end of the encore from last night. It catches him ripping his shirt off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 5
So kind of you to do this, Freshcat. Very cool. Already have tickets to Sunday so good luck to whoever hunts it down!

The way I figure it, better it get used by someone (anyone) than stay with me in Melbourne. I saw two great shows, I'm happy.
Hope the weekend shows are great for everyone else.

Wow I couldn't imagine what the book signing must of been like! Truly a dream come true I'm sure..the shows sound great thank you for your detailed account..I will be going to the San Jose show and will be sure to leave my review of the night here as well..are you going the third night as well? Cheers

No i don't have tickets for Saturday night but I do for Sunday night though. That book signing, hand shaking, hugging, blabbering session is something I will be tapping into for quite some time anytime I need to sport a grin for sure. I hope you have a great San Jose gig!

Any setlist information?

Forgive me if I make a mistake but I'm going to try and get this right. I'm sure this is the wrong order but these are definitely the songs he played.

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ganglord / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Scandinavia / Will Never Marry / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I'm Not A Man / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / One Of Our Own / What She Said / Now My Heart Is Full / Meat Is Murder

Encore: First Of The Gang To Die

I don't know if you peruse Solo or not, but I would like to thank the following people whom I met on Wed night:

I hope to see you guys on Saturday and buy you guys a drink!

-Maori from NZ: thank you for letting me get to the front of stage! :)

-Martin Gore look alike and your partner (?) thanks for the laughs! I love that photo with you & Marr! I wish that cone worked. If only it were bigger! :)

-Slap me on the patio..you know who you are. BECAUSE WE MUST :)

You guys made my night even more amazing. Sometimes it's the little things that count. See you all on Saturday. xxxxx

I remember once I was next to Julia at a gig. It was awful. Firstly, she kept screaming out for Morrissey to play ammunition. Like srsly is this the Maladjusted tour? Secondly, every now and then I would look over to her and she would be eating something from her breast pocket. It took me a while to work out what exactly she was munching down on. Turns out she was eating one of those cheese pastie things from Greggs. She couldn't have been more obvious as the crumbs and the Baggie all ended up on the floor.

The entire time she was speaking about her love for someone called Benny? Apparently he has the best meat? Not really sure what to make of her remarks although I'm fairly sure they took on connotations of a sexual nature.

All in all and awful experience and it has turned me off going to any further Morrissey concerts.

it just sounds like fun and something i would do myself. i love games

Forgive me if I make a mistake but I'm going to try and get this right. I'm sure this is the wrong order but these are definitely the songs he played.

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ganglord / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Scandinavia / Will Never Marry / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I'm Not A Man / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / One Of Our Own / What She Said / Now My Heart Is Full / Meat Is Murder

Thanks marred, also I'm pretty sure that Ganglord was played after Staircase, and Kiss Me A Lot and Will Never Marry were later in the set, but I'm not 100%...

Thanks, setlist updated on the main article. darkeyelids previously mentioned "Neal Cassady Drops Dead" was also played and I'm presuming "Everyday Is Like Sunday" wasn't dropped as that was not previously mentioned.

Thanks marred, also I'm pretty sure that Ganglord was played after Staircase, and Kiss Me A Lot and Will Never Marry were later in the set, but I'm not 100%...

Last edited:
Polite Notice !
Let us hear no more of BIG-NOSED-BEAKY after tonight's performance. Is that clear ? NOT A DICKY BIRD.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Hi all, I am on my way home back to Melbourne after two great shows.
I have a ticket for Sunday (Stalls, F19) which I can't use.

Therefore I have hidden it close to the venue for someone to find and use as they will.
It is in an envelope behind the pillar furthest to the right of the facade of the RACA Building (89 Macquarie St, Darling Harbiur - down the road from the Opera House).

Good luck.
x

Very funny Freshcat lol !

I checked it out and all I found was a pack of Dubliner cheese.
Oh well it's a good job I have a sense of humour.

thanks for posting docinwestchester - the Speedway clip. while I go to hear Moz's voice, i think i like the "switcheroo" but just for a couple minutes like this.

Back
Top Bottom