I know this is a old article

T

Tynamuna

But that must surely be a joke?!, i mean the Jake part I have not read it before

http://followingthemozziah.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/morrissey-interview-with-ionlinept.html

Morrissey: No, I do not think that autobiography has changed anything whatsoever. I have not done a single interview to promote the book, was not seen on television or heard on the radio. The book has been out almost a year and continues to sell very well, but there was never any promotion, which is remarkable. Some journalists and critics made reference to my friendship with Jake [Walters, who he writes about in "Autobiography"], saying that it was a gay relationship, but what we had was an intense closeness. I do not think of it is as homosexual and he is of the same opinion. The world can not cope with the closeness between men, but easily accepted that they kill each other.

Re: I know this is a old article.....

But that must surely be a joke?!, i mean the Jake part I have not read it before

http://followingthemozziah.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/morrissey-interview-with-ionlinept.html

Morrissey: No, I do not think that autobiography has changed anything whatsoever. I have not done a single interview to promote the book, was not seen on television or heard on the radio. The book has been out almost a year and continues to sell very well, but there was never any promotion, which is remarkable. Some journalists and critics made reference to my friendship with Jake [Walters, who he writes about in "Autobiography"], saying that it was a gay relationship, but what we had was an intense closeness. I do not think of it is as homosexual and he is of the same opinion. The world can not cope with the closeness between men, but easily accepted that they kill each other.

why would it be. I mean I don't know for sure but jake is married to a women pregnant with his child. sure people can be bi or just do what they want at the time but it doesn't have to be a sexual relationship. I suggested that more people knew moz than the smiths and were more interested in his solo years time than in the smiths and was told ehh no. I said many here have made mention of the jake relationship and its mystery and he/she suggested that it was obvious and I just don't think that correct.

You got some good point here. The public is not always right. But i was shocked of the statment after i read the no secrets of the flesh part in the auto-bio. It sounded pretty clear there

This reminds me about the Lou reed shock-treatment story

You got some good point here. The public is not always right. But i was shocked of the statment after i read the no secrets of the flesh part in the auto-bio. It sounded pretty clear there

This reminds me about the Lou reed shock-treatment story

yeah but its a different time which brings in different attitudes. everything is so documented, which I love, these days that rumors have a harder time existing than when they did in lous prime time. this I think makes people believe more so the rumors that do exist and last to be obvious truths. the public thinks theyre more right than ever because how could a false rumor stay alive in this day and age. everything must be obvious so the stuff that's not so obvious but also not hiding just doesn't get looked at or looked for. jakes relationship to that girl, don't know her name, isn't a secret but no one checks or looks for info outside of a magazine selling magazines. they all think jake is just gay. people think they know everything because they accept the information presented to them as an obvious truth and don't investigate first hand. the information age has also made people so afraid to state an opinion that they just repeat hyperbole to avoid embarrassment about a topic. if wrong they can at last say but that's what read online somewhere

The relationship could have been platonic but close, and Morrissey just made it saucier for the press. It would fit in with the fact that Jake is now married hm......... I don't listen the press blindly but i truly thought that he was describing a sexual relationship. I take everything with a grain of salt because i know that title like "Morrissey describes relationship with a man" is a better title the "morrissey describes friendships with a man" i'm starting to have difficulties trusting Morrissey

Last edited by a moderator:

Also i find it intresting that he used the term homosexual insted of sexual

Morrissey likes to use allusion and misdirection but not outright lies many of the times because he knows people don't pay very careful attention to words or logic. its like descartes experiments or if I asked someone what shape a penny is. they almost always say round when they really mean disk shaped or at the very least circular. a globe is round and a penny is not. another example might be when he says theres no official facebook page. ask him if theres an unofficial one because what makes something official is the declaration so if he doesn't declare its not official and no one asks the other question, they just assume that there assumption of language is the correct one through probability. many people often confuse me for being a gay man as I have no problem touching men cuddling or anything such and im very much not gay. it was to show support to my gay friends that i love and will defend with my blood and reputation. he uses peoples assuming nature against them and is very good at it, or the people are very bad at it. whichever you prefer

Morrissey likes to use allusion and misdirection but not outright lies many of the times because he knows people don't pay very careful attention to words or logic. its like descartes experiments or if I asked someone what shape a penny is. they almost always say round when they really mean disk shaped or at the very least circular. a globe is round and a penny is not. another example might be when he says theres no official facebook page. ask him if theres an unofficial one because what makes something official is the declaration so if he doesn't declare its not official and no one asks the other question, they just assume that there assumption of language is the correct one through probability. many people often confuse me for being a gay man as I have no problem touching men cuddling or anything such and im very much not gay. it was to show support to my gay friends that i love and will defend with my blood and reputation. he uses peoples assuming nature against them and is very good at it, or the people are very bad at it. whichever you prefer

That why i thought it was interesting that he did not say it was not a sexual relationship but he used the term homosexual. He is not denying its sexual but denying the fact that they are completely homosexual.
Or he is a wind up and it was just a friendship but he wrote about it in a romantic way cause he knows what the public gets of on. He would have made a great politician

I think it's more interesting to know what froyo store he prefers to where his yogurt lands. Ohhhhh...maybe I just answered that. :cool:

That why i thought it was interesting that he did not say it was not a sexual relationship but he used the term homosexual. He is not denying its sexual but denying the fact that they are completely homosexual.
Or he is a wind up and it was just a friendship but he wrote about it in a romantic way cause he knows what the public gets of on. He would have made a great politician

he would have made a great speech writer but being a politician takes more than a good use of words and his other qualities would go down so much. I think he said that just to not tell us anything about it at all. its his fashion but he does like his tip offs as well so who knows. im not really worried about his relationships though as a person with my education I guess im somewhat interested but really I just love his manipulation of language

he would have made a great speech writer but being a politician takes more than a good use of words and his other qualities would go down so much. I think he said that just to not tell us anything about it at all. its his fashion but he does like his tip offs as well so who knows. im not really worried about his relationships though as a person with my education I guess im somewhat interested but really I just love his manipulation of language

Well he would have fit as a politician because
1. He is can mold his sentences adding different words make it long and muddle enough to make his viewers think he has answer them but in fact, as the example on top answered nothing. Or turning the blame on us for asking.
2. He is charasmatic
3. He has strong opinions and he does not hesitate to call people that he thinks opposes them out. Such as the Queen, harry, Thatcher and so on, mudslinging with harsh wording (rightly so most of the time) all the way. He does it even though he doesnt have all the fact. For example the australia/Eurovision thing lately
4. His heart is in the right place, but the world is too much of a messy cesspool for him to fix.

Ps what does your education has to do with anything?

Well he would have fit as a politician because
1. He is can mold his sentences adding different words make it long and muddle enough to make his viewers think he has answer them but in fact, as the example on top answered nothing. Or turning the blame on us for asking.
2. He is charasmatic
3. He has strong opinions and he does not hesitate to call people that he thinks opposes them out. Such as the Queen, harry, Thatcher and so on, mudslinging with harsh wording (rightly so most of the time) all the way. He does it even though he doesnt have all the fact. For example the australia/Eurovision thing lately
4. His heart is in the right place, but the world is too much of a messy cesspool for him to fix.

Ps what does your education has to do with anything?

I have a degree in social psychology so I have an interest in peoples individual decisions and how theyre influenced to make said decisions and moz makes an interesting case study. as I decided to get a degree in the subject I think it highlights just my general interests as well so that's where the comment came from. i don't think moz would make a good politician but rather a good campaigner. he would do horribly in office as you do actually have to govern which requires comprise and accepted defeat embarrassment from time to time. i have some relatives in Maryland state politics and i ask them for info on just how things run behind the scenes. no scandal or secrets or anything, just how the job is done. comptroller Hogan and the governors office etc

Does not every politician do horrible when they get in to the Office in one way or the other :) the comprimise and defeat. Actually of you put Morrissey in a situation like that i think he would have been able to. Its just that there is so many yes-sayers around him and music is his "turf" also he has alot of power over his collueges because of his talent and reputation i get that power would be hard to exercise on a wast public.

so he really has not gotten in that situation yet

Also there is the factor of making one vs wanting to be one. For example many can play the guitar exellently and has talent but has no desire to be a musician. Morrissey has the ability to become a politician because of the traits i listed before. But he could/want not too become a politician because of the fact that he has to comprimise and to deal with people lives, on the count that he, to put it lightly a "peoples person"

Does not every politician do horrible when they get in to the Office in one way or the other :) the comprimise and defeat. Actually of you put Morrissey in a situation like that i think he would have been able to. Its just that there is so many yes-sayers around him and music is his "turf" also he has alot of power over his collueges because of his talent and reputation i get that power would be hard to exercise on a wast public.

so he really has not gotten in that situation yet

Also there is the factor of making one vs wanting to be one. For example many can play the guitar exellently and has talent but has no desire to be a musician. Morrissey has the ability to become a politician because of the traits i listed before. But he could/want not too become a politician because of the fact that he has to comprimise and to deal with people lives, on the count that he, to put it lightly a "peoples person"

I don't think every politician does horribly when in office as for example I like our comptroller quite a bit and feel hes doing well. our cousin Austin right now is buying up most of downtown mosow Idaho and will be running for mayor next term and hes going to do really well in office ive no doubt. I love that guy. I also have no idea if there are yes men around moz but theyre also mostly employees as well as colleagues so I don't know how appropriate it would be to say why are you doing this etc. also if the talent and reputation is built on success what would they need to say.

well i can't say that morrisseys band is considered as employees. They are all in it right?

well i can't say that morrisseys band is considered as employees. They are all in it right?

perhaps they're both with each ccatagory limiting the effectiveness of the other

Back
Top Bottom