Sorrow will come to MTV

P

PhilipQ

I am urging everyone to send as much negative mail to mtv after this false advertising ploy. After spending the entire night getting so excited to finally see a Moz video on mtv in ages, they in traditional mtv style, screwed us! I am sorry if this message is full of spelling errors or is incoherent, but I just wanted to share my total and utter hate for mtv. I hope you feel the same. So please please please, go to the 120 min web site and send as much hate mail you possibly can.

If You Have Five Seconds To Spare
moz2.gif

I agree, my friend, and I am going to that site now to complain. The first hour of 120 minutes was fine -- good stuff -- but the last half with Orgy sucked and worst of all, no Moz.

Arrrggghh.

kenneth

what else to expect?

"My records aren't on the radio, my videos aren't on TV. This said, I've never been the kind of singer you discover on MTV or on FM. I don't belong to this system. Which is rather reassuring, besides."

do smiths/morrissey fans really have any faith left in mtv? personally speaking i can't say that i would ever want moz to be broadcast on a system that considers "Which band would you want to play at your prom?" and "Which celeb's closet would you most like to raid?" intelligent questions to ask to their viewing public. considering i don't receive MTV i'm not sure how they've regressed since the last time. if they're anything like canada's muchmusic i'm sure you've all learned to expect nothing from the bonehead producers that are responsible for them.

strangew.gif

Re: what else to expect?

> "My records aren't on the radio, my videos aren't on TV.¿ This said, I've never been the kind of singer you discover on¿ MTV or on FM. I don't belong to this system. Which is rather¿ reassuring, besides."

Well said, Morrissey (we just wanted to have a bit of fun - some unity for us US fans)¿ do smiths/morrissey fans really have any faith left in mtv?¿ personally speaking i can't say that i would ever want moz to be¿ broadcast on a system that considers "Which band would you¿ want to play at your prom?" and "Which celeb's closet¿ would you most like to raid?"

As I said, it was done to see if we could do it. Anyway, at this point, it's gone well beyond seeing 3 minutes of the divine M on Empty V - they've completely deceived us w/ false advertizing and total negligence.¿ if they're¿ anything like canada's muchmusic i'm sure you've all learned to¿ expect nothing from the bonehead producers that are responsible¿ for them.

MuchMusic isn't that great, agreed, but I once saw Suede's "Metal Mickey" on their afternoon request show - pretty damned impressive. Does MTV even OWN any Suede videos? I doubt it. Maybe if their name was "Swaid" and they were a hip-hop boy group from South Philly! (heh-heh, I cracked myself up on that one!)

Re: what else to expect?

Point well taken. Just the promise to see another morrissey video did get me rahter exicted though; even if was on mtv.
And, you do bring up a very interesting point. By judging from the mtv site, I get the impression that a bunch of 10 year old girls are running the show over there.¿ "My records aren't on the radio, my videos aren't on TV.¿ This said, I've never been the kind of singer you discover on¿ MTV or on FM. I don't belong to this system. Which is rather¿ reassuring, besides."¿ do smiths/morrissey fans really have any faith left in mtv?¿ personally speaking i can't say that i would ever want moz to be¿ broadcast on a system that considers "Which band would you¿ want to play at your prom?" and "Which celeb's closet¿ would you most like to raid?" intelligent questions to ask¿ to their viewing public. considering i don't receive MTV i'm not¿ sure how they've regressed since the last time. if they're¿ anything like canada's muchmusic i'm sure you've all learned to¿ expect nothing from the bonehead producers that are responsible¿ for them.

If You Have Five Seconds To Spare
moz2.gif

Back
Top Bottom