Opening Act 2015

B

Bargearse

Morrissey in Cincinnati (long time no see) - Who will open for Mr. "M in Manchester" in Cincy?

Enquiring minds want to know...

Re: Morrissey in Cincinnati (long time no see) - Who will open for Mr. "M in Manchester" in Cincy?

Afrer the departure of Kristeen Young, Morrissey does not have an opening act.

Re: Morrissey in Cincinnati (long time no see) - Who will open for Mr. "M in Manchester" in Cincy?

Afrer the departure of Kristeen Young, Morrissey does not have an opening act.
Yeah, except for Anna Calvi, and Buffy Sainte-Marie, and Blondie, and Amanda Palmer, and Future Islands....

It's very possible an additional opening act will be announced for this show or others.

Last edited:

My guess is that most shows that haven't already had an opening act announced will probably just have an extended video presentation, to keep the tour operating costs down.

I hear they're working on either David Allen Coe or Blowfly to open for Moz in Cincinnati.

Has anyone seen at all the information for who is opening at the Portland/Troutdale show on 7/23
Blondie is in Portland 7/18 and in Eastern WA 7/20
Amanda Palmer is not tour in late July (mostly likely since she is due to deliver her baby)

Just been wondering and keeping an eye our but see nothing yet.

Has anyone seen at all the information for who is opening at the Portland/Troutdale show on 7/23
Blondie is in Portland 7/18 and in Eastern WA 7/20
Amanda Palmer is not tour in late July (mostly likely since she is due to deliver her baby)

Just been wondering and keeping an eye our but see nothing yet.

Pink Martini, or the Von Trapps?

I saw Noel Gallagher last month and he didn't have an opener.
There was nothing like not having to sit through a band you've never heard of.
The curtains opened and the show started and it felt perfect.
I'm hoping that is what it is like in NOLA tomorrow.

How are bands supposed to get a break and exposure if they don't have the opportunity to open up for a bigger band?

I'm perfectly fine with an opening act, as long as its not the same one for almost 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom