Special Letter

Ada Rabenstern

Hi everybody!

Well, that's going to be weird.... anyway last winter I made a letter for Morrissey – not the real one, it's for the one who's living in my head. (If I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am...)
The entire letter is completely made out of quotes from his songs – except of one part of a cover, my artist's name and the “p.s.”. I tried to keep the phrases complete (hope I didn't fail) but unfortunately I had to change the tense now and then.
Although this “thing” is directed to my own imaginary Morrissey it's devoted to the real one. Therefore I threw a handwritten edition of this plus a letter in my own poor words on stage and a few weeks later I sent the whole thing to True To You – but well, who knows if he ever received it...
For me who is used to be invisible (because I never wanted to be seen), it's been a really, really tough decision to show this to other human beings. But, well, what else can I do with it? For once in my life I won't hide – at least not completely.

So, if you're interested click the link below. Every single word belongs to Morrissey, but the text is completely mine.

Feel free to share it anywhere you like (I'd really appretiate it), but please, please, please, don't plagiarize it. Sadly this is the best thing I ever wrote and it's quite possible that this will stay the only good thing I'll ever make in my entire life.

Please, try to be kind, English isn't my first language and this is really a big thing for me because Morrissey means way more to me than he should – and that's just my way to show it.

I really do hope that at least some of you will enjoy it.

So, here's the link to my web page: http://adarabenstern.jimdo.com/my-love-life/

Ada

Hi everybody!

Well, that's going to be weird.... anyway last winter I made a letter for Morrissey – not the real one, it's for the one who's living in my head. (If I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am...)
The entire letter is completely made out of quotes from his songs – except of one part of a cover, my artist's name and the “p.s.”. I tried to keep the phrases complete (hope I didn't fail) but unfortunately I had to change the tense now and then.
Although this “thing” is directed to my own imaginary Morrissey it's devoted to the real one. Therefore I threw a handwritten edition of this plus a letter in my own poor words on stage and a few weeks later I sent the whole thing to True To You – but well, who knows if he ever received it...
For me who is used to be invisible (because I never wanted to be seen), it's been a really, really tough decision to show this to other human beings. But, well, what else can I do with it? For once in my life I won't hide – at least not completely.

So, if you're interested click the link below. Every single word belongs to Morrissey, but the text is completely mine.

Feel free to share it anywhere you like (I'd really appretiate it), but please, please, please, don't plagiarize it. Sadly this is the best thing I ever wrote and it's quite possible that this will stay the only good thing I'll ever make in my entire life.

Please, try to be kind, English isn't my first language and this is really a big thing for me because Morrissey means way more to me than he should – and that's just my way to show it.

I really do hope that at least some of you will enjoy it.

So, here's the link to my web page: http://adarabenstern.jimdo.com/my-love-life/

Ada

seems neat and hope you enjoyed making it.

Its clever and I really feel with you, but i don't want you to get hurt.
What do want Morrissey to get out of this letter.
What do you what to tell him, what do you want him to do?
Its a clever way to write to Morrissey and i get its message but it is a bit to muddled and long.

I completely understand your feelings for morrissey, i feel the same way, but do not be dissapointed if it gets unnoticed.

I hope you are not in love with Morrissey :( that road is just a heartbreak

Edit: you have alredy sent it. Well i hope he answers
Oh sweetie, i'll send you a hug with my mind

Last edited by a moderator:
At the next Morrissey, concert make sure to catch a piece of his shirt if you can. I find that when i miss him the shirt piece helps me

Don't worry, I am not in love with the real person - I don't know him personally, so (for me) there is no way to love him. I made my own one and - somehow - I seem to love him in a... well, strange way.
Actually I had the chance to try to get a piece of his shirt, but honestly, I wouldn't know what to do with it. For me it's just a piece of clothes and I wouldn't know what to do with it. But I have an idea why other human beings might want something like that. So, thank you for your lovely and caring comments, that really means a lot to me. :)

Don't worry, I am not in love with the real person - I don't know him personally, so (for me) there is no way to love him. I made my own one and - somehow - I seem to love him in a... well, strange way.
Actually I had the chance to try to get a piece of his shirt, but honestly, I wouldn't know what to do with it. For me it's just a piece of clothes... But I have an idea why other human beings might want something like that. So, thank you for your lovely and caring comments, that really means a lot to me. :)

Edit: Sorry about the double post, wasn't logged in and technique killed me.

Last edited:
Haha, i don't really know what to do with the shirt myself, it lies in an envelope.....
Brave of you to throw the letter on stage. I, the big chicken had the chance to throw a letter on stage to him but i were too afraid that if he rejects it, I would be heartbroken.

Ps. Don't be hard on yourself. I bet that you can write great things of you put your mind to it.
Love Tynamuna

My newest pet peeve is people talking to themselves. :straightface:

Im really fascinated about your little morrissey. How is he compared to real morrissey, really creative :)

Hi and sorry for my late reply... I'll try to answer some of your questions:
When I started this project it hadn't any destination. I just felt like I should do it and see what will happen. But after I finished it didn't feel like given birth to something (and I think to create something should feel like that), it felt like someone died. Everything was just wrong (I don't know why) and I started to believe that this entire thing won't be finished until Morrissey himself has read it. Stupid, childish, weird, but I can't help the way I feel. So I started doing lots of things I thought I could never do, just to make him read it. Of course, it didn't work. So, what to do now? For the first time ever I felt I did something good and stupid me doesn't know what to do with it... as I don't know anyone personally who knows Morrissey and his lyrics, I decided to publish it on facebook, my own web page and some forums. I thought it might be helpful for me if some people who might have the possibilities to understand it read it. I still feels horribly wrong, but well, it might be a good thing to know that I can at least bear something like that... So, all I ever wanted with this thing to happen is that Morrissey sees it. Not more. As I said it's childish, but who cares anyway?

Lanters: Thank you for your gently words. I will ever stay an introvert, but as I said above: it's good to know that I can do more than I thought I could.

Tynamuna: Well, I guess my Morrissey is as different from the real one as I am. Of course he is more like me than like the real Morrissey, because I made him. I don't know who Morrissey really is, but I always felt like that we are very different individuals with a couple of different opinions, but to me it seems as if we think and feel in a very similar way. This might be the main reason why I am a Morrissey “fan” (I hate that word!). I never have seen any person who might be at least a very little bit like me and always felt as I am the only one of my species on this planet. And then I found Morrissey. And to see that there actually is someone who seems to be somehow like me made me hope that there or more “of us”, and this could mean that some fine day I could be less lonely. Don't get me wrong, I have some friends (not many, but good ones) and I am married, but that never made me feel less alone. I really hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Kind regards
Ada

Last edited:
:sleeping:

Hi and sorry for my late reply... I'll try to answer some of your questions:
When I started this project it hadn't any destination. I just felt like I should do it and see what will happen. But after I finished it didn't feel like given birth to something (and I think to create something should feel like that), it felt like someone died. Everything was just wrong (I don't know why) and I started to believe that this entire thing won't be finished until Morrissey himself has read it. Stupid, childish, weird, but I can't help the way I feel. So I started doing lots of things I thought I could never do, just to make him read it. Of course, it didn't work. So, what to do now? For the first time ever I felt I did something good and stupid me doesn't know what to do with it... as I don't know anyone personally who knows Morrissey and his lyrics, I decided to publish it on facebook, my own web page and some forums. I thought it might be helpful for me if some people who might have the possibilities to understand it read it. I still feels horribly wrong, but well, it might be a good thing to know that I can at least bear something like that... So, all I ever wanted with this thing to happen is that Morrissey sees it. Not more. As I said it's childish, but who cares anyway?

Lanters: Thank you for your gently words. I will ever stay an introvert, but as I said above: it's good to know that I can do more than I thought I could.

Tynamuna: Well, I guess my Morrissey is as different from the real one as I am. Of course he is more like me than like the real Morrissey, because I made him. I don't know who Morrissey really is, but I always felt like that we are very different individuals with a couple of different opinions, but to me it seems as if we think and feel in a very similar way. This might be the main reason why I am a Morrissey “fan” (I hate that word!). I never have seen any person who might be at least a very little bit like me and always felt as I am the only one of my species on this planet. And then I found Morrissey. And to see that there actually is someone who seems to be somehow like me made me hope that there or more “of us”, and this could mean that some fine day I could be less lonely. Don't get me wrong, I have some friends (not many, but good ones) and I am married, but that never made me feel less alone. I really hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Kind regards
Ada

send it to a music mag and they might print it and he might read it

send it to a music mag and they might print it and he might read it

Thank you, that's a good idea! Will think about trying this way :)

@CrystalGeezer: You're a true genius, without writing any word, you made me feel better, because you reminded me that there are people on this planet who have bigger problems than I have. Thank you, honestly, thank you. But you should be more careful, geniuses are often misunderstood, you know.... there are people who are deeply hurt (and some even committed suicide), because they felt they were treated horribly on the internet, I guess you don't want to be responsible for something like that. So, learn to treat other people like human beings, even if it's just the internet and you don't have to look in any faces, I know it's hard, but try... you can't win anything with that behaviour, not for others and not for yourself and I'm sure that you know this. (No matter if you keep on posting on this thread or not, this will be all I'm going to say to you, so think about if you still want to waste your time)

Last edited:
Thank you, that's a good idea! Will think about trying this way :)

@CrystalGeezer: You're a true genius, without writing any word, you made me feel better, because you reminded me that there are people on this planet who have bigger problems than I have. Thank you, honestly, thank you. But you should be more careful, geniuses are often misunderstood, you know.... there are people who are deeply hurt (and some even committed suicide), because they felt they were treated horribly on the internet, I guess you don't want to be responsible for something like that. So, learn to treat other people like human beings, even if it's just the internet and you don't have to look in any faces, I know it's hard, but try... you can't win anything with that behaviour, not for others and not for yourself and I'm sure that you know this. (No matter if you keep on posting on this thread or not, this will be all I'm going to say to you, so think about if you still want to waste your time)

f*** off.

Pro tip: The next time you post a loaded poem or letter or whatever (I didn't read it. Welcome to my world.) of someone else's lyrics three threads deep in a dead forum and feign hurt at a response then counter with the threat of suicide I highly suggest you at least consider your blunder to be a learning experience and grow from it. Your motivations are as fake as your sincerity and this is the day and age of honesty so please catch up.

Last edited:
f*** off.

Pro tip: The next time you post a loaded poem or letter or whatever (I didn't read it. Welcome to my world.) of someone else's lyrics three threads deep in a dead forum and feign hurt at a response then counter with the threat of suicide I highly suggest you at least consider your blunder to be a learning experience and grow from it. Your motivations are as fake as your sincerity and this is the day and age of honesty so please catch up.
How tha feck do you know that? Have you meet her , do you know how she feels?
If you did not read it, why the hurtful remarks. PS there was no suicide threath. She just reminded you to be kinder to people on the internet, because you can't see them. You can't know how close to the edge they are.

Just be kinder, It won't kill you love :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you did not read it, why the hurtful remarks. PS there was no suicide threath. She just reminded you to be kinder to people on the internet, because you can't see them. You can't know how close to the edge they are.

you're darling :love:

I follow in the footsteps of my role model Morrissey. If you've read his last twenty TTY posts he's a dickhead so....

Back
Top Bottom