TTY: Morrissey will headline the FYF Festival in Los Angeles (Sunday 23 August)

a few Canadian bands on the bill whom you may not recognize (yet) but should check out while there: Broncho and Alvvays. both great bands!

I'm sure they're awesome. I'm getting crabby about checking out new bands, it's something I have to work on, I don't want to be just gravitating towards my 90 and ought bands the rest of my life. I read an article that said most people stop exploring new music at age 33. See, jesus didn't die at 33, he got hardened in his ways and God picked a younger, more modern Jesus to taunt with Angelic sounds. :D

As someone mentioned, Alvvays is a great band. My favorite album of 2014 for sure. Also, on Day 2, Girlpool is really good. They are an LA band (although recently moved to Philly) who used to play lots of shows in the Pehrspace/The Smell scene but are getting a lot of attention and hype lately and are now on Witchita Records.

So...does he plays inside the Arena or at the Park? and if he does play the Arena, what about the seating,is it first come, first serve (sit)?

Somethings tell me Arena since the security is tighter.

and there was me hoping he'd play The Green Man festival in Wales that weekend.

http://www.greenman.net/

Sh1ts al over a parking lot anyway

Last year's FYF had some problems with not enough bathrooms if I recall...or something, there was some issue regarding it's organization that left a bunch of angry comments at LAWeekly Monday morning.

With all the nepotism going on, I'm left wondering if Tobias Jesso Jr is Jesse's nephew.

:p I was waiting for someone to mention the irony of "Tobias Jesso,Jr" playing on the same day as Moz!

Last edited:
As someone mentioned, Alvvays is a great band. My favorite album of 2014 for sure. Also, on Day 2, Girlpool is really good. They are an LA band (although recently moved to Philly) who used to play lots of shows in the Pehrspace/The Smell scene but are getting a lot of attention and hype lately and are now on Witchita Records.

Nice to see someone with some actual taste or knowledge of music that isn't 20 years out of date! Girlpool and Alvvays are two of my favorite bands from the last year or so.
Also glad to hear that Future Islands is opening for Moz. I've only heard a couple of their songs, but at least they're not decades past their prime.

Blimey.
Oh dear ! ! !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

FYF Fest: What To Eat Inside And Outside The Venue
If there are two things we love in L.A.—it's definitely music festivals and a bevy of diverse food options. If you're heading to FYF Fest this weekend, we've got you covered for what to nosh on inside the venue at the L.A. Sports Arena & Exposition Park and outside at nearby restaurants.
mandoline.jpg
Vietnamese nachos from Mandoline Grill Truck (Photo via Facebook)
INSIDE FYF FEST:
The festival folks are touting an event with plenty of options (with nearly 50 food trucks and vendors), even for those who are vegan or gluten-free. Some mainstays include Kogi BBQ Truck, The Grilled Cheese Truck and Dogtown Dogs, but they also have some of our other faves (including some from San Diego) on the list like Sage Bistro, Southern Fried Vegan, Tony's Darts Away, Donut Friend, Kitchen Mouse, Mandoline Grill, and Viva Pops. You can view the entire list here.
As for drinks, they've got Stumptown Coffee and Juiced Served Here, among others. They'll be having local craft breweries serving up frothy pints of beer, and though that list isn't out yet, we know that Golden Road Brewery will be there.
chichen.jpg
Chichen Itza (Photo via Facebook)
OUTSIDE FYF FEST:
Chichen Itza
Hydrate with horchata or jamaica before you head off to the show, and make sure to grab an order of cochinita pibil tacos or reina tamales made with a pinwheel of chaya, roasted pumpkin seeds, hard-cooked eggs, steamed in a banana leaf served with a light tomato sauce are a great way to prep your belly for a day of dancing. An absolute must for a trip to Chichen Itza is an order of the signature paunchos, crispy fried corn tortilla, split and filled with black bean puree, topped with lettuce, shredded turkey, pickled red onions, and a slice of avocado. —Krista Simmons
Chichen Itza is located at 3655 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, (213) 741-1075
URBNMRKT
This is the ultimate sandwich shop in the area, with soups, salads, burgers, sandwiches, and heaps of healthy options for grab-and-go. In addition to the standard issue BLTAs and turkey clubs, they also have beef dips and burritos. They serve both breakfast and lunch, so no matter what time you're rolling into then show you'll be good to go. —Krista Simmons
URBNMRKT is located at 3434 S Grand Ave # 1, Los Angeles, (213) 821-8001
amazebowls.jpg
Amazebowls (Photo via Facebook)
Amazebowls
If tacos seem a bit too heavy for you, then start the day with a fresh breakfast bowl made with açaí berries, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and agave-blended and topped with granola. They also sell fresh smoothies, too. —Krista Simmons
Amazebowls is located at 445 S. Figueroa St., Suite 2700, Los Angeles, (213) 400-5534
Mercado La Paloma
In addition to the awesomeness that is Chichen Itza, you can also grub out at Burger Plaza Grill, Thai Corner, and Oaxacalifornia, among many others. To boot, there are plenty of cool shops to pick up Mexican nicknacks and Dia De Los Muertos trinkets, which can easily be added to your attire for extra swagger. —Krista Simmons
Mercado La Paloma is located at 3655 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, (213) 748-1963
themelt.jpg
Photo courtesy of the Melt
The Melt
This Bay Area-based grilled cheese chain is the brainchild of Jonathan Kaplan, who was behind the little hand-held Flip video camera, and San Francisco celeb chef Michael Mina, who serves as a consultant on the project. They serve everything from classics, like aged sharp cheddar on white bread, to the crazy, like the Ballpark Melt, which is made with aged sharp cheddar and an all-beef frank with mustard on San Francisco sourdough. —Krista Simmons
The Melt is located at 35 S Figueroa St., (213) 344-4903
fig-philly.jpg
Figueroa Philly Cheese Steak (Photo via Facebook)
Figueroa Philly Cheese Steak
This University Park spot whips up some of my favorite things—Philly cheese steak sandwiches and sweet potato fries. It features a pretty large menu with options that even cater to the vegetarians or the folks who'd rather eat chicken than steak. They do it so right and use rolls from Amoroso, a Philly bakery. Sandwiches range from about $6 to $8.50, so it won't put a hole in your wallet.
Figueroa Philly Cheese Steak is located at 3844 S Figueroa St., Los Angeles, (213) 748-9073
pizza-studio2.jpg
Pizza Studio (Photo via Facebook)
Pizza Studio
Pizza Studio is like the Chipotle of pizzerias. You can build your own pizzas here with unlimited toppings for about $8, and it doesn't take them too long to bake (usually in about 5 or 6 minutes). The cool part is that you have a lot of choices here where you can select from five doughs (from rosemary-herb to gluten-free), sauce, cheese and toppings. And if you want to go the easy route and have them choose for you, they've got some of their own creations you can just pick and choose from, like Margherita or Veggie Lovers.

Nice to see someone with some actual taste or knowledge of music that isn't 20 years out of date! Girlpool and Alvvays are two of my favorite bands from the last year or so.
Also glad to hear that Future Islands is opening for Moz. I've only heard a couple of their songs, but at least they're not decades past their prime.

Thanks. Good to know some others out there know Girlpool, although they are starting to get bigger now. I'm 43 but still try to keep up with new bands. Even when it means going to shows where I'm 20 years older than everyone else. You should check out Heathers. They are from LA and my favorite band at the moment. They will be touring much of the US starting in June.
https://hhheathers.bandcamp.com/album/teenage-clothes-7

All of you that will have to sit through all that boring hipster horseshit before getting to Morrissey, you have my sympathies.

Death Grips... ughhhh. Might as well have Insane Clown Posse

Thee Oh Sees and Lower Dens are both great!

Oh dear ! ! !

FYF Fest: What To Eat Inside And Outside The Venue
If there are two things we love in L.A.—it's definitely music festivals and a bevy of diverse food options. If you're heading to FYF Fest this weekend, we've got you covered for what to nosh on inside the venue at the L.A. Sports Arena & Exposition Park and outside at nearby restaurants.
mandoline.jpg
Vietnamese nachos from Mandoline Grill Truck (Photo via Facebook)
INSIDE FYF FEST:
The festival folks are touting an event with plenty of options (with nearly 50 food trucks and vendors), even for those who are vegan or gluten-free. Some mainstays include Kogi BBQ Truck, The Grilled Cheese Truck and Dogtown Dogs, but they also have some of our other faves (including some from San Diego) on the list like Sage Bistro, Southern Fried Vegan, Tony's Darts Away, Donut Friend, Kitchen Mouse, Mandoline Grill, and Viva Pops. You can view the entire list here.
As for drinks, they've got Stumptown Coffee and Juiced Served Here, among others. They'll be having local craft breweries serving up frothy pints of beer, and though that list isn't out yet, we know that Golden Road Brewery will be there.
chichen.jpg
Chichen Itza (Photo via Facebook)
OUTSIDE FYF FEST:
Chichen Itza
Hydrate with horchata or jamaica before you head off to the show, and make sure to grab an order of cochinita pibil tacos or reina tamales made with a pinwheel of chaya, roasted pumpkin seeds, hard-cooked eggs, steamed in a banana leaf served with a light tomato sauce are a great way to prep your belly for a day of dancing. An absolute must for a trip to Chichen Itza is an order of the signature paunchos, crispy fried corn tortilla, split and filled with black bean puree, topped with lettuce, shredded turkey, pickled red onions, and a slice of avocado. —Krista Simmons
Chichen Itza is located at 3655 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, (213) 741-1075
URBNMRKT
This is the ultimate sandwich shop in the area, with soups, salads, burgers, sandwiches, and heaps of healthy options for grab-and-go. In addition to the standard issue BLTAs and turkey clubs, they also have beef dips and burritos. They serve both breakfast and lunch, so no matter what time you're rolling into then show you'll be good to go. —Krista Simmons
URBNMRKT is located at 3434 S Grand Ave # 1, Los Angeles, (213) 821-8001
amazebowls.jpg
Amazebowls (Photo via Facebook)
Amazebowls
If tacos seem a bit too heavy for you, then start the day with a fresh breakfast bowl made with açaí berries, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and agave-blended and topped with granola. They also sell fresh smoothies, too. —Krista Simmons
Amazebowls is located at 445 S. Figueroa St., Suite 2700, Los Angeles, (213) 400-5534
Mercado La Paloma
In addition to the awesomeness that is Chichen Itza, you can also grub out at Burger Plaza Grill, Thai Corner, and Oaxacalifornia, among many others. To boot, there are plenty of cool shops to pick up Mexican nicknacks and Dia De Los Muertos trinkets, which can easily be added to your attire for extra swagger. —Krista Simmons
Mercado La Paloma is located at 3655 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, (213) 748-1963
themelt.jpg
Photo courtesy of the Melt
The Melt
This Bay Area-based grilled cheese chain is the brainchild of Jonathan Kaplan, who was behind the little hand-held Flip video camera, and San Francisco celeb chef Michael Mina, who serves as a consultant on the project. They serve everything from classics, like aged sharp cheddar on white bread, to the crazy, like the Ballpark Melt, which is made with aged sharp cheddar and an all-beef frank with mustard on San Francisco sourdough. —Krista Simmons
The Melt is located at 35 S Figueroa St., (213) 344-4903
fig-philly.jpg
Figueroa Philly Cheese Steak (Photo via Facebook)
Figueroa Philly Cheese Steak
This University Park spot whips up some of my favorite things—Philly cheese steak sandwiches and sweet potato fries. It features a pretty large menu with options that even cater to the vegetarians or the folks who'd rather eat chicken than steak. They do it so right and use rolls from Amoroso, a Philly bakery. Sandwiches range from about $6 to $8.50, so it won't put a hole in your wallet.
Figueroa Philly Cheese Steak is located at 3844 S Figueroa St., Los Angeles, (213) 748-9073
pizza-studio2.jpg
Pizza Studio (Photo via Facebook)
Pizza Studio
Pizza Studio is like the Chipotle of pizzerias. You can build your own pizzas here with unlimited toppings for about $8, and it doesn't take them too long to bake (usually in about 5 or 6 minutes). The cool part is that you have a lot of choices here where you can select from five doughs (from rosemary-herb to gluten-free), sauce, cheese and toppings. And if you want to go the easy route and have them choose for you, they've got some of their own creations you can just pick and choose from, like Margherita or Veggie Lovers.

CAMPAIN !
MORRISSEY PLEASE BOYCOTT FYF FEST, IT IS NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY.

Please copy/paste/post to True-2-you.com

Dear Steven

Now that you are a vegan it has been brought to our attention by Benny-the-British-Butcher that there is more chance of Jimmy Saville being sent to prison than the FYF FESTIVAL being animal friendly. After your recent announcement about Glastonbury festival not being animal friendly there is no compromise to be negotiated regarding this two day event and you should boycott the event at once or face more shame of being a hypocrite and a CrankFraud.

Yours Faithfully ____________________________________

Micheal Eavis

I just realized this is going to be at the LA Sports Arena in AUGUST. Great, the smell of bacon wrapped hot dogs from the carts in the parking lot and swamp ass is going to be rampant.

Single day tickets for Morrissey's day sold out in about 20 mins. Interesting because overall I think the Saturday lineup is better. 2 day tickets still available as of now.

CAMPAIN !
MORRISSEY PLEASE BOYCOTT FYF FEST, IT IS NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY.

Please copy/paste/post to True-2-you.com

Dear Steven

Now that you are a vegan it has been brought to our attention by Benny-the-British-Butcher that there is more chance of Jimmy Saville being sent to prison than the FYF FESTIVAL being animal friendly. After your recent announcement about Glastonbury festival not being animal friendly there is no compromise to be negotiated regarding this two day event and you should boycott the event at once or face more shame of being a hypocrite and a CrankFraud.

Yours Faithfully ____________________________________

Micheal Eavis

Dear Micheal

It's 'campaign' not 'campain' you thick bstard

Single day tickets for Morrissey's day sold out in about 20 mins. Interesting because overall I think the Saturday lineup is better. 2 day tickets still available as of now.

Saturday is for sure the better day

Sadly we could not get txts for the Sunday single day and I'm not paying for two days! I'm a Moz fan but not a fan of festivals so hopefully he plays another venue another day, just him and us, which he probably will (for us), if anybody has xtra txts let me know.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom