Murcia - SOS 4.8 2015 (May 1, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / First Of The Gang To Die / Istanbul / Certain People I Know / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Speedway / The Bullfighter Dies / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat Is Murder / Scandinavia / Irish Blood, English Heart / What She Said

setlist provided by Cemetry Gates

• Photo gallery by Xavi Torrent (18 total) - Getty Images. Posted by an anonymous person.

murcia.jpg
  • Morrissey and The National conquer SOS 4.8 by Andrés P. Mohorte - Festrip. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
If Damon does his hair, who does his nails? Morrissey might be able to catfight with those paws. But the girlscouts would still kick his ass. They would have pulled poor mozzers shirt on top of his head then pelt him with thin mints :tears:

i mean hes fifty so its gotta go a bit but i still remember him lifting a stage crasher by the scruff, lift him up off the ground, turn him to the side and push him to the edgeof the stage all without missing to many notes and yeah that took strength. fighting is different than strength or girth though. only three pounds of force to rip off a human ear.

He is such a fraud.His actions are really not much different than Madonna who sometimes threw in influence from Marilyn Monroe.He is just as hypocritical as her. Perhaps they could wear matching rosary beads. He probably doesn't like her because they are actually so much alike but she is more successful and he is butt hurt about it because she is a woman .As far as the vegan thing goes I'm vegan but I wonder if it is a crock headline to grab attention on his part not unlike the Staples Center incident.It doesn't make me think he is great or some fearless leader it makes me wonder if he is lying every single time.He is addicted to his own fame and is a narcissist.Honestly, I don't see why this guy is a role model for anything . He can't even be honest about his sexuality in a time where gay marriage has now been legalized in more places.His derogatory comments about women are sickening and I don't view them as feminist or empowering in the slightest.He encourages people to mope in self hatred while living a life that does not coincide with his false image. There are plenty of gay/bi/lesbian/straight/pansexual people around who are up front about it .He seems to want people to invert these things and feel sorry for themself and destroy their well being this would be mindless followers.He is aware he is a sex symbol he uses that just as much as someone who is more extroverted. Madonna is too.I really find it hard to believe that a man would be all of the things he claims to be but what would a woman know ?She is just a "Fatty" right? Rather juvenile if you ask me.Oh yeah the " I'm not a man" schtick.RIGHT. Come back around when you start experiencing a menstrual cycle and have to put up with errant hormones or find yourself knocked up then you can claim you don't have a penis. Until then , he is just a fame and glory hound tallying up your support on a shitty website by a fan who just happens to have more money than some people .She can buy his loyalty. Kind of strange for a man who earlier on seemed to understand or try to be a poster child for people who were somehow slighted. Oh well, it is so much more bleedingly obvious how phony he is these days. A little bit more gets revealed each time he opens his mouth. I suppose that is why the low key interviews. I wonder if he gave up leather? Leather is definitely not vegan. Tired of his crap.You would think someone claiming to be a big bad ass vegan would not be wearing leather. At minimum this would be something easy to reconcile. I don't have nearly as much money as he does and I don't wear leather. He is a hypocrite. Also if Damon is his special helper why did he make a big stink about taking his locks of hair from a place they got their hair cut in the US some time back? You have someone there is he really serving a purpose? DO TELL THE TRUTH PLEASE.Fame. Money.Grab.Lies.

Sadly, I have to agree with almost every word of this. It would have been wonderful to have had a figure in popular culture who was genuinely for the animals and for human freedom, but Morrissey has proved to be just another chancer on the make, albeit with a beautiful voice. His looks are fading and he's got no way out as he glorified his youth so now must deal with the emergence of the gnarled visage from the attic. Yes, he's sometimes casually misogynist so his genderqueer schtick is a crock of shit. His sudden use of the word 'Vegan' is naked fear as he realises how easy it will be to bring his alabaster crashing down once a figure emerges who isn't going to pander to his delusions. That would be "BrummieBoy" by the way, circa 9/11/2016, or that's the projected launch date.

"BrummieBoy" has a tweed jacket and a pair of handmade leather shoes which were bequeathed to him by a deceased lover, a Catholic priest. He agonises about what to do with them. They're unethical so if he can't wear them, he can't ethically donate them to charity and put that bad karma on someone else, even if they're very poor. He thought of burying the items in a concentration camp 'field' where his cow friends live as they await butchery once they can no longer provide Milk For Morrissey's Cheesetarianism. Morrissey hasn't formally issued a 'mea culpa, mea maxima culpa' for the last 33 years of Vegetarian Bullshiting. Until he does, he's on trial. And his entire back catalogue is a stinking crank-fraud mess with his vocals wheezing with bovine Slaughter/Torture/Rape detritus from his back-stage cheese binging. He needs to fess up, make a clean start and stop being an arsehole about animal issues and about all the sexuality/asexuality dance of 7 veils he cavorts around with trying to be 'mysterious and enigmatic'. For a balding, greying man of 55 to still be suggesting anyone gives a f*** if he takes it up the arse or swallows pork swords instead of/as well as being a dicksman with the ladies, then he's delusional. If he's asexual, so what? Who cares? It's all part of human experience and there's no longer any label (or absence of) that anyone other than the local rugby club cares about. I guess that's his target demographic: repressed lads. But even Gareth Thomas has smashed that closet to bits. Only Premier League footie left. Is he a member of the Gay Gooners? BB is affiliated but he's Queer, not 'gay' or 'bi' as he has serious issues with the bi-phobia and transphobia of the current iteration that is LGBT. And why should Lesbians get the first initial of the acronym? f*** that Misandrist shit. Morrissey is way past his sell-by date and is a total sell-out playing his excellent WPINOYB at the usual ridiculous Audience rip-off arena enormodomes, even if they're not even full. Ouch!

The co-dependent enabling of Julia and the rest of The List is just revolting. And ridiculous. Is he such a scaredy-cat that he can't face a real Audience? He usually bottles it at festivals when he's just another item on the bill. Does he really need these Trustafarians to be in his direct eye-line as reassurance? He must know that people like me and you are gurgling in the circle. Actually, most of his core audience have f***ed off in disgust at his trolling. He has a great voice, writes sometimes excellent lyrics and is moderately amusing to watch as he cavorts about the stage like a drunk dad at a wedding. But he can take his bogus 'authenticity script' and stick it up his arse. His 'remember me...always remember I love you' is just preposterous. Trolling CANCER and then telling paying customers he 'loves' them? What a jackass. It's up to him. Either he stops being a total spineless jerk and finally releases His Vegan Voice or he can crash and burn. I'll enjoy watching either way, but there's no way his Legacy will not now include 33 Years of Trolling Animal Rights and Human Sexuality. He better get on his knees with those rosary beads and pray before "BrummieBoy" as Punk-Sabbath Vegan Brummies don't take kindly to a Mancunian upstart who pilfered his entire persona from a certain 'shy bald Buddhist from Birmingham' One day Lawrence of Belgravia will tell the truth if his brain ever recovers from The Drugs And Alcohol. Etc.

best
BB

I'm pretty sure that Damon paints his nails because he is around anyway. Regarding fights, the following quote ...

"For what will be the second time, I floor Leslie, he all bluff and little-man threats, yet soft to the touch in the heel of the hammerlock. I do not know where my uppercuts come from, but there they are, an orbit of finishing blows rising from somewhere deep within, overtaking the final push that panics the body into do-or-die strength. It is a vigorous high, but it is not my sphere, and nor do I want it."

Morrissey used that autobio to praise himself, alot is of its content is propbably changed to benefit him. Don't take it as and objective source, wait for marrs autobio to get both side of the saga

I'm pretty sure that Damon paints his nails because he is around anyway. Regarding fights, the following quote ...

"For what will be the second time, I floor Leslie, he all bluff and little-man threats, yet soft to the touch in the heel of the hammerlock. I do not know where my uppercuts come from, but there they are, an orbit of finishing blows rising from somewhere deep within, overtaking the final push that panics the body into do-or-die strength. It is a vigorous high, but it is not my sphere, and nor do I want it."

Oh, yes, the 'boxer' stuff. *rollseyes* Real Alphas, like BB don't need fists or muscles. Too much effort. He has the psycho eyes, then can go straight o the Stanley if anyone wants a life-long memory of meeting him. Or teeth on earlobes or testicles. Etc. Last time BB punched someone they were on liquid food with a wired jaw for a month. Trained boxer but gave it up as he nearly killed various little brats. I bet Morrissey is fearsome when he's in the Red Mist. LOLOLOL!

best
BB

There is really only one way to settle this. Someone here on MSolo, same size and height as moz, must challenge morrissey to a fight and if morrissey accepts the fight, they tell us who won.

Morrissey used that autobio to praise himself, alot is of its content is propbably changed to benefit him. Don't take it as and objective source, wait for marrs autobio to get both side of the saga

:crazy: Marr can't provide his "side of the saga" regarding the part I quoted. It took part in Morrissey's teenage years. Furthermore I didn't quote this part because Moz is "praising himself" in it but because he says "... but it is not my sphere, and nor do I want it ..." and I thought that is exactly the same thing you said yourself in your last couple of posts. And I certainly don't need you to tell me that it's not "an objective source". I never claimed it and nor can it really be because as soon as you tell something from your perspective it is subjective. And this is true for everybody. For Moz, for Marr, for the Pope ...

:crazy: Marr can't provide his "side of the saga" regarding the part I quoted. It took part in Morrissey's teenage years. Furthermore I didn't quote this part because Moz is "praising himself" in it but because he says "... but it is not my sphere, and nor do I want it ..." and I thought that is exactly the same thing you said yourself in your last couple of posts. And I certainly don't need you to tell me that it's not "an objective source". I never claimed it and nor can it really be because as soon as you tell something from your perspective it is subjective. And this is true for everybody. For Moz, for Marr, for the Pope ...
You are right, morrissey might be able too fight. I personally belive that the fight with leslie, was much more even as morrissey potrays it. But you are right even if morrissey can fight or not, he is the bigger man and chooses not to, as i mentorer before. I personally do not see morrissey as such a great fighter. We don't really know how weak leslie is.

What i meant with the marr bit, is that it will show another view of morrisseys personality. I would like to compare that view, with how morrissey portays himself during different situations in the autobio. Has marr witnessed a fight between morrissey and someone else, and how did that end?

Last edited by a moderator:
The smiley indicates that its a complement. But the phrase sounds mean.
So i will go with the following rebuttal
Thank you bitch
:|

If you meant it in a nasty way, then i have just this to say. No man or woman who says the love the Smiths more than the beatles because, and i qoute "Morrissey is more handsome and charming" has the the right to call anyone childlike. Because they are themself just a schoolboy or schoolgirl.

oh, it wasn't nasty at all, perhaps it's a language and personality barrier.

i have written handsome/charismatic not charming:)(in my language difference is enormous:)) and 'hot' is the term i use for those i personally know.

your great love for the beatles is not a cliche, i think. from someone else's point of view morrissey could be a cliche - who is authorized to approve and judge our choices and preferences?!

p.s. :)

You are right, morrissey might be able too fight. I personally belive that the fight with leslie, was much more even as morrissey potrays it. But you are right even if morrissey can fight or not, he is the bigger man and chooses not to, as i mentorer before. I personally do not see morrissey as such a great fighter. We don't really know how weak leslie is.

What i meant with the marr bit, is that it will show another view of morrisseys personality. I would like to compare that view, with how morrissey portays himself during different situations in the autobio. Has marr witnessed a fight between morrissey and someone else, and how did that end?

Yeah, whatever ... It's off topic but I have to post this twitter conversation. Made me lol.

sophie ‏@runwayinchicago
1 Min.Vor 1 Minute

@lewpreme oh my god imagine, do you think Morrissey would finally be happy in heaven?

LEWIS VUITTON ‏@lewpreme
56 Sek.Vor 57 Sekunden

@runwayinchicago I'm sure he would find something to complain about!

kidney punch, in the gut etc

A smaller person would have gone for the swift knee up the balls, but Solomon being quite tall, he probably just punched what was facing him.

Morrissey may be big but, with age, he's become quite slow. Im sure you could hit him and move to a different country before he had enough time to realize...

oh, it wasn't nasty at all, perhaps it's a language and personality barrier.

i have written handsome/charismatic not charming:)(in my language difference is enormous:)) and 'hot' is the term i use for those i personally know.

your great love for the beatles is not a cliche, i think. from someone else's point of view morrissey could be a cliche - who is authorized to approve and judge our choices and preferences?!

p.s. :)

In that case my dear:sweet:
I should seriously calm down :rofl: Sry for misqouting you :)

This site has teached me something. Im always on the war path :(

I sincerly apologize for my behaviour Anonymouswithapologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, yes, the 'boxer' stuff. *rollseyes* Real Alphas, like BB don't need fists or muscles. Too much effort. He has the psycho eyes, then can go straight o the Stanley if anyone wants a life-long memory of meeting him. Or teeth on earlobes or testicles. Etc. Last time BB punched someone they were on liquid food with a wired jaw for a month. Trained boxer but gave it up as he nearly killed various little brats. I bet Morrissey is fearsome when he's in the Red Mist. LOLOLOL!

best
BB

Why you telling lies Handy? You were the bullied weakling, hence all your spouting on here, makes you feel tough, when no none can see you.

Hey i don't agree with you. But everyone has a diffrent opinion. The Beatles were and are always my first love. And yeah Morrissey is more handsome than the Beatles(with the exception of Paul McCartney) but that does not affect the quality of music. He is just hotter, than the beatles, i won't ever love any band more for such trivial things.For me it is, that the Smiths and Morrissey connects with me in a more emotional way. But i enjoy listening to the Beatles more.

I know that it is a common and cliche thing to say, but the Beatles truly are the best. A bit overrated, but that goes for all music.
The Beatles were nothing more than the 60s version of "one direction" I suppose you like them as well? What about "take that" big fan are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Why you telling lies Handy? You were the bullied weakling, hence all your spouting on here, makes you feel tough, when no none can see you.
Don't encourage him, he's mentally ill

In that case my dear:sweet:
I should seriously calm down :rofl: Sry for misqouting you :)

This site has teached me something. Im always on the war path :(

I sincerly apologize for my behaviour Anonymouswithapologies.

:) never mind, all forgiven - whole life is 'school', one 'learns' till the final day, i think.

take one small present: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZhz-ytFbp0

p.s. apologies to moderators for off-topic

when deciding the best of anything with anyone you should first establish a standard and then make cases as to why you think that should be the standard and why you think your fav meets it. makes for a better conversation

oops, i missed this. :)

standard would be polls and everything related to publishing statistics (pre and internet era). unmeasurable would be opinion of greatest authorities??? in literary/musical domain and of the critique???. (explanation: ??? - who will proclaim the greatest authorities and objective critique) **

my fav hasn't got chance in any category, he isn't famous even in his home town. :)

p.s. ** since no one is interested to do this serious study, we are free to chat here spontaneously :)

Sadly, I have to agree with almost every word of this. It would have been wonderful to have had a figure in popular culture who was genuinely for the animals and for human freedom, but Morrissey has proved to be just another chancer on the make, albeit with a beautiful voice. His looks are fading and he's got no way out as he glorified his youth so now must deal with the emergence of the gnarled visage from the attic. Yes, he's sometimes casually misogynist so his genderqueer schtick is a crock of shit. His sudden use of the word 'Vegan' is naked fear as he realises how easy it will be to bring his alabaster crashing down once a figure emerges who isn't going to pander to his delusions. That would be "BrummieBoy" by the way, circa 9/11/2016, or that's the projected launch date.

"BrummieBoy" has a tweed jacket and a pair of handmade leather shoes which were bequeathed to him by a deceased lover, a Catholic priest. He agonises about what to do with them. They're unethical so if he can't wear them, he can't ethically donate them to charity and put that bad karma on someone else, even if they're very poor. He thought of burying the items in a concentration camp 'field' where his cow friends live as they await butchery once they can no longer provide Milk For Morrissey's Cheesetarianism. Morrissey hasn't formally issued a 'mea culpa, mea maxima culpa' for the last 33 years of Vegetarian Bullshiting. Until he does, he's on trial. And his entire back catalogue is a stinking crank-fraud mess with his vocals wheezing with bovine Slaughter/Torture/Rape detritus from his back-stage cheese binging. He needs to fess up, make a clean start and stop being an arsehole about animal issues and about all the sexuality/asexuality dance of 7 veils he cavorts around with trying to be 'mysterious and enigmatic'. For a balding, greying man of 55 to still be suggesting anyone gives a f*** if he takes it up the arse or swallows pork swords instead of/as well as being a dicksman with the ladies, then he's delusional. If he's asexual, so what? Who cares? It's all part of human experience and there's no longer any label (or absence of) that anyone other than the local rugby club cares about. I guess that's his target demographic: repressed lads. But even Gareth Thomas has smashed that closet to bits. Only Premier League footie left. Is he a member of the Gay Gooners? BB is affiliated but he's Queer, not 'gay' or 'bi' as he has serious issues with the bi-phobia and transphobia of the current iteration that is LGBT. And why should Lesbians get the first initial of the acronym? f*** that Misandrist shit. Morrissey is way past his sell-by date and is a total sell-out playing his excellent WPINOYB at the usual ridiculous Audience rip-off arena enormodomes, even if they're not even full. Ouch!

The co-dependent enabling of Julia and the rest of The List is just revolting. And ridiculous. Is he such a scaredy-cat that he can't face a real Audience? He usually bottles it at festivals when he's just another item on the bill. Does he really need these Trustafarians to be in his direct eye-line as reassurance? He must know that people like me and you are gurgling in the circle. Actually, most of his core audience have f***ed off in disgust at his trolling. He has a great voice, writes sometimes excellent lyrics and is moderately amusing to watch as he cavorts about the stage like a drunk dad at a wedding. But he can take his bogus 'authenticity script' and stick it up his arse. His 'remember me...always remember I love you' is just preposterous. Trolling CANCER and then telling paying customers he 'loves' them? What a jackass. It's up to him. Either he stops being a total spineless jerk and finally releases His Vegan Voice or he can crash and burn. I'll enjoy watching either way, but there's no way his Legacy will not now include 33 Years of Trolling Animal Rights and Human Sexuality. He better get on his knees with those rosary beads and pray before "BrummieBoy" as Punk-Sabbath Vegan Brummies don't take kindly to a Mancunian upstart who pilfered his entire persona from a certain 'shy bald Buddhist from Birmingham' One day Lawrence of Belgravia will tell the truth if his brain ever recovers from The Drugs And Alcohol. Etc.

best
BB

It would be nice to see a different side of Morrissey that is more genuine.For someone who claims to be such a private person his media trolling is pretty abundant.A more private person wouldn't need to keep trolling in that manner. Remembers a point where he mentioned having integrity, etc. etc. Pretty much everything he has done in recent past has been the complete opposite of this .He has such obsessive fans that a lot of them have seen through that veil then when he decides to address it via his book most people already knew that stuff. Personally , I think there could have been a lot of other things mentioned in his book that would have shed more light however he conveniently left those things out .The " I love you" nonsense is ridiculous. He doesn't even interact with his fans and I completely agree with you in what you said about the enabling. Even when recently that video was reposted of Julia proclaiming her fandom from back in what was it the 1990's? She really sounds super creepy. His audience is much wider than the first few rows and the rewarded people who kiss his ass. To be honest , when I attended concerts in the past maybe the location where I was I never encountered this as much but the more I see of it , the less inclined I would be to ever attend a show. I am totally appalled by this behavior and I expect to go to a concert to hear music and have fun not listen to some douche who thinks they are part of the higher echelons of Morrissey society. I don't care for that pseudo self important I can isolate myself because I am special BS .If you talk to a variety of people deep down they have all felt like an outsider at one time or another . WE ALL DO.How is acting like an ass creating any form of self acceptance? There is too much group think and cultishness to this and people are individuals. He plays right into it . He could really reinvent himself a little bit rather than continuing to flog the same things over and over again . Also , I get that it is his choice but he should try to revisit some of his back catalogue and bring something new to the table rather than playing the same old songs over and over again. I would think it would be exciting to do this . Some of the songs in those set lists are way overdone at this point and there are a lot of people who would be thrilled to have him change things up. He does have a beautiful voice and I really always admired a lot of the lyrics that he wrote but the fan elitism and negativity and favoritism really makes enjoying his music a disappointment. I really had no idea that from when I first heard him I would see a day where so many fan people were just so ugly and obsessive and addicted to him .He has created a culture of illness for the most part with his dishonesty.He obviously with the message he is putting out really does rely on his past image and clearly cannot come to terms with his aging hence the regurgitated photos that people who lived through those times recognize quite easily.He is still a handsome man. I think he is very good looking even though he is aging but to frank that isn't what made me listen in the first place. I think it was more of an emotional response. I have so many memories from way back in the day until now and it is such a disappointment to be aware of all of these things now .We all grow. we all discover things about ourselves. You can't keep limiting yourself to an age that has come and gone. I completely agree with you that he should come clean and try a fresh start. It would really add some vigor and life and even a little punch. it would be so refreshing and welcome. I am sick of his gender queer schtick. I have always know people of varying sexual preferences and nobody makes a big deal out of it this is just who they are.why is his sexuality so much more important than anyone else? Good god he needs to get over himself . The truth is he is a well off person and his lifestyle has afforded him many luxuries but he just dicks with his fans and trolls them.This is the truth. Some of the announcements he make have no relevance to other people and do not involve them and if someone did want to be involved he would snub them regardless. I really think he needs to make some changes.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom