Most of the top 10 Smiths rarities for sale in one pop Negative sleeve, MIM Mayking, white label 7"

Re: Most of the top 10 Smiths rarities for sale in one pop. Negative sleeve, MIM Mayking, white label 7" and 10", ST German multi color

Isn't that just a great set of auctions.I would love the Charming Man test press but £2150 is beyond me. It's great to see those 12" scrapped sleeve designs too, but can't force myself to bid on those.I am keeping a beady eye on the MIM 7" and 12" white labels as there starting prices seem acceptable but don't think he will get much joy with those transcription discs, I'm sure I saw one sell for around £50 not too many moons ago!!

Re: Most of the top 10 Smiths rarities for sale in one pop. Negative sleeve, MIM Mayking, white label 7" and 10", ST German multi color

The transcription discs are the only ones i'm not fussed about. All the rest i'm like, gimmie gimmie gimmie. If i could choose one, i'd probably pick the TCM 7" TP but i also love the That Joke Sleeve, and one of those MIM TP's lol. Not often a Negative sleeve gets overshadowed but its not even in my top 4 desirables out of this sellers lot.

The BBC Transcription Discs which usually go for around £50.00 are the 'Top Of The Pops' (not the TV programme) issues. Those two, being the 'In Concert' shows from Oxford Apollo 1985 & Kilburn National 1986 are much more desirable. I've certainly seen both go for several hundred pounds.

In almost 25 years of collector Smiths in vinyl I never seen this BBC LP In Concert 399 Kilburn.

I just know one Person who has got both BBS LPs, too.

When I got it, my brother made an interesting CD-R from vinyl
to CD-R (Photos attached). Qualtity is brilliant.

If anyone interesetd I will copy this CD-R (without artwork)
for shipping costs only. Its probably not possible to send
the files through E-Mail.

Thanks
Stefan R

Attachments

• BBC1.JPG
    BBC1.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 278
  • BBC2.JPG
    BBC2.JPG
    1.9 KB · Views: 279
The BBC Transcription Discs which usually go for around £50.00 are the 'Top Of The Pops' (not the TV programme) issues. Those two, being the 'In Concert' shows from Oxford Apollo 1985 & Kilburn National 1986 are much more desirable. I've certainly seen both go for several hundred pounds.

I presumed there must have been something special about them just by looking at the rest of the sellers lots, you learn something new everyday. That being said though I'm not sure they will make the £1400 or so being asked for to start the bidding but it will be interesting to see if they do.

Hi ,
Did anyone on here buy any of these items ? , i emailed the guy about the MIM Mayking pressing but recieved no reply , the reason i ask is a few years back wasnt this seller from germany sussed out of selling fake items ?

Has anyone actually ever come across a fake test pressing? The test pressing of This Charming Man he was selling was used in Record collector magazine wasn't it? The Hand in Glove negative sleeve would always concern me as would any of those aborted sleeve designs, I guess if you know a good printer they could be forged but actual vinyl pressings- I doubt it very much. Surely if it was so ebay would be full of them by now but I can't recall ever seeing anything like that, anyone else?

Has anyone actually ever come across a fake test pressing? The test pressing of This Charming Man he was selling was used in Record collector magazine wasn't it? The Hand in Glove negative sleeve would always concern me as would any of those aborted sleeve designs, I guess if you know a good printer they could be forged but actual vinyl pressings- I doubt it very much. Surely if it was so ebay would be full of them by now but I can't recall ever seeing anything like that, anyone else?

The TCM 7" test is mentioned on the passions site so I'm guessing the seller is well known to hardcore "top end" Smiths collectors. The seller has been mentioned to me a few times by other collectors but never any mention of fakes so I think that must be another seller.

Hi ,
Did anyone on here buy any of these items ? , i emailed the guy about the MIM Mayking pressing but recieved no reply , the reason i ask is a few years back wasnt this seller from germany sussed out of selling fake items ?

I got the German MultiColour, i've had frequent contact with him this week and has shipped my item today. No reason to believe any of these items are fake.

I've purchased big ticket items from Stefan in the past and haven't had any negative experiences in timeliness or item authenticity.

Back
Top Bottom