Essential Boots

Introducing Morrissey audio rip

morrissey_introducing_morrissey.jpg

cavqv7

..apologies that this is only in 160; couldn't find a better copy or a FLAC version on Smithstorrents.

Still sounds fine. Good soundboard recording presumably lifted from the VHS....it predates the DVD release. Great set.

Download

Morrissey: Dublin Castle/Heineken Green Energy Fest

morrissey_5_6_2004001.jpg

Download

Wiki info

...this is in 256. Sorry, couldn't find a FLAC link for you. Great, great bootleg.

Morrissey: Pinkpop Fest 2006

91150263-photo-of-morrissey-morrissey-pinkpop-gettyimages.jpg

Couldnt find FLAC of this on Smithstorrents; only video. Many thanks to whoever ripped it and uploaded it originally.

Wiki info

Download

Morrissey: Greek Theater, Los Angeles 1997

greek-ad.jpg

Admittedly not the greatest sound quality but it's certainly a listenable document (supposedly soundboard) from the Maladjusted tour; a live period in Morrissey's career from which good-sounding bootlegs are at a premium.

Download

Source/credit info/FLAC versions available at Smithstorrents here and/or here and/or here.

Wiki info

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey: Olympia; Paris 2002

65f490d2c01ec92f1efa754fbbc8289d.jpg

AFF.jpg

I stumbled across this one; forgot I had it. Very good sound; technically not an essential boot and at twelve tracks it's most certainly not the complete show but it sounds really good and it's a nice artifact from the Comeback tour.

Download

Here is a FLAC version of the complete show from Smithstorrents. I assume it's the same recording. I'd download it and convert it but frankly, as solid as this boot is; I'd rather spend my time and energy on other ones tonight.

Morrissey: Vina Del Mar 2012

628x471.jpg

...excellent document from the Wilderness Years 2.0 period...put up here originally by FLAX, I believe.

Download

Morrissey: Phoenix 2002

171-0609104401-phoenix_postcard.jpg

...a very good quality audience recording in which he publicly debuts First Of The Gang To Die, The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores, Mexico, a terrifically revamped Jack The Ripper, and a one-time-only live version of At Amber, as well as the first performances of Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want (in an anomalous full on rock arrangement as the set's opening salvo) and There Is A Light That Never Goes Out in (then) 16 years.

Really good show.

ed-sullivan-tall.jpg

Wiki info

Download

Morrissey: Rock AM Ring 2006

$_35.JPG

Arguably the best document from the 2006 tour. Probably a video/web rip. Can't find FLAC audio or original uploader info on Smithstorrents.

Download

Wiki info

Morrissey: Phoenix 2002
...a very good quality audience recording in which he publicly debuts First Of The Gang To Die, The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores, Mexico, a terrifically revamped Jack The Ripper, and a one-time-only live version of At Amber, as well as the first performances of Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want (in an anomalous full on rock arrangement as the set's opening salvo) and There Is A Light That Never Goes Out in (then) 16 years.

Really good show
Totally agree, this was a monumental gig.
Thank you for your continued efforts to keep the bootleg section alive. Appreciated,
Cheers,
FWD

Gonna smash this thread when I get home from work - need some new things to listen to on the treadmill these days.

Thank you very much for sharing.

And I maintain, PPPLMGWIW from Phoenix was his band covering Muse's cover of the Smiths.

Morrissey: Paris 2014

paris.jpg

This was kindly put up originally here in two increments awhile back by Solo user docinwestchester. It's soundboard sourced; an internet radio rip. A little muddy sounding but still very listenable and certainly at this point the best we're going to get from this touring period.

This link is to both chunks together, in the right order. Several tracks are missing though as I do not believe the whole show was broadcast. Perhaps they have since turned up; Smithstorrents had a thread about it but the links seemed bad so I didn't bother linking to it here.

Wiki show info

Download

The Smiths: The Electric Ballroom December 1983

dingwalls.jpg

Download

A good audience recording more historic than anything else. A very early show in their career, and the first time Barbarism was played...over a year before the studio version was released. Different lyrics, different arrangement, everything.

Smithstorrents FLAC

Wiki show notes

Back
Top Bottom