Essential Boots

Morrissey:Malmo 2002

hqdefault.jpg

Download

One of the best bootlegs of his career. To me this almost sounds like sounboard, and is mp3...but the Smithstorrents link below is to a FLAC recording which I've got and I've played the two side by side and the FLAC version sounds more obviously audience sourced and I think is cut up differently. The Solo Wiki does not mention two versions of the boot, only the audience one...so I don't know. The FLAC version, although quite enjoyable, is nowhere near as satisfying as this MP3 soundboard recording.

If the version I have uploaded IS a different recording, I do not know who is responsible for leaking it, or whether or not it is actually soundboard; it's been around a long time and since it's never been lossy it's not allowed on Smithstorrents.

Wiki notes

FLAC from Smithstorrents

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey: Roundhouse 2008 (w/bonus Mexico City 2011)

morr8sm_opt.jpg

Two XFM broadcasts (Scotland and Manchester) of the same show; each with slight differences in the tracklist. Sound for both is excellent but maybe the Manchester is a little cleaner.

I've tacked on four songs from Mexico City 2011 that were broadcast in...maybe a webstream? Radio stream? Can't remember. If memory serves !Viva Hate! ripped them and presented them here; said he could only get four that were uninterrupted by DJ gibberish. So I've added them as bonus songs here.

PS...How Soon is Now appears in the XFM broadcasts three times (one for Scotland and two for Manchester) but two were incomplete broadcasts so I've cut them.

Wiki info (Roundhouse)
Wiki info (Mexico City)

Smithstorrents FLAC (Roundhouse)

http://www.smithstorrents.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4934

Download

...So, I hope to get at least one more up tonight. I've had a few days off from work but that's no more, so time is gonna be a little tighter for me now.

I still have a lot of shows to post; including audio I am gonna have to rip and cut up from some DVDs...so my goal is to try and get at least one or two bootlegs up each day, if time permits, until I'm done.

Morrissey: BBC Theater 2009

(UPDATED FROM ORIGINAL POST)
Originally I was under the impression that this bootleg was an audio rip of the video on Smithstorrents (here). I couldn't find original audio on Smithstorrents. I guess I didn't look hard enough or use the search engine thingie there properly.

Anyway after I originally posted about this show, Wilterri chimed in explaining that not only was there an original FLAC audio rip of the broadcast (containing the commonly circulated tracklist), but that there was also an alternate audio rip that included two additional songs (All You Need Is Me and First Of The Gang To Die)...which for six years I never even knew had been played.

However, THAT version excluded Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself.

Wilterri said both were indeed on Smithstorrents; I looked harder and found them.

So now I have updated this post and what I have uploaded in MP3 is an amalgam I did of the two rips, so that all tracks could be present....the original versions from Smithstorrents (in FLAC) are linked to below.

The audio on both original rips is excellent; granted there is a noticeable (though not disconcerting) difference in sound. Version 1 is more robust whereas Version 2 sounds tighter.

0.jpg

Smithstorrents FLAC source (Version 1)
Smithstorrents FLAC source (Version 2)

Download Mp3 (Version 3)

Wiki notes

Morrissey: MEN Arena 2004 (DVD audio rip)

300px-WhoPuttheMinManchesterCover.jpg

I'm not sure who is responsible for this rip; it's the audio from Who Put The M In Manchester. I couldn't find a FLAC source so I don't know. They did a great job; it's a great show.

Download

Wiki

The Smiths: Brixton Dec. 86 (The Final Show)

300px-1986-12-12-Ticket-Stub-01.jpg

This is the "Big Al" recording (named for the bootlegger back in the day I guess)...not mixing desk sourced like the b-sides that came from it but still a pretty respectable audience recording. And it's an historic show.

I guess the Big Al version substitutes a random performance of The Queen Is Dead for the one actually played (the version played at this show is lost or something) so I put in its place a version from this show but sourced from the other circulating recording, which is also audience sourced but not as good as Big Al's tape.

More bootleg details/FLAC sources below.

Wiki show notes
Smithstorrents (Big Al)
Smithstorrents (Not Big Al)

Download

Morrissey: BBC Theater 2009

0.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is an audio rip from this video; the only other source I saw on Smithstorrents was FLAC audio and it was missing Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself; whereas this audio (and the aforementioned video I'm guessing it came from) has it.

Download

Wiki notes

There's 2 bbc radio broadcasts of this one. Other one has why don't you find out, in the second one findout is replaced to first of the gang to die. Both are in smithstorrents.

There's 2 bbc radio broadcasts of this one. Other one has why don't you find out, in the second one findout is replaced to first of the gang to die. Both are in smithstorrents.

Thanks. All this time I had no idea that All You Need Is Me and First of The Gang To Die had even been played.

I've tracked down the Smithstorrents audio for both rips and I've edited my original post/upload accordingly here.

Thanks again.

MORRISSEY
UCLA PAULEY PAVILION 1991
and
GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL ENGLAND 2004

Elizabeth-Taylor-and-James-Dean-elizabeth-taylor-7556158-531-404.jpg

...here in one boot are two short but excellent sounding sets. UCLA 1991 was cut short due to crowd insanity...which if you listen to the between-song banter was encouraged by Morrissey. The Glasto set from 2004 is brilliant.

I couldn't find FLAC on Glasto or source info about who originally uploaded it. Whoever they are, many thanks.

UCLA info and source FLAC is below.

Smithstorrents FLAC (UCLA)

Wiki info (Pauley Pavilion)
Wiki info (Glastonbury 1995)

Download

First of all: thanks for the rockpalast upload. The Smiths at their finest
secondly: how long will these links work/be valid? My computer recently ate shit and died and taking with it, poor downloaded mp3 souls. I will get a new computer in about two weeks.

Finally thanks for this skylarker, not many people would have done this! :)

THE SMITHS
MADRID 1985
"On Water" version

capture_20150501_233554.png

...A sublime fan re-master of a show from '85.

Smithstorrents FLAC

Wiki notes

Download

It was me that did that. Thanks for the "sublime".

I'd recommend people go for this instead, though: http://smithstorrents.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4862

It's a video of the same concert with the same audio, expect one annoying glitch has been fixed (I think it is during Barbarism) which is present on the audio version.

The audio track is lossless, so if you really want the sound without the pictures you can extract it in VLC media player or another program you might use.

Back
Top Bottom