Before or after show meeting?

Has anyone ever met Moz before or after a show? Does he ever hang out in the town after performing? I'm debating stalking him at the sound check in NOLA. Any tips or tricks are greatly appreciated.

No. He doesn't like to talk to anyone before a gig. He runs into the venue with security and you cannot enter the theatre during soundcheck.

He doesn't go out after gigs, he goes back on the bus or to the hotel to preserve his health. At the most you'll get to see Boz at the bar.

Leave him alone.

What is to be gained by "stalking him"? 99% chance you won't even get a glimpse of him. And even if you do, he certainly won't pay you or anyone else any mind. Enjoy the show, meet other fans, perhaps run into Boz holding court at a nearby joint afterwards (as mentioned above), but forget about meeting Morrissey.

Morrissey rarely sound-checks with the band anyways - usually only when they are about to add something different (old or new) to the setlist and the band has already run through it a bunch of times on their own.

Last edited:
A people don't bagger him for trying to meet his idol, who would not want to. But the fact of the matter is that he is quick as monkey to get in and out of concerts with out a trace

A people don't bagger him for trying to meet his idol, who would not want to. But the fact of the matter is that he is quick as monkey to get in and out of concerts with out a trace

Because he's trying to do his job and prepare for a show and stalking him isn't right. You tend to forget he's a human being, not some bucket-list fantasy to pose in photos with and cry over how much you love his music.

He actually did do a soundcheck in Bournemouth-I could hear him saying "Owwwww owwww ow ow ow" over the microphone as the band played around for about an hour.

Because he's trying to do his job and prepare for a show and stalking him isn't right. You tend to forget he's a human being, not some bucket-list fantasy to pose in photos with and cry over how much you love his music.

He actually did do a soundcheck in Bournemouth-I could hear him saying "Owwwww owwww ow ow ow" over the microphone as the band played around for about an hour.
Jesus you missed My point completely, i mean that it is normal for a fan to want to meet his idol but it is an unlikely scenario. Of course i know Morrissey has a right to privacy, but still in all honest, if you knew that Morrissey was having a drink at a bar next to you would you not go to meet him. He is an idol, he has touched many people and it is only human to want to talk to him.
Nevertheless no one should ever stalk anyone, but in this case the thread starter just wanted to know if they had a chance to meet them
Don't get your panties in a twist

Jesus you missed My point completely, i mean that it is normal for a fan to want to meet his idol but it is an unlikely scenario. Of course i know Morrissey has a right to privacy, but still in all honest, if you knew that Morrissey was having a drink at a bar next to you would you not go to meet him. He is an idol, he has touched many people and it is only human to want to talk to him.
Nevertheless no one should ever stalk anyone, but in this case the thread starter just wanted to know if they had a chance to meet them
Don't get your panties in a twist

He's not an idol, he's a person.

If he was at a bar next to me I would never bother him.

I think if it were at a bar, I'd shake his hand and tell him it's an honor to meet him. If he wanted to be left alone, I'd do so though.

Either way, stalking him when he's obviously trying not to talk to people is pretty disrespectful.

you have a better chance of meeting him if you can afford to be in the lobby bar oft he hotel hes staying at. if you do see him just say hey stephen or hey moz and keep going about you biz. judge the attitude your hello is received with and go from there to decide if you can approach for a moment. this is always the way i try and go about talking to celebrities (sorry for the insult moz) that i would obviously love to talk to. if it works you get a better conversation than the usual perfunctory and if they dont respond well or at all then you get to leave without the perhaps painful memory of being a bumpkin upon meeting your (very literate in this case so read doubly embarrassing) idol

you have a better chance of meeting him if you can afford to be in the lobby bar oft he hotel hes staying at. if you do see him just say hey stephen or hey moz and keep going about you biz. judge the attitude your hello is received with and go from there to decide if you can approach for a moment. this is always the way i try and go about talking to celebrities (sorry for the insult moz) that i would obviously love to talk to. if it works you get a better conversation than the usual perfunctory and if they dont respond well or at all then you get to leave without the perhaps painful memory of being a bumpkin upon meeting your (very literate in this case so read doubly embarrassing) idol

Don't EVER call him Steven.

Don't EVER call him Steven.

Oh Jesus :rofl: i can see him just hulking out after someone calls him Steven
" never call me Steven!"

- - - Updated - - -

Does he stay in super expensive bars? I always saw him as a person in smaller quiet bars

Oh Jesus :rofl: i can see him just hulking out after someone calls him Steven
" never call me Steven!"

- - - Updated - - -

Does he stay in super expensive bars? I always saw him as a person in smaller quiet bars

There you go with your assumptions. The man likes All expensive things, such as hotels and bars.

Jesus the anons on MSolo are like a disease that pester you constantly. clueless and unable to ease up

- - - Updated - - -

There you go with your assumptions. The man likes All expensive things, such as hotels and bars.

No f***ing assumptions, he just seemed like that to me. So fine he loves the high-life, now leave me alone!

He doesn't hang around a city after the gig. Often he's out of the back door of the venue and several miles down the motorway heading towards the next town before the band have finished taking a bow.

Even before gigs, he often stays in out of town hotels to avoid people like you.

He doesn't hang around a city after the gig. Often he's out of the back door of the venue and several miles down the motorway heading towards the next town before the band have finished taking a bow.

Even before gigs, he often stays in out of town hotels to avoid people like you.

Meanwhile the band stays at the local motorway hotel.

Morrissey and his fans

I know Moz rarely stops for fans outside of concerts to give autographs or chat but I remember a thread where someone said that he "gives back in more subtle ways". Since I'm just into Moz since laughable 3 years can someone give examples of those "subtle ways"? For example, does he know fans by name? Does he remember conversations with fans? Does he keep or acknowledge fan gifts? I'm just curious (and actually have no passion to read through countless old threads to be honest).

Arrival tme

I was hoping to meet the man. What time does he arrive at venues or does it change.
Do they come early etc. any info would be appreciated. Going to see him in Cincinnati
Thanks for any info

Re: Arrival tme

I was hoping to meet the man. What time does he arrive at venues or does it change.
Do they come early etc. any info would be appreciated. Going to see him in Cincinnati
Thanks for any info

He doesn't meet fans before gigs.

I remember when I saw him a few years ago he did say he had visited a couple of spots in town and there connection to history so he must go out and about a bit but I imagine its the day before the show if schedule permits

Back
Top Bottom