Smiths will reform

A

Anonymous

The Smiths will reform for a one-off world tour within the next 5 years. You heard it here first!

We've heard it all before, but as I keep saying, it's the ONLY thing Morrissey can do. I have always been certain it will happen someday.

P.

oh i dont know, he can continue to write both fiction and non which will probably sell well im predicting. he can also go on making records that sell just fine. i mean johnys records dont sell nearly the same as mozs and i dont think people want him to reform the smiths because its all he can do.

Nothing like a Smiths reunion when they are all in their 60's.... good times!!!

The only way this would happen would be if Boz betrayed him in some horrendous way and Morrissey experienced some sort of financial blow out.

I have always been certain it will happen SOMEDAY.

P.

SOMEDAY? But when should that be? The time is running out. I don't believe that Moz has five more years on stage to go (sadly). I honestly believe that he is trying to prepare his retirement from live shows even though it can't be easy after so many years. But I certainly don't see him in a postition to endure the physical and emotional stress of a Smiths reunion, let alone a world tour. And that's for the best, really.

SOMEDAY? But when should that be? The time is running out. I don't believe that Moz has five more years on stage to go (sadly). I honestly believe that he is trying to prepare his retirement from live shows even though it can't be easy after so many years. But I certainly don't see him in a postition to endure the physical and emotional stress of a Smiths reunion, let alone a world tour. And that's for the best, really.

ive been saying this since world peace dropped but more out of fear than anything. fear and a few signs im trying to ignore. from the interview marr gave i think he said no smiths reunion and i believe him unless hes just trollin smiths fans and lying

We've heard it all before, but as I keep saying, it's the ONLY thing Morrissey can do. I have always been certain it will happen someday.

P.

Wrong, as always. Morrissey can and does so much more and he has proven it. Can't say so much for you and the other smiths. Your certainty proves your foolishness...but keep on blathering about whatever it is you blather on about.

J.

He'll tour until he drops dead.

i think so to but i do think the age and desire for time devoted to something else be it a person or a project will change the way he tours i. e. theyll be long or longer gaps between tours and hell play less spots etc but i think hell be singing from a bench if thats whats needed. maybe do a more lush crooner set in a small room or something such. i saw herbie hancock in d.c not long ago and guy tore it up at seventy five with a nice call and response improve, or what i thought was sorta improved, between him and the other players. he was great so i dont think age alone will do morrissey in and certainly not lack of interest all together

Wrong, as always. Morrissey can and does so much more and he has proven it. Can't say so much for you and the other smiths. Your certainty proves your foolishness...but keep on blathering about whatever it is you blather on about.

J.

It think you are right and at least Moz can, theoretically, sing every single Smiths song. Johnny can't. Either because his vocals aren't strong enough (I Know It's Over) or out of respect for Moz (Asleep). I actually was at a Johnny Marr concert once and someone in the audience constantly asked for "Asleep" to be played. I found it so embarrassing because every person with a bit of common sense would come to the conclusion that Johnny would never sing that song.

As long as Morrissey can still do a UK enormo-dome arena tour as a solo artist, then no - he won't.
It's all about the cing-ching-ching, and he can still make those cash registers ring without having to split it with Johnny.

Back
Top Bottom