Calling all Suede fans

I haven't got around to hearing all of Brett's solo work, but I have the three live albums released by Concertlive of his 2007 tour to promote his first solo album and I really like the solo tracks he played especially 'Love is Dead'

if you do check out the others you might wanna try black rainbows which is a little bit more pop rock while slow attack is a bit more autumn with shady strings and dry acoustic guitars. wilderness his second album, is my second fav but not for all or the casual brett fan perhaps. very stark and very short, a set of ten songs with bretts vocals an acoustic guitar and a cello so it can sound minimal but also the wintery vibe throughout makes it work. if you listen you can hear bretts footsteps as he enters and leaves and when he moves the bench which gives a feeling that youre listening to a private performance in a room

if you do check out the others you might wanna try black rainbows which is a little bit more pop rock while slow attack is a bit more autumn with shady strings and dry acoustic guitars. wilderness his second album, is my second fav but not for all or the casual brett fan perhaps. very stark and very short, a set of ten songs with bretts vocals an acoustic guitar and a cello so it can sound minimal but also the wintery vibe throughout makes it work. if you listen you can hear bretts footsteps as he enters and leaves and when he moves the bench which gives a feeling that youre listening to a private performance in a room

Thanks for the quick assessment. I plan to give all the albums a proper listen in the near future. I would def. go and see him live if he ever tours again.

Skylarker, your 'Coming Up - Fan edit' is excellent, I'm really enjoying it. Where did that version of 'We're So Disco' come from?

I think 'Head Music' will get a listen tonight, I have high hopes :p

stay together, full eight minute twenty second version, is the best song ever written

in my opinion

regards

I was very impressed with the recent live version. I was impressed in general with bretts live choices/reworkings. the acoustic shes in fashion, his whole solo live album was a brilliant move imo in almost all ways musical and business relating. cant wait for the new one.

all im trying to tell you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irs5MZa66KY

I don't know how to reach you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV-0SvPQ_nU

some new sued songs people have probably heard but maybe some haven't so whats it hurt to perhaps ring in a newbie

im kinda on the fence about these and the vocals at tiems sound sorta similar but I do like the music and that hes let Richard branch out a bit musically and hit solo here and there without him singing over it. theyre both a little to brooding for my tastes which honestly I don't think suede really were in the past. also th vocal melodies sound sorta similar and hell theyre both works in progress so maybe theyre similar or just switching stuff around a bit but I don't know how to reach you and all im trying to tell you sound very similar in syllable count and phonetics. I also think the music is still a little to meandering in tempo or lets say intensity instead. personally I still think they should have just used I don't know why which was one of my favorite suede songs since dog man star but hey im not in the band. the hooks amazing and I can sing it years later.

I don't know why
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/CeWUR6GW974

everyone I played this for that's tired of me playing suede songs, go figure, just loved this. good lyric as well

"i don't know why you stay here, I don't know why you stand for this, I don't know why you stay here, I don't know why it had to come to this / I don't know why you stay here, I don't know what ive turned in to, I don't know why you stay here after all the sh1t ive put you through"

Would someone be kind enough to post Brett's alternate tracklistings for the albums off the remasters?

I have found some tracklists here, but I'm not sure if that's genuine since a review on Amazon mentioned Let Go was on the alternate Head Music tracklist and it's not on the one I've found...

Would someone be kind enough to post Brett's alternate tracklistings for the albums off the remasters?

I have found some tracklists here, but I'm not sure if that's genuine since a review on Amazon mentioned Let Go was on the alternate Head Music tracklist and it's not on the one I've found...

If you go to the Suede.co.uk webpage,click on the album you're interested in at the top of the page, then click '3DiCd' and you can read the booklets from the remastered album.

Thanks a lot! And no Let Go in there after all.
By the way, the alternate Head Music is a really great album, shame about Asbestos though.

I love them but have never seen them live. I love the new Bloodsports album too!

Thanks a lot! And no Let Go in there after all.
By the way, the alternate Head Music is a really great album, shame about Asbestos though.

No problems. I don't agree with Brett's alternative Dog Man Star track listing. Whilst Living Dead, Killing of a Flash Boy & My Dark Star are all awesome tracks and would all appear if I was asked to create a 'Best of' album, I think DMS is perfect as an album as it is and doesn't need altering. Just my humble opinion. :)

Marred - If you love bloodsports, I would recommend either of the two live recording of that tour that Concertlive produced. I enjoy them as they high-light how Suede have matured as a live act.

OMG! - Just seen this:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...-royal-albert-hall-6-disc-deluxe/#more-113719

I've got to hear this, although a bit of a kick in the teeth for those who queued for hours to get a copy of the RSD release only last month.

Last edited:
No problems. I don't agree with Brett's alternative Dog Man Star track listing. Whilst Living Dead, Killing of a Flash Boy & My Dark Star are all awesome tracks and would all appear if I was asked to create a 'Best of' album, I think DMS is perfect as an album as it is and doesn't need altering. Just my humble opinion. :)

Marred - If you love bloodsports, I would recommend either of the two live recording of that tour that Concertlive produced. I enjoy them as they high-light how Suede have matured as a live act.

OMG! - Just seen this:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...-royal-albert-hall-6-disc-deluxe/#more-113719

I've got to hear this, although a bit of a kick in the teeth for those who queued for hours to get a copy of the RSD release only last month.

that's a fantastic photo as well. as to the kick in the teeth, well that's happened a couple of times in the suede camp but hey they've gotta fund themselves somehow and so it goes. as for dog man star, I would probably change it replacing stuff like daddys speeding and the power and filling in the living dead and flashboy respectively. also replace black and blue with my dark star and id be done. no ideas what bretts list was as I just cant remember but that's what id do

Speaking of the alternate tracklists, what do you all think of Brett's New Morning?
I'm not too sure what to think about it, I quite like Simon, Positivity and Obsessions but the dip in quality from Head Music (especially the amended version) is quite jarring.
I've been also trying to put the 19 b-sides/leftovers into a coherent playlist but there's not enough quality material. Really like Attitude and Oxygen, though.

Speaking of the alternate tracklists, what do you all think of Brett's New Morning?
I'm not too sure what to think about it, I quite like Simon, Positivity and Obsessions but the dip in quality from Head Music (especially the amended version) is quite jarring.
I've been also trying to put the 19 b-sides/leftovers into a coherent playlist but there's not enough quality material. Really like Attitude and Oxygen, though.

im of the opposite opinion as I like a new morning way way more than head music which can be kinda embarrassing imo and never listen to it. ive always liked a new morning and find it very good. I actually prefer it to coming up which musically is sweet but lyrically and vocally im not the biggest fan of. very much an album of the moment. I don't really remember bretts alt tracklisting much as I looked at it once and talked about it for a moment but the discussion ran its course and now I just don't remember. if I had my way it go something like this.

instant sunshine
obsessions
lonely girls (I love this song)
lost in tv (which would make a nice refrain with the instant sunshine line echoing subtly in the background, the theme from the first song instant sunshine)
beautiful loser
positivity
astro girl
untitled...morning
you belong to me (replacing the terrible one hit to the body)
when the rain falls (yeah I know its a bit of a repeat but it still sounds great)
simon
oceans (not being a secret track but do leave a few seconds of silence like in mozs im not a man as itll compliment the sentiment in simon very well with the oceans between them now)

twelve songs m aking in my mind a very solid album.

OMG! - Just seen this:

Are these concert live productions official or bootlegs? And where can I get them?

Yes that Dog Man Star vinyl looks fantastic!

The Concertlive live shows are sort of semi-official, from what I understand, Concertlive sell soundboard recordings from shows with the bands permission under their label.

The suede shows can be downloaded here:

https://www.concertlive.co.uk/downloads/tours/183/

Or you can buy an actual cd (well cd-r) if you prefer to have a physical copy but be warned they will sting you with the postage costs. I can also recommend all three of Bretts solo shows from Concertlive.

Also: Dog Man Star 20th Anniversary box set now reduced to £60.99 on amazon uk.

The Concertlive live shows are sort of semi-official, from what I understand, Concertlive sell soundboard recordings from shows with the bands permission under their label.

The suede shows can be downloaded here:

https://www.concertlive.co.uk/downloads/tours/183/

Or you can buy an actual cd (well cd-r) if you prefer to have a physical copy but be warned they will sting you with the postage costs. I can also recommend all three of Bretts solo shows from Concertlive.

Also: Dog Man Star 20th Anniversary box set now reduced to £60.99 on amazon uk.

the brett ones were fantastic

Back
Top Bottom