Calling all Suede fans

Thanks Skylarker

I'll download these tonight and give them a listen, it'll be interesting to see if I prefer your versions.

What's your view of Bloodsports?

more mature i dont know but theres at least more people here so i can at least blend a bit or get lost between some posts. i have a bunch of revised lists as well but i wont go to far into it cause i might not stop and i have other things to think about and write down today. i will say that young men, this time and together, bentswood boys make a great intro for a suede cd that was not if listened to in that order. you might think young men and this time to long to be back to back openers but when you listen they just compliment each other so well in every way that you dont even notice and of course together is a great 3 min punch of a song that keeps your attention pretty well

Thanks Skylarker

I'll download these tonight and give them a listen, it'll be interesting to see if I prefer your versions.

What's your view of Bloodsports?

I don't care about it. I don't want to hear it. I've heard it's good but...I don't care. I think I played it one time. Probably should re-evaluate.

i have a brett story
a friend of mine said that her friend partied with brett and the rest of the band att Hultsfred in 1995. not sure its true but hey it sounds awsume.
i would have loved to shake it with brett

I which I had been at the 2010 Royal Albert Hall gig, watching the video it did look awesome.

Skylarker, I've just noticed you have deleted 'Picnic by the Motorway' on your 'Coming Up' mix, shame on you ;-)

Okay lets have everyone fav top ten. Mine at this exact moment is (in no particular order):

Pantomime Horse
Heroine
The Asphalt World
The Living Dead
The Two of Us
Still Life
Killing of a Flash Boy
Saturday Night
High Rising
The Wild Ones

Bollocks, missed of So Young, okay your top eleven Suede tracks

i have a brett story
a friend of mine said that her friend partied with brett and the rest of the band att Hultsfred in 1995. not sure its true but hey it sounds awsume.

Wow; that's one hell of a story there, Tolstoy...

Skylarker, I've just noticed you have deleted 'Picnic by the Motorway' on your 'Coming Up' mix, shame on you ;-)

I like that song a lot; just felt it was missable compared to the others.

Okay lets have everyone fav top ten.

To The Birds
My Insatiable One
Where The Pigs Don't Fly
High Rising
Stay Together
The Living dead
Metal Mickey
So Young
Animal Nitrate
This World Needs a Father

...runners up being The Wild Ones, Breakdown, Sleeping Pills

Ooh. The plot thickens.
Well she did not go groupie on him but i presume that she was brunette. That seems to be the ones brett hangs out with. And i think he had wanderd into the common peoples area

Well she did not go groupie on him but i presume that she was brunette. That seems to be the ones brett hangs out with. And i think he had wanderd into the common peoples area

Maybe he wanted to do whatever common people do...

Maybe he wanted to do whatever common people do...
I presume so. It seems like a thing jarvis would have done if he had not turned into such a high class hipster bitch
Bretts always been a bit high and mighty but i still luv him

I presume so. It seems like a thing jarvis would have done if he had not turned into such a high class hipster bitch
Bretts always been a bit high and mighty but i still luv him

Luke Haines' farts sound more interesting than either of those two guys' legacies combined....

Luke Haines' farts sound more interesting than either of those two guys' legacies combined....

Come on suede started the britpop movement! But i have to agree that both brett and jarvis did not set the world on fire. I love Pulp and suede, but have you heard jarvis cockers sunday service on music 6?. A two hour f***ing sleeping pill. Jarvis was going to hold an radioprogram when he tells goodnight stories. If any on last more than a few minutes of that, they deserve an award. Jarvis a very talanted and funny man, but still is so boring that It his girlfriend not him that falls asleep after sex

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus he looks like a combination of sting and Phil Collins image.jpg
This how i lookimage.jpg

Come on suede started the britpop movement! But i have to agree that both brett and jarvis did not set the world on fire. I love Pulp and suede, but have you heard jarvis cockers sunday service on music 6?. A two hour f***ing sleeping pill. Jarvis was going to hold an radioprogram when he tells goodnight stories. If any on last more than a few minutes of that, they deserve an award. Jarvis a very talanted and funny man, but still is so boring that It his girlfriend not him that falls asleep after sex

???

it started years before they appeared.

I guess it is difficult to establish when a particular music genre starts, but if you take when the phrase Britpop became into common use in the nineties, then Suede are considered by many to be the pioneers before turning their backs on it.

Here are my fan edits of the last three original-run Suede LPs.

They consist of track re-sequencings, edits of songs deemed too long, removal of songs deemed crap, inclusion of songs deemed great that should never have been left off the album to begin with.

Where possible all sources were the deluxe/remastered editions.

I feel these revised versions make these three flawed albums very enjoyable. If you agree, cool.

If not, I'll be losing a lot of sleep tonight.

Coming Up (Skylarker Edition)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/i3g7ky

Trash
The Chemistry Between us (edit)
Lazy
Filmstar
We're So Disco
Elaine Paige
These Are The Sad Songs
The Beautiful Ones
By The Sea
The Sound Of The Streets
Saturday Night
This Time

Head Music (Skylarker Edition)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/vke3jy

Crack In The Union Jack (edit)
Electricity
Let Go
Elephant Man
He's Gone
Implement Yeah!
She's In Fashion
Crackhead (edit)
Since You Went Away
Down (edit)
God's Gift
Everything Will Flow

A New Morning (Skylarker Edition)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/jz179c

Morning (edit)
Positivity
Golden Gun (demo)
Rainy Day Girl
One Love
Simon
One Hit To The Body
Lonely Girls
Lost In TV
Oceans
You Belong To Me​

Ye gods, your version of 'Head Music' is worlds better than the actual. Then again, since a crackhead was steering the ship, I guess it's understandable what was released.

im more curios as to what everyones favorite brett solo album is. mine is, of course, slow attack

im more curios as to what everyones favorite brett solo album is. mine is, of course, slow attack

I haven't got around to hearing all of Brett's solo work, but I have the three live albums released by Concertlive of his 2007 tour to promote his first solo album and I really like the solo tracks he played especially 'Love is Dead'

I guess it is difficult to establish when a particular music genre starts, but if you take when the phrase Britpop became into common use in the nineties, then Suede are considered by many to be the pioneers before turning their backs on it.

for me, the genre started with 'the smiths'. :D

Back
Top Bottom